*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

Your opinion isn't based on anything other than pure hatred. If Messi played for Liverpool you'd say he was overrated.

You make ridiculous statements that you can't substantiate and then back them up with even more ridiculous ones.

Back up a minute here. Your first point is totally ironic when you consider your second one... <cr> Your first point is a ridiculous statement that you can't substantiate.

If Messi played for Liverpool, I'd still be debating with people on here that he has the potential to be the greatest player of all time.

You don't see me sitting here saying Gerrard isn't one of the best midfielders in the world, do you? In fact, I believe I've said on here recently that up until this season, I viewed Gerrard as one of the best midfielders in the world and much better than Lampard, so don't imply that my hatred for Liverpool clouds my judgement on Fernando Torres.

I've made a very, very valid point that when Torres isn't in goalscoring form, what does he offer to his club? Absolutely nothing.

Fuck me, you'd think I'd signed up here and put a tricolour as my avatar ffs.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You lot keep telling me he hasn't been awful, but we must have watched different games.

There were two games in a row recently, where I daresay he was still unfit, but he was the worst player on the park. The only thing he offered the team was a guaranteed yellow card.

I wish he was at somewhere bar Liverpool though. We can obviously rule out Real, because he's rather eat his own face than play for them. I would love to see him at Barca if truth be told.

There was a spell where he was not playing well, Reading, Manchester City, Blackburn, Wigan, and Lille (away), but he's been playing a lot better recently. Clearly not fit, yet is still banging the goals in. 10 goals in his last 10 games.

No arguing with his recent stats.

Plus he's got a wee mean/dirty streak, and I think that's important.

Still not first choice for Spain though, I wonder how it'll pan out with him and Fabregas in South Africa. Surely, with Fab's injury, it's two up front with Torres?

I'd personally go with Fabregas over Torres if he makes it.

A midfield consisting of Fabregas, Alonso, Xavi and Iniesta is :drool:

The other mob would never see the ball.

Silva in there too for me.

Fernando Torres is world class, one of the most complete strikers in football!

(tu)

To say he is overrated is just laughable

Do you watch much football ?

It's laughable to be a Lee McCulloch fan boy, unless you actually are Lee McCulloch. (tu)

Yes, I watch loads of football and I think Torres is a fantastic goalscorer. Not a fantastic footballer.

A Lee McCulloch fan boy ? :lol:

The reason i stick up for McCulloch is because of twats like you who call themselves fans , who just have a natural dislike for a Rangers player and cant admit when he has been good or bad

Then you have the cheek to say this to BlueIsTheColour - those smug, condescending pricks who thinks he knows everything about football and those who's opinion differ from yours, know fuck all about football and are a clown.

When the statement above describes you perfectly !

The statement above doesn't describe me perfectly because I'd never call someone a clown and then go onto compare their football knowledge to that of a cat, just because they said a certain player I happen to like is overrated.

Natural dislike of a certain Rangers player? Or perhaps we just want to see the best 11 feature at all times and McCulloch certainly isn't deserving of a place in the best 11 at Ibrox.

Walter Smith picks him all the time at the expense of much better players. That's criminal.

Silva in there too for me.

Agreed.

I'd actually prefer Pablo Hernandez though, but doubt he'll be going. Mata is also a great shout.

They have so many top fucking class players in EVERY position. Reyes was on form a few weeks ago, so he'd be a good shout for the wing.

Hmmm, I agree with what Papa said -when Torres isn't on form, he is a grouchy barsteward who offers sweet fuck all except committing niggly fouls and moaning at everyone and anyone.

However when he is on form, he is one of the best strikers in the world. One of I say, I completely disagree that he is better than Villa and Drogba as Muff said, I would take them too quite easily over Torres.

Tbh I kind of agree with Cappa here, outwith him being a great goalscorer, he doesnt provide much for his team -as an all round footballer - maybe the odd killer pass, but you'll usually find that when he isn't scoring, he is too disinterested to bother finding his teammates with that killer pass...