Visiting Rosneath: The Moses McNeil Trail

McBoyd

Many people have known of the grave sides of the founding fathers and none revealed where they were due to

fearing timmy would go along and destroy/vandalise them.

God forbid they would do such a thing but if they did, I guess there would be retaliation by ned elements to tit for tat.

Hopefully none are moronic enough to do such things and past players/managers are left in peace.

Rangers have been saying for years they would tidy up the graves/new headstones, but still we wait.

We also have to consider the living relatives who may wish for them to stay as they are?

I don't know about that side of things?

If someone contacted the families and asked about it, maybe if they don't mind, we could raise money among all the forums to help with the funding.

Or just get a sculpter to build a statue honouring them and placed outside Ibrox just similar to what they did with the John Grieg one.

That's been costed. £250K was the quote I believe.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought i'd throw these up too, just some basic ideas for something i'm making.

I'm attempting to turn this thread into an online pdf for people to download and print and use, heres some very basic ideas/layouts so far.. the images will have sticky tape on the corners (done in photoshop) to add to the effect, i'll play with the writing to make it look as if it's actually written ON the paper, and more..

frontcover1-1.jpgRangersFCfrontpagebookletpage2-1.jpgRangersFCfrontpagebookletpage3-1.jpg

3 wallpaper ideas relating to this.. (didn't wanna make a new thread for it).

Pardon the sizes, if anyone actually wants to use one for their wallpaper, please pm me i'll send over the correct size (state a size if you want too).

wallpaper3-2-1-1.jpg

1877cupfinalwallpaper-1-1-1.jpg

wallpaper1-2-1-1.jpg

The start of West End (now Kelvingrove)Park, Glasgow where the Gallant Pioneers came up with the idea of a football team. If I was a clever clogs like the admirable McBoyd I could have added four ghostly figures walking along. :D

002-2.jpg

In 1872 at the time of the Gallant Pioneers this site would have been the residence of the Mcneil family, 169 Berkely St Glasgow, now a soon to be monstrous carbuncle.If you are ever walking along Berkley St know that you are in the footsteps of the Gallant Pioneers.

006-2.jpg

Brilliant thread. Alot of Younger Members Like me could learn more about our History from this thread.

Cheers Mcboyd.

They should have someting In Kelvin Grove since that was the place where they actually found Rangers.

what do Yous think??. Or do You's think this could never happen because of the certain people who live in our City.??

This has been a really good thread with so much information on our history. Im probably like most of us on her who feal like they really want to do something to remember our founding fathers. Its just so important that these greats are never forgotten about and everyone knows exactly where our great club came from.

No matter what other things i think we can all debate and disagree on, this is something that 100% are all as one

A great read

The start of West End (now Kelvingrove)Park, Glasgow where the Gallant Pioneers came up with the idea of a football team. If I was a clever clogs like the admirable McBoyd I could have added four ghostly figures walking along. :D

002-2.jpg

I can attempt that tomorrow if you don't mind me using your image ;)

What a fantastic post my friend. So proud to be a Rangers fan and i thank those young men who have made this great club, they have brought me such joy over the years. :love:(tu)

Rangers must must must do something to remember these men. I want a statue or something outside Ibrox in remembrance to these great men (tu) (tu) (tu)

WATP

You are a legend McBoyd. I will be taking the trip down to Rosneath with a few fellow bears next month and paying my respects.

Also what you done with Toffs.com with the 1876/1877 shirt is amazing. I shall defo be ordering one to get framed and go in my Rangers room in my house.

I also downloaded the wallpapers.

Good man and true Ger.

WATP

Garelochhead, from Rosneath. Where the seeds of the seeds were sown. And a fine looking place it is befitting of a seed of the mighty Rangers FC.

006-1.jpg

The birthplace of Peter Campbell , A Gallant Pioneer.

004.jpg

Thanks for these images 4BAAB, they are brilliant (tu)

I hope this can turn into a thread for discussion and posting pictures/stories relating to this :)

On that note, the book 'Gallant Pioneers' pointed out something to me which i'd not noticed at all somehow, and that is that Moses McNeil is sat in this image far left afterall, i'd looked for him many a time, but figured he'd be in the playing gear, but it appears he didn't feature in this match of the Ancients vs the Moderns sadly.

mcneilancientvsnew-1.jpg

Souness would have fitted right in back then :cool:

I took this picture a few weeks ago looking over Greenock towards Rosneath

post-217-1250746394_thumb.jpg

You are a legend McBoyd. I will be taking the trip down to Rosneath with a few fellow bears next month and paying my respects.

Also what you done with Toffs.com with the 1876/1877 shirt is amazing. I shall defo be ordering one to get framed and go in my Rangers room in my house.

I also downloaded the wallpapers.

Good man and true Ger.

WATP

Thanks for the kind words, i'm glad you liked it all :)

Alex