Building a pc

Jiggaman88

Just bought and built the following from ebuyer.

• Antec 300
  • Antex 750w Truepower new
  • Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16Ghz
  • 4Gb DDR3 Corsair FSB1333
  • Sapphire Radeon 4870 HDMI Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
  • 500Gb Sata II h/d
  • 250Gb ide h/d
  • 1Tb WD notebook h/d
  • Saitek KB
  • Microsoft Habu

Free postage.. The prices beat everywhere.

• Antec 300
  • Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wiki
  • 500Gb Sata II h/d
  • 250Gb ide h/d
  • 1Tb WD notebook h/d
  • Saitek KB
  • Microsoft Habu

How much did this cost you?

overclockers.co.uk have some good deals on from time to time

Going to build a pc from scratch, I have the know how but looking to see where people recommend shopping for parts.

There isn't any one place which is the best. Shop around but generally the consensus is a combination of Micro Direct, Scan, EBuyer, Overclockers, Overclock, and maybe Dabs if you're struggling.

What spec you looking to get?

• Antec 300
  • Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n
  • 500Gb Sata II h/d
  • 250Gb ide h/d
  • 1Tb WD notebook h/d
  • Saitek KB
  • Microsoft Habu

How much did this cost you?

overclockers.co.uk have some good deals on from time to time

I got it for just under £700. The thing with Ebuyer is, they change individual components prices all the time for example the Sapphire vapor x graphics card Igot for £125. At one point it was £160 then it dipped to £130. Catch them good at the right time and you can get a great deal with substantial savings. ;)

away to fuck with this website pish, get your arse over to the gorbills and priceless computers etc. If you buy a whole PC and have a bit of banter and savvy about ye you can shoot a few quid off it.

i bought a

AMD 64 Dual core 5800+

2gb RAM

350gb HDD

Abit nForce mobo

GeForce 8800GT

black case with PSU and extra fans

all for just under 400 quid. And that was away Sept time last year.

away to fuck with this website pish, get your arse over to the gorbills and priceless computers etc. If you buy a whole PC and have a bit of banter and savvy about ye you can shoot a few quid off it.

i bought a

AMD 64 Dual core 5800+ 30 quid

2gb RAM 10 quid

350gb HDD 40 quid

Abit nForce mobo 30 quid

GeForce 8800GT 100 quid

black case with PSU and extra fans 40 quid

Nowadays that lot is about 260 quid. But not exactly bleeding edge equipment. It would do for a basic web surfing or office system, or even for light games, but beyond that...

Priceless are a budget retailer, they sell cheap parts of relatively low to moderate quality at cheap prices. As long as you know what you're getting when you go in, they're fine.

i bought a

2gb RAM 10 quid

350gb HDD 40 quid

Abit nForce mobo 30 quid

GeForce 8800GT 100 quid

Nowadays that lot is about 260 quid. But not exactly bleeding edge equipment. It would do for a basic web surfing or office system, or even for light games, but beyond that...

Priceless are a budget retailer, they sell cheap parts of relatively low to moderate quality at cheap prices. As long as you know what you're getting when you go in, they're fine.

as i said i bought it last year. But too say its a websurfing or office system is laughable, i haven't found a game which strains this PC yet...... people who buy 4-5gb of RAM and bridge graphics cards to look cool to their geek mates is crazy and unneccesary. any games out right now wouldn't touch bridged cards and could proberly run them with just the one card. In the future they may be a need for these bridge cards but just now i just dont see the point in them apart from braggin rights among gamers who show off the specs of their PCs.

i bought a

2gb RAM 10 quid

350gb HDD 40 quid

Abit nForce mobo 30 quid

GeForce 8800GT 100 quid

as i said i bought it last year. But too say its a websurfing or office system is laughable, i haven't found a game which strains this PC yet...... people who buy 4-5gb of RAM and bridge graphics cards to look cool to their geek mates is crazy and unneccesary. any games out right now wouldn't touch bridged cards and could proberly run them with just the one card. In the future they may be a need for these bridge cards but just now i just dont see the point in them apart from braggin rights among gamers who show off the specs of their PCs.

I'd love to see you running Crysis Warhead or Arma II or Anno 1404 at full eye candy and come back here saying your pc found it a dawdle :D

Going to build a pc from scratch, I have the know how but looking to see where people recommend shopping for parts.

