Celtic only sold 22,000 tickets for Dinamo game

Celtic, meanwhile, have urged fans to buy tickets for Wednesday's Champions League qualifier against Dynamo Moscow at the 60,000-seater Parkhead. It is understood 22,000 tickets have so far been sold, which marks Tony Mowbray's first competitive outing as manager.

Amid such a backdrop, Celtic have rejected an offer for the match to be shown on terrestrial television, and no Russian channel will show it either. A statement from Mowbray was released in a clear attempt to drum up interest.

"The support so far in pre-season has been fantastic," he said. "We have a hard game on Wednesday and I'm hoping the atmosphere of Celtic Park, and the fact our players have experienced it before, will take us through and allow us to produce a good performance to give us a chance to progress.

"It's my first match at Celtic Park as manager but I don't want to build it up as a special moment for just me. It's another game in the glorious history of Celtic Football Club and it's a challenge for us."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...-premier-league

haha barely 1/3 full. Laughable. Shame it wont be on the telly though i would have liked a laugh.

I think its on the Beeb tbh.

Na im pretty certain it's the 2nd leg live

My mistake, sorry, knew I'd read/seen something but must have not read it right as I wouldn't be that interested :P

BBC Scotland will broadcast the second leg of Celtic's Champions League qualifier against Dinamo Moscow live on television and radio.

The tie at the Khimki Stadium kicks off at 1700 BST on 5 August and will be shown on BBC Two Scotland, with coverage also on BBC Radio Scotland.

Celtic host the Russian side on 29 July in the third qualifying round.

Dinamo currently sit four points off top spot in Russia after 14 rounds of matches in the Premier-Liga.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/8165921.stm

Why do people assume this will sell out...

It's during Glasgow fair, as I said before our game against Kaunus wasn't a sell out. Usually the first qualifying road in a freebie on their books according to a timmy in my work, so they're a bit disgruntled at having to fork out 50 quid in the next month for another two games. Then 100 for the actual match package for the Champions League if they go through.

TBH our attendances haven't been spectacular when we have played at the same stage of the competition.

There were only about 34,000 at the Kaunus game and 33,000 at the Zeta game the season before that.

But on the other hand Dinamo are a far bigger name than either Zeta or Kaunus, and with a new manager, players and all that is at stake in terms of revenue you think the so called GFITW would be making a bit more of an effort :rolleyes:

I'd be shocked if that few showed up. Infact I'd be shocked if they didn't sell out/nearly sell out. With new management and players, etc, you'd think they'd be turning out in mass.

It's a big game, and still against a well known club. Granted not and elite club, but Dinamo are still awell respected club.

Same mate my step dad asked me to go onlien as soon as they went on sale to get him one because he thought they would sell out.

So called GFITW? My arse they are!

tbh I spoke to one of their brethren the other day and he agreed that the concept of them being tgfitw is a load of bollocks.

It was a self proclaimed label they applied to themselves after Seville, but one which I think bothers us more than they preach it.

What I'm saying it's something we object to more than they now actually claim to be true.