If Scott Brown gets sold would this be bad news for us

Bluepeter9

I honestly think the Spurs £11 million Brown bid story was just the Sunday Mail doing Celtic's work for them.

Celtic would love to be offered that kind of money for Brown. They'd sell in an instant imo.

So, I don't see this as a real story that a journalist has unearthed and reported - more a "story" planted by Celtic to advertise their willingness to offload their most marketable asset.

It is a story without any substance at all.... in my opinion.

Since when did you start believeing or worrying what the rhags have to say BP9?

Scott Brown for £10m, £11m....not a chance. He's not even worth half that!

Like I say every season, I'm not worried what celtc do, it's what we do/don't do, that worries me.

Since when did you start believeing or worrying what the rhags have to say BP9?

Scott Brown for £10m, £11m....not a chance. He's not even worth half that!

Like I say every season, I'm not worried what celtc do, it's what we do/don't do, that worries me.

Aye - its not like me to be negative and I do like to concentrate on what we do - but like everyone else, even I am struggling with the lack of squad depth we have - epecially at CB and especially with Bougie most likely being way in January. I am a GREAT believer that what makes a championship winning team is the depth of quality in a Squad as injuries and suspensions happen to every team - and as I say in the OP our squad just edges it now but if they did get big money (and IF they used it) it might have an effect - mind you I still haven't given up on a new CB as we may just wait till its confirmed Celtic are out of the CL and we are guaranteed the extra money.

IMO it would be terrible news for us. Getting £7m or £11m for a fairly average player would do them the world of good.

I still honestly fail to see what broon has done to justify his value rising to these kinds of levels.

thats my opinion as well.....Reknapp denies putting in a bid so lets hope it stays that way

like everyone else, even I am struggling with the lack of squad depth we have - epecially at CB and especially with Bougie most likely being way in January. I am a GREAT believer that what makes a championship winning team is the depth of quality in a Squad as injuries and suspensions happen to every team

Exactly. It's unbelievable what is going on at Rangers.

We win the league, make the Champions League, have the back bones of a very good, young squad, yet fail to strengthen, and try to move on to the next level. We have the chance to leave the rest of the SPL behind, celtc included, and we fail to do it once again.

The squad is lop-sided, it's weak in certain areas and has absolutely no back-up. Questions must be asked, especially why we bought central midfielders and strikers last season. Yet more miss-management.

like everyone else, even I am struggling with the lack of squad depth we have - epecially at CB and especially with Bougie most likely being way in January. I am a GREAT believer that what makes a championship winning team is the depth of quality in a Squad as injuries and suspensions happen to every team

We win the league, make the Champions League, have the back bones of a very good, young squad, yet fail to strengthen, and try to move on to the next level. We have the chance to leave the rest of the SPL behind, celtc included, and we fail to do it once again.

The squad is lop-sided, it's weak in certain areas and has absolutely no back-up. Questions must be asked, especially why we bought central midfielders and strikers last season. Yet more miss-management.

pretty much sums up how it is, yet alot of fans will ignore this fact and live off last seasons success

Not sure I would take the leap to mis-management (and certainly not until the transfer window closes) - we do need defensive cover and at this point in time even having Chritian Daily in the squad would have helped - we do have some real squad issues at the back but I will keep my faith (and see where 1st September takes me) :rolleyes:

Celtic won't sell for £7m but will for £11m.

I think he's pretty much crucial to them to be honest, and it might be difficult to replace him. If Mowbray is serious about totally changing the way they play though £11m should allow him to do that, along with the 3 or 4m they get for Hinkel, who they won't miss.

I'd rather they kept him than got millions for him!

You could replace Scott Brown easily IMO, especially if you have a bit of money (£3m+) to spend.

exactly and it appears this is back on according to Clyde tonight with big sums of cash being bandied about...Redknapp is up tp watch Broon and see how he does against the Arsenal