*** The Official Portsmouth 2 vs. 0 Rangers match thread ***

J_RFC87

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40min - Kris Boyd has put in a good shift so far in this game but he could be doing with a bit more help from Beasley and Lafferty at this stage.

:rolleyes: shocker...

I've not heard Kris Boyd name been mentioned in the 1st half, that's how much of a good shift he's put in ;)

Beat you to it :D

Well the ball doesn't sound like its been making into the last third that much, maybe thats why? Boyd needs the service, doesn't sound like he's getting it.

Is it beneath him to do what Miller does in that role, and put his foot in?

All this he's not getting service is running a bit thin, he's need to get involved in the game.

Guest therabbitt

Is Fleck playing in midfield with Mendes and McCulloch?

DMB and Lafferty the other side of Boyd?

I've just started to listen at halftime.

LOL did u hear them just dismiss our chances of finishing top 4? If we had the same money and a chance to build a team we would finish top 4 no bother.

Considering we get into the Champions League pretty much every year with about a tenth of their resources. :lol:

Well the ball doesn't sound like its been making into the last third that much, maybe thats why? Boyd needs the service, doesn't sound like he's getting it.

Everyone elses fault except Boyd's. Shock horror. He should be doing more to get involved if he isn't getting the service. A bit of enthusiasm tracking back and closing down the Portsmouth players wouldnt go a miss, but he never does that.

By the way, i'm not solely blaming Boyd, every one of them have been poor so far. Few changes needed 2nd half.

Boyd "did well to intercept a younes kaboul pass" early in the game, or did you not hear that?

Yes, 1 pass. That changes everything. When we have our backs to the wall, he is nowhere to be seen, and becomes anonymous and a waste of a shirt. I was impressed with him pre-season up until today, and it just reitirates the fact that he should be nowhere near any CL games this season.

Unless there is subs at half-time, that's it. (tu)

From what I read on the website, it seemed as if Fleck was in midfield with McCulloch and Mendes.

Everyone elses fault except Boyd's. Shock horror. He should be doing more to get involved if he isn't getting the service. A bit of enthusiasm tracking back and closing down the Portsmouth players wouldnt go a miss, but he never does that.

By the way, i'm not solely blaming Boyd, every one of them have been poor so far. Few changes needed 2nd half.

Boyd "did well to intercept a younes kaboul pass" early in the game, or did you not hear that?

Yes, 1 pass. That changes everything. When we have our backs to the wall, he is nowhere to be seen, and becomes anonymous and a waste of a shirt. I was impressed with him pre-season up until today, and it just reitirates the fact that he should be nowhere near any CL games this season.

Well people are saying hes doing nothing, clearly thats not the case, hes been in and around the box when weve created our best chances, yet its other areas of the team letting us down... are you watching the game or listening to the game? Its quite hard to judge players individual work rate when listening to rangers world, they are rotten

LOL did u hear them just dismiss our chances of finishing top 4? If we had the same money and a chance to build a team we would finish top 4 no bother.

If we had the money they had we would be able to attract big name players.

Guest therabbitt

Unless there is subs at half-time, that's it. (tu)

Cheers, good to hear he's being given a chance to shine in a more natural postition for him.

Shame this is a game with no live video, I'd have loved to have seen how he got on in there!

Well people are saying hes doing nothing, clearly thats not the case

"Nothing" is an exaggeration. But he is doing as close to nothing as possible. When we are under the cosh i'd expect him to do a lot more, but he just hangs around the halfway line waiting for something to happen, and if it doesnt, its "Boyds getting no service, its no his fault" all over again.

I'm tired of having the same old Boyd debate over and over again tbh mate, lets see how he goes in the 2nd half (tu)

Can everyone please shut up about Boyd's performance so far. Trying to appraise a players performance when you're listening to the game on a radio link (where the commentators are hardly even paying attention when Rangers attack) is just stupid.