There isn't any one place which is the best. Shop around but generally the consensus is a combination of Micro Direct, Scan, EBuyer, Overclockers, Overclock, and maybe Dabs if you're struggling.

I have around £600 to spend and spec wise im looking for the best I can get. I need to buy the whole lot including monitor and the peripherals, pricing it up last night I thought I was doing well when choosin some things.. ended up with the basket sitting at 600ish without os, monitor and peripherals...

Will spend time over the weekend cutting back on some things lol

i bought a

2gb RAM 10 quid

350gb HDD 40 quid

Abit nForce mobo 30 quid

GeForce 8800GT 100 quid

That could do far better than light games. It'll play all modern games on decent enough settings I'm guessing. Light gaming would be an 8600GT, 2GB, C2Duo E4500.

Here's some sites I've bought from before that haven't been mentioned:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/

http://it247.com/store/default.aspx

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home

I have around £600 to spend and spec wise im looking for the best I can get. I need to buy the whole lot including monitor and the peripherals, pricing it up last night I thought I was doing well when choosin some things.. ended up with the basket sitting at 600ish without os, monitor and peripherals...

Will spend time over the weekend cutting back on some things lol

600 is tight but you could still have something half decent for that. I'd recommend:

9800GT - 80 quid

E7400 - 86 quid

Corsair 4GB 1066 - 30 quid

Asus P5QPL-VM EPU G41 Socket 775 - 60 quid

WD Caviar black 1.5 TB - 70 quid

Case - anything you like under 30 quid

Monitor - 15 inch = 50 quid, 19 inch = 80 quid.

That's about 400 so far, with 200 headroom for the rest of your kit.

i bought a

2gb RAM 10 quid

350gb HDD 40 quid

Abit nForce mobo 30 quid

GeForce 8800GT 100 quid

That could do far better than light games. It'll play all modern games on decent enough settings I'm guessing. Light gaming would be an 8600GT, 2GB, C2Duo E4500.

Here's some sites I've bought from before that haven't been mentioned:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/

http://it247.com/store/default.aspx

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home

totally agree, basic office system? with a 8800gt :lol:

mines slightly worse than this system mentioned yet i can play arma2 at settings close to high with max view distance with a very playable fps

That could do far better than light games. It'll play all modern games on decent enough settings I'm guessing.

If you're guessing, you're not that sure.

And when I say light gaming, I think you guys have misunderstood me. Oh sure, the Sims 3 or Crysis might RUN, but we're talking at crippled levels here.

You'd have to reduce all the visual settings to get something approaching smooth.

totally agree, basic office system? with a 8800gt :lol:

It's a decent graphics card, but 2GB of RAM and the CPU mentioned aren't even at medium levels. Which cripples said graphics card. He'd have a heck of a lot more pace with a better CPU.

mines slightly worse than this system mentioned yet i can play arma2 at settings close to high with max view distance with a very playable fps

And yet Arma II has been drawing criticism as one of the most poorly optimised engines ever made which even high power rigs are struggling to get up to 30fps...

Guess your PC is unique ;)

danny, your talking absolute fucking rubbish, i have crysis AND sims 3 and both run on full candy no problem. to say the PC i have is web based on a basic office system is absolute crazy and you know it.

danny, your talking absolute fucking rubbish, i have crysis AND sims 3 and both run on full candy no problem. to say the PC i have is web based on a basic office system is absolute crazy and you know it.

You can't run crysis on full eye candy with 2gb of ram the computer would melt

I really don't get what you're on about danny. The 8800 is a fucking beast of a card. I've went through tons of GPUs over the years and it has to be one of my faves.

Fast as fuck, cheap as hell and will easily run arma 2 at high levels as i play it myself.....

Shame arma 2 is pretty crap tho.

I'm actually thinking of taking it out of my older machine and putting it in my newer one as the my other GPU is fucking shit in it.

I really don't get what you're on about danny. The 8800 is a fucking beast of a card. I've went through tons of GPUs over the years and it has to be one of my faves.

Fast as fuck, cheap as hell and will easily run arma 2 at high levels as i play it myself.....

Shame arma 2 is pretty crap tho.

I'm actually thinking of taking it out of my older machine and putting it in my newer one as the my other GPU is fucking shit in it.

crysis full candy though? Even my pc struggled with crysis at times towards the end of the game