William McBeath-A Lincoln Memorial.

4boysandabaw

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Lincoln, I'm from lincoln mate, went to the emirates with two fellow blues, going to the rangers v Celtic in feb through Thomas cook, 4 of us going 3 from Lincoln and 1 from cleethorpes. Lincoln are my main team as I'm from here, would be a dream if rangers would play at sincil bank, my mum is from Glasgow. I live 5 minutes from that pub and the centre of Lincoln.

Tis true what the Rt Honourable Gentleman above says.

I too come from Lincoln and didn't know about all of this until a recent report in the local rag. It's amazing what you have done and I will pop down to Canwick Road cemetry some time to see it.

It is at times like these that you really do appreciate and realise that We Are the People :gerbad:

I wish I had known there are a few bears in Lincoln. Spread the word gentlemen, get all your friends to put flowers there.

Of course, if we had our own museum.....................

Great credit to you 4BAAB, a very worthy thing you have done from your own funds and in your own time.

Wouldn't it be good to do tour of Rangers landmarks and important locations, including all the sites of grounds we have had, our first match, the gallant pioneers roots and stories, and it could be extended to Europe with our club's most memorable locations (Nice (first Euro game), Florence, Nuremberg, Barcelona, Manchester).

The recent books on our early beginnings only stimulate the thirst for even more knowledge, and our desire for the greatest story in sport to be told in greater detail than ever before.

Great credit to you 4BAAB, a very worthy thing you have done from your own funds and in your own time.

Wouldn't it be good to do tour of Rangers landmarks and important locations, including all the sites of grounds we have had, our first match, the gallant pioneers roots and stories, and it could be extended to Europe with our club's most memorable locations (Nice (first Euro game), Florence, Nuremberg, Barcelona, Manchester).

The recent books on our early beginnings only stimulate the thirst for even more knowledge, and our desire for the greatest story in sport to be told in greater detail than ever before.

The Rangers Trail has been created and a group went around sites in Glasgow relating to our Founders a few weeks ago.

The link to download the maps etc were posted on here last week.

The Rangers Trail has been created and a group went around sites in Glasgow relating to our Founders a few weeks ago.

I was about to say the same, i can't find the link again, but if someone could pm it or whatever that'd be great.

I was about to say the same, i can't find the link again, but if someone could pm it or whatever that'd be great.

Wasn't it included in your Moses McNeil Trail thread ?

It's in here.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...19820&st=75

Wasn't it included in your Moses McNeil Trail thread ?

Ah, is that where it was? I did have it bookmarked, but i can't find it. Nice one, i'll just go save the bookmark to my desktop this time, it will come in valuable for a certain photography project of mine i'm thinking about doing.

Aye here it is..

For those interested, here's a link to a .kmz file that can be opened in GoogleEarth. It adds overlays and points of interest all Rangers related. Once in GoogleEarth you can click on a location and information and a related picture will open up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZAC80WB

therangerstraillrg.jpg

sampledqu.jpg

:) For those interested, it's fantastic, i hope to see many a bear walking around lost looking for these places ;)

That was a great gesture 4baws and ashamed to admit, it's a lot more than the club has done for him.

It's the fans like yourself who do all the legwork, finding the infromation and making it known to fellow bears.

Once again, unlike the club itself.

I am always wary of timmy reading these things and then go destroy these gravestones.

Not saying ned elements of the Rangers support would not be like minded when it comes to past celtic players.

I just hope their resting places are left in peace and respected.

Wanted to ask also. Is there a gravestone in front of William McBeath's and the angles of the pictures makes it appear something is blocking a full front picture?

Just wondered as to why you put the flowers and top beind the headstone?

Once again, Bravo for the gesture and effort you put into this.

Good work, although i'm not so sure that pinning it to a tree does our Founder justice.

Plans are underway for the marking of other areas.

I thought the tree was quite appropriate, it was the only logical choice really.

I see you've replaced your original post.

That's a real pity.

A free-standing metal plinth with a plaque attached would perhaps be more fitting to our Founder.

It's the fans like yourself who do all the legwork, finding the infromation and making it known to fellow bears.

Once again, unlike the club itself.

Not to take anything away from 4boysandabaw's work, was it not David Mason the club historian (or Gary Ralston who wrote the Gallant Pioneers, not sure which, they callobrated on research) who found out where his grave was? :P

Good work, although i'm not so sure that pinning it to a tree does our Founder justice.

Plans are underway for the marking of other areas.

I thought the tree was quite appropriate, it was the only logical choice really.

I see you've replaced your original post.

That's a real pity.

A free-standing metal plinth with a plaque attached would perhaps be more fitting to our Founder.

You do it then.

The guy has clearly made a real effort and paid for it with his own money. Yet all you can do is criticise. <cr>

Its shocking to think if this book wasn't written then I wouldn't of had a clue who founded Rangers :(

Rangers must must must must do something at Ibrox for these great men (tu)

It's great to see this book is broadening peoples interest in it though :)

Its shocking to think if this book wasn't written then I wouldn't of had a clue who founded Rangers :(

Rangers must must must must do something at Ibrox for these great men (tu)

It's great to see this book is broadening peoples interest in it though :)

I didnt see it in the Rangers store at ibrox :ph34r::(