Champions League 09/10

stupants

there is some real snash in the champions league pot 4 under this new format, competition is more colourful i suppose, but defo weaker than it has been.

i think the champions league has been such a success due to its football snobbery, people tuning in to see the worlds best players, now there is certaintly a world cup feel to procedings with an also ran now guarenteed in almost every group.

After last nights results I'm a bit more confident about getting into Pot 2, but as has been mentioned by a few people there aren't any easy games, remember our complacency last season? If we play at the top of our game in every match then I think reaching the last 16 is a realistic target, when that happens, presuming we finish 2nd in our group we will be drawn against a team that has finished top in their group.

I don't think our squad is big enough or contains enough depth to seriously challenge for the last 16, but only because we often get saddled with the worst draw possible.

My main fear is Wolfsburg in Pot 4 :anguish:

I dont care about pots :)

Last 16 should be, as Muff said rather well, where we should be everytime. My expectations are for us to improve, and, progress, so, we know we can make last 16, we have done it before, and, will again. So, I am looking for us to progress to the last 8, if not this season, then next

I don't think our squad is big enough or contains enough depth to seriously challenge for the last 16, but only because we often get saddled with the worst draw possible.

My main fear is Wolfsburg in Pot 4 :anguish:

A group of Chelsea, Rangers, Bordeaux and Wolfsburg :anguish: