Looking to shine

STEVEN NAISMITH will fly to London this afternoon intent on showing Arsene Wenger what he missed out on three years ago.

Back in August 2006, the Rangers striker was invited to join Arsenal for a week on trial from then employers Kilmarnock.

Steven NaismithAt the Rugby Park's request and because of international commitments, Naisy got just three days to work with the Gunners instead.

And despite giving everything he could, the Premiership outfit's manager Wenger chose not to follow up his initial interest.

Naismith will finally get the chance to play at Arsenal's magnificent Emirates Stadium over the next two days.

Competing in the Emirates Cup pre-season tournament, he'll be part of the Gers squad that faces PSG tomorrow and the hosts on Sunday afternoon.

Having made a good start to pre-season with a goal against Nuremberg on Sunday, Naismith is keen to build on the early promise he has shown.

And he's keen to prove to Wenger that he should have taken a chance on him when he had the opportunity to rather than let him slip through the net.

"Going to Arsenal three years ago on trial was a great experience," the 22-year-old said. "When I went there, the first thing they wanted me to do was a whole load of fitness tests.

big season for naimsith this season i think if he stays injury free he can be a great palyer for us