My QPR Story

BryanRfc

So I was wanting a little challenge so I thought I would start a game with QPR. Started the game in the 09/10 season as that was the one I had loaded at the time and couldn't be bothered loading a new one :lol:. I was expected a mid-table finish but I thought I would be able to do a bit better than that so I bumped it up to promotion. I was given £11m.

Pre-season results :

Hamilton 2 - 3 QPR

QPR 0 - 1 Middlesbrough

Brentford 0 - 2 QPR

Ok pre-season but at that point I was trying to find a decent tactic to stick with.

My signings :

35ciypk.jpg

I bought Sebastien Grax in July then sold him in January as he wasn't performing very good 4 goals in something like 14 games .

McFadden and Carroll were brought in, in January. Carroll was brought in for back up as I had like 3 strikers at the time. He only lasted 4 games and got injured in every game. The 4th time he was out for around a month so I just terminated the loan deal and sent him back to Newcastle. In the McFadden deal I told Birmingham I would give them £6million after he played 40 games I'm going to try the wee trick someone posted in the FM discussion thread on here about on the 39th game sell him and you don't need to pay :lol: .

What the league looked like at the end of the season :

2i1gjle.jpg

I finished second as you can see which I was really happy with cause im crap at Fm :).

Here is my first team :

2roqru9.jpg

Here is the stats for the team.

2r73i2s.jpg

Yes Shittu did end up with 12 goals I think this might have been because I spent so much time trying to perfect my corners and free kick's because there isn't a trick in this one as there was in 08 :lol:. Top goal scorer as you can see was James McFadden with 13 goals which I was amazed by because I only bought him in January. Just shows how crap my strikers where :lol:.

I'm looking to get a couple of strikers that will score in the premiership and a couple of midfielders maybe even a left back too because I have converted Razvan Rat into a left mid which he is absolutely amazing playing in. I think if I can buy quality players in those positions that should keep me afloat next season then if I can achieve that then I can just keep building and then push towards Europe within a few seasons.

Also wanting an International job preferably an Under 20's team so I can watch out for the new talent :D.

Will keep this updated with the latest in my premiership season and try and update it every month I play in the game ;).

Would appreciate any help you could give and possible signings that will keep me alive in the big league.

Cheers for reading :D

ST Gignac and Milevskyi both can be bought for around 10 million each although it varies each time I start a new game.

LM AM ST Aquino from Murcia can be bought for 5 million he is always my first buy for any team..

LB LM Nem... something from Zenit you can get him on loan or for a very reasonable fee performs wonderfully

RB RM Belleti always seem to perform well you can get him also on loan or for a cheap fee

Other midfielders that you could get would be Davis or Thomson from us can be bought for around 4 million I usually give them more if I can afford it :)

or Beckham another good buy for a very cheap price and he also never seems to drops any of his stats after all the years ive had him.

Tried to give you some loans but there are obviously good buys out there aswell, they loans will mean you can splash out on the strikers whic you clearly need and when you flog McFadden you will not regret buying Aquino as his replacement his is a beast that tears em a new one.

Also if your looking for youngsters try getting these Australian players:

Kaz Patafta AM-Newcastle Jets

Michael Zullo AM R/L-Queensland Roar

Robbie Kruse AM R/St-Queensland Roar

They're all in their teens still I think and start off about 80/90 in ability but have a potential ability of over 150. They're really cheap to sign and won't command ridiculous wages because of their age and the fact the A-League has a salary cap. Should be no problems getting them signed for a Premiership side and would be good to have in your youth or reserve team for a couple of years. You might have a problem getting them all work visas though. I only managed to sign one of them in my game.

Is it possible to take control of just an under 20's team?

Not from the begining of a game, but I think you can be offered it. A bit like not being able to coach both a Nation and a Club at the start, but being able to do it as you get into a game.

at the start of the game I think senegal need an under 20's manager and also the U19's ;)

Nice. And through that is it possible that other under 21's, 20's etc... jobs come up?

at the start of the game I think senegal need an under 20's manager and also the U19's ;)

Nice. And through that is it possible that other under 21's, 20's etc... jobs come up?

Usually if an international manager goes 9 times out of 10 the other coaches go too in this game anyway :) or do what Clinton said :D

You said there that there isn't a trick for FM09 for corners as there is in FM08, well there is, make your corner kick taker cross the ball to the 6 yard box, then put your best heading and jumping player (usually a CB) to 'Challenge Keeper' and the rest of your players that you wish to have in the box set to 'Go forward'. Preferably have the corners inswinging aswell. Phil Jagielka scored 15+ for me three seasons on the trot using this tactic. I have tried it with other teams and players aswell and it's worked too, but, can't really remember names and numbers of other players off the top of my head just now.

Awwww lads its all going tits up I am now doing a Walter Smith from couple seasons ago and building for next season :craphead:.

This season I have been absolutely riddled with injuries. Every game there is at least 2 players end up injured and I dont think I have been able to play my strongest team yet :(.

Im currently 16th in the league half way through January. I bought Bafetimbi Gomis for £11million in the summer and then sold him to Liverpool in January for £10.5million because he scored 1 goal in 16 games and that was a rebound from a penalty. I replaced him with Marquinhos :). I then bought Buonanotte only played him once but I'm just trying to survive this season as my target that the board asked for was to avoid relegation.

Here is all of my transfers for this season :

vnp7ye.jpg

Aiming just to stay alive this season :lol: then the real challenge begins in the summer getting rid of the shit and bringing in some quality :D.

Will do the next update at the end of the season :D.

Cheers for reading :).

Couple of questions, how did you get it windowed like that and where did you get the theme ?

For windowed mode I followed this guide I think :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/play-fm...ode-t12256.html Works for most people not for some.

And the theme is here :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.p...62&act=down

giovinco was poor for me at 1st but u should of gave him more time, once he settles in he gets so many assists and also the odd goal. i played him left mid but he can play attackin mid and striker.

btw marquinhos should be a brill signing.

if ur in need of a rb daniel opare of real madrid can be bought for like 250k and he does well.

sankhare of psg is cheap, i played him as defensive mid but scored alot of goals for me.

You said there that there isn't a trick for FM09 for corners as there is in FM08, well there is, make your corner kick taker cross the ball to the 6 yard box, then put your best heading and jumping player (usually a CB) to 'Challenge Keeper' and the rest of your players that you wish to have in the box set to 'Go forward'. Preferably have the corners inswinging aswell. Phil Jagielka scored 15+ for me three seasons on the trot using this tactic. I have tried it with other teams and players aswell and it's worked too, but, can't really remember names and numbers of other players off the top of my head just now.

Whats the trick for FM08? I didn't buy 09 and still play 08 and will do until the new one comes out but i didn't know about any 'corners trick'!

Well I finished 14th In the league and got to the FA cup final against Man City who beat me on penalties which I was happy with in the end.

Here's the league :

11skpxl.jpg

Here's My summer transfers :

2ed8j0w.jpg

And this is my current team.

mtxsgp.jpg

Happy with my team at the moment.

Here's the current league a couple games in .

2qtfrxs.jpg

Aiming for a top ten place this season its going to be hard but should be good fun :).

Whats the trick for FM08? I didn't buy 09 and still play 08 and will do until the new one comes out but i didn't know about any 'corners trick'!

Yeah, the corner trick is still in FM09.

Corner trick is kind of a flaw of the match engine with which you can get tons of goals from corners by setting your tactics like Ryan_1 said basically. Google it around a bit, I think it's even more exploitable in FM08.

You need a logo graphics pack. How can you stand having the league table without the proper badges? It drives me nuts. I found an awesome one that basically has every logo in the world. Even has the Highland and Junior Leagues in Scotland. Well done on your season mate. I still can't believe you have the money to spend 11 million on a player. Bloody Premier League.

It's not really much of a challenge doing what you've done.

Try starting at Rotherham minus 15 points and gaining automatic promotion by some way to League one and then being offered the Sevilla job. Now theres a challenge for you...

Try starting at Rotherham minus 15 points and gaining automatic promotion by some way to League one and then being offered the Sevilla job. Now theres a challenge for you...

Bummer if he gets the auto promotion and doesnt get offered sevilla but some other team eh :craphead:

Any team not in the top division is a challenge IMO, promotion isn't always straightforward.

And am i the only one that ALWAYS has two games on the go?

I've got my Man City game for the money, and Luton Town for the drama.