Sunderland sign Lorik Cana

Boab

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has confirmed the £5million signing of midfielder Lorik Cana from Marseille on a four-year deal.

The Albanian international was the French outfit's captain and Bruce believes he has pulled off a major coup having beat off a number of top clubs to land the 25-year-old.

"I'm delighted to have brought Lorik to the club, especially given the number of clubs who had expressed an interest in signing him," Bruce told the club's official website.

"He brings with him a tremendous amount of experience both at club level and internationally and is a great addition to our squad.

"To captain a side of Marseille's stature says a lot about the player and his character, and I'm sure he'll go on to be a fantastic signing for Sunderland."

The defence-minded anchorman has previously had a spell at Paris St Germain while also accumulating 31 caps for his country.

He becomes Bruce's third signing since taking the reigns at the Stadium of Light in June.

Great signing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5452291,00.html

Not sure about the Arsenal rumour, but it's certainly a very good signing for Sunderland. Especially since they sold Dean Whitehead for only £2mil less to Stoke on the same day.

I don't see Kompany getting a game for City now,

I disagree, I think Kompany will be excellent for City and I wouldn't rule him out playing in defence either.

I disagree, I think Kompany will be excellent for City and I wouldn't rule him out playing in defence either.

I must be the only person in the world who still sees Kompany as a centre half pretending to be in midfield. :lol:

Yeh De Jong more likely to miss out I think.

If you look at it, Hughes isn't intending to drop anyone. He's just signing lots of quality players for the positions he knows will get injured (strikers) or likely to miss matches from bookings (defensive mids). So basically, when one misses out another quality player comes in.

But then that won't matter when any long ball that Bolton plays reaches the defence. They'll still be fucked.

Not sure about the Arsenal rumour, but it's certainly a very good signing for Sunderland. Especially since they sold Dean Whitehead for only £2mil less to Stoke on the same day.

The Whitehead deal could rise to £5million depending on add ons, possibly £5million for Dean fucking Whitehead. :anguish: