William McBeath-A Lincoln Memorial.

4boysandabaw

It's the fans like yourself who do all the legwork, finding the infromation and making it known to fellow bears.

Once again, unlike the club itself.

Not to take anything away from 4boysandabaw's work, was it not David Mason the club historian (or Gary Ralston who wrote the Gallant Pioneers, not sure which, they callobrated on research) who found out where his grave was? :P

It was indeed Gary Ralston.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the fans like yourself who do all the legwork, finding the infromation and making it known to fellow bears.

Not to take anything away from 4boysandabaw's work, was it not David Mason the club historian (or Gary Ralston who wrote the Gallant Pioneers, not sure which, they callobrated on research) who found out where his grave was? :P

It was indeed Gary Ralston.

Thats who my books signed by :)dsc000031.jpg

I did say "fans like yourself".

Wasn't singling 4boysandabaw for all the work involved, just appreciating his involvement in

this gesture like fans before him have done their bit to help us know more about the founding fathers.

Good work, although i'm not so sure that pinning it to a tree does our Founder justice.

Plans are underway for the marking of other areas.

I thought the tree was quite appropriate, it was the only logical choice really.

I see you've replaced your original post.

That's a real pity.

A free-standing metal plinth with a plaque attached would perhaps be more fitting to our Founder.

You do it then.

The guy has clearly made a real effort and paid for it with his own money. Yet all you can do is criticise. <cr>

I'm not here to criticise anyone.

I just feel that something more appropriate and fitting was required.

Years of research has gone into this, William McBeath and his friends deserve better.

Wasn't singling 4boysandabaw for all the work involved, just appreciating his involvement in

this gesture like fans before him have done their bit to help us know more about the founding fathers.

I wasn't knocking you or his work, sorry if i misread, just sounded like you said that he found the grave, haha :P

Its shocking to think if this book wasn't written then I wouldn't of had a clue who founded Rangers :(

Rangers must must must must do something at Ibrox for these great men (tu)

It's great to see this book is broadening peoples interest in it though :)

I didnt see it in the Rangers store at ibrox :ph34r::(

At the moment you will get the book via Breedon books on Amazon. Unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Good work, although i'm not so sure that pinning it to a tree does our Founder justice.

I thought the tree was quite appropriate, it was the only logical choice really.

That's a real pity.

A free-standing metal plinth with a plaque attached would perhaps be more fitting to our Founder.

You do it then.

The guy has clearly made a real effort and paid for it with his own money. Yet all you can do is criticise. <cr>

I'm not here to criticise anyone.

I just feel that something more appropriate and fitting was required.

Years of research has gone into this, William McBeath and his friends deserve better.

Its shocking to think if this book wasn't written then I wouldn't of had a clue who founded Rangers :(

Rangers must must must must do something at Ibrox for these great men (tu)

It's great to see this book is broadening peoples interest in it though :)

I didnt see it in the Rangers store at ibrox :ph34r::(

At the moment you will get the book via Breedon books on Amazon. Unless someone can tell me otherwise?

I ended up getting mines from Waterstones :)

It's on amazon, waterstones, and at WH Smiths :)

I was in those shops when it was first released and they didn't have it or any knowledge of it coming in :(

Good to know they finally got it in.

I wasn't knocking you or his work, sorry if i misread, just sounded like you said that he found the grave, haha :P

I meant to mention your part as well showing the rosneath grave. :D

That's a real pity.

I changed my mind about removing it, Ive done what i wanted to do. If someone removes it for something more suitable , so be it.

That was a great gesture 4baws and ashamed to admit, it's a lot more than the club has done for him.

I am always wary of timmy reading these things and then go destroy these gravestones.

Not saying ned elements of the Rangers support would not be like minded when it comes to past celtic players.

I just hope their resting places are left in peace and respected.

Wanted to ask also. Is there a gravestone in front of William McBeath's and the angles of the pictures makes it appear something is blocking a full front picture?

Just wondered as to why you put the flowers and top beind the headstone?

Once again, Bravo for the gesture and effort you put into this.

Thank You, Williams resting place is directly behind that of William Edward Kirkby, If I took a picture of it head on then all it would show was the headstone of William Edward Kirkby.

That's a real pity.

You do it then.

Aye , I seem to have ruffled some feathers somewhere. I e mailed the official founders commitee, or whatever it is, from, an e mail address posted on this forum. No reply.

I knew i should have gone for the £1500 granite block.

That's a real pity.

You do it then.

Aye , I seem to have ruffled some feathers somewhere. I e mailed the official founders commitee, or whatever it is, from, an e mail address posted on this forum. No reply.

What email address did you send it to ?

That's a real pity.

You do it then.

That's a real pity.

You do it then.

There are no feathers to be ruffled my friend.Surely i'm entitled to an opinion .

This is a project very close to me

i feel that collectively ( Club included) that we could have achieved something more fitting to acknowledge William McBeath's contribution to our Club.

The one that was given in McBoyds Moses McNeil thread (gallantpioneers@hotmail.co).uk. There was a link to a paypal account to donate as well though I wasnt going to donate until I knew what was going on.

To be clear. i am not claiming any Edmund Hilary status here, in any threads regarding the GPs I have always credited Gary Ralston. There is nothing wrong with any individual making their own appreciation of the GPs. In my first post on this forum I stated that I intended to go to Lincoln, inspired by Ralston s book. I hope that my smalll memorial is the first of many to be put there, officially and independently.

Edited to include e mail address.

Good for you mate. I have no idea what your troubles were... but you have obviously faced up to them, and are winning. Overcoming things is difficult -- and requires daily dedication.

Thank you posting this, and I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Good for you mate. I have no idea what your troubles were... but you have obviously faced up to them, and are winning. Overcoming things is difficult -- and requires daily dedication.

Thank you posting this, and I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Thank you coop. just the usual stuff Drink, drugs, crime, kicked up and down the street etc. Not like that today :D

I went to Fleshers Haugh today, to scatter some of the earth I had taken from Williams burial site. Some at the Clyde Rowing Club too. which is in our history.

019.jpg

Thats metres, not miles. though Lincoln could be that distance in miles.

013.jpg

Just saw this, great stuff mate (tu) i will be paying a visit to the clyde rowing club soon too :)

I went to Fleshers Haugh today, to scatter some of the earth I had taken from Williams burial site. Some at the Clyde Rowing Club too. which is in our history.

019.jpg

Thats metres, not miles. though Lincoln could be that distance in miles.

013.jpg

Just saw this, great stuff mate (tu) i will be paying a visit to the clyde rowing club soon too :)

I am always wary of timmy reading these things and then go destroy these gravestones.

Not saying ned elements of the Rangers support would not be like minded when it comes to past celtic players.

Your fears do have foundation. Scum the lot of them.

55q7b9.jpg

Your fears do have foundation. Scum the lot of them.

55q7b9.jpg

What sites that pal?

Fucking scum.