Why all the love for number 18?

outlaw69uk

his name is miller

would you like a prize?

you don't seem capable of saying his name doh

read up, are you incapable of that? :rolleyes: (I can do smileys too)

your a clever boy today (tu)

What a freak :lol:

You named yourself after Broadfoot???? And I am the freak? :P

Mate, the over praise of Miller, goes alongside that of Papac, Broadfoot, and, especially Sebo. Its tragic. Its wrong for Rangers fans to love mediocrity.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this in a thread yesterday. IMO a striker partnership of Boyd and Lafferty would work.

Both are not exactly great in the air and although Lafferty is 6'4 he has much more about him than just winning headers and trying to bullly defenders. He can hold the ball up, work the channels and run with the ball and he has looked to have bulked up a bit. Plus he is a very good finisher.

But over time I think we will see a Lafferty---Naismith partnership.

Unprovoked attack in order to gain approval from fickle fellow fans.

:lol:

Laugh all you want.

You have made a thread in order to please people who still in all their narrow minded glory cannot accept kenny miller in a rangers jersey. :)

Really? How so? The original title of the thread is a QUESTION ;)

You, like others, got all silly defensive, and, tried to imply something thats not there, possibly because its easier than answering it

number 18??

Without even reading your opening post, i was able to tell what kind of silly thread this would be by reading the title :)

So, you commented without reading it? haha quality, so, you replied to something you invented in your head? :pipe:

I mentioned this in a thread yesterday. IMO a striker partnership of Boyd and Lafferty would work.

Both are not exactly great in the air and although Lafferty is 6'4 he has much more about him than just winning headers and trying to bullly defenders. He can hold the ball up, work the channels and run with the ball and he has looked to have bulked up a bit. Plus he is a very good finisher.

I think you might well be right there, I dont think I would complain at that one at all. Pacy, and, both have natural finishing ability.

The only factor in it, would be if boyd could recreate his tannadice display EVERY week, but, barring that, those 2, Fleck and Little

I expected better from you, Outlaw. At least show some respect despite your oppinions on the man.

So far this season Miller has done nothing to warrant being dropped. It's as simple as that. Two very good performances at home, two good goals. Away at Hearts he led the line extremely well and was a constant threat despite us being down to ten men.

For obvious reasons there are those who will not give their support to him or don't want him in the team. But those fans are simply blinkered in their oppinion of his performances. I very much doubt that either Novo or Naismith could replicate Miller's performances this season. And as long as that continues then he should be in the squad.

The same goes for every player in the team, no exceptions, no double-standards. (tu)

I think you might well be right there, I dont think I would complain at that one at all. Pacy, and, both have natural finishing ability.

The only factor in it, would be if boyd could recreate his tannadice display EVERY week, but, barring that, those 2, Fleck and Little

That performance showed he can do it and if he can do it every week then he would be one of the first names on the team sheet and it would also merit him a new contract IMO.

There is no reason why he can't produce performances like that on a regular basis!

I expected better from you, Outlaw. At least show some respect despite your oppinions on the man.

So far this season Miller has done nothing to warrant being dropped. It's as simple as that. Two very good performances at home, two good goals. Away at Hearts he led the line extremely well and was a constant threat despite us being down to ten men.

For obvious reasons there are those who will not give their support to him or don't want him in the team. But those fans are simply blinkered in their oppinion of his performances. I very much doubt that either Novo or Naismith could replicate Miller's performances this season. And as long as that continues then he should be in the squad.

The same goes for every player in the team, no exceptions, no double-standards. (tu)

Oh, good, to who? People making crass offensive comments without actually readin what was said? Or, to those stating my intentions, therefore implying, or stating, that I must have sectarian views? Sorry, but, in those circumstances, no, not a chance mate, if none is shown, none is given. Check through, I have when a reasonable question or response was made.

Far too many got there panties in a bunch over the use of number 18, which, is his squad number correct? Why is that offensive? Oh, its not, unless you are looking to be actively offended. Its not even in the same league as the names used for other players and the manager. example? "Boyd is a fat lazy cunt", um? That may be slightly more offensive. Lets see, I used a player I dislikes squad number, and, asked a question as to why many of those dead against his signing, were now (as has been shown in this thread) hell bent on over playing his ability and contribution. Since my views, in the main are based on ability, perhaps the reason (that so few chose to actually give), is down to the fact that perhaps THEY had reasons other than ability to not want him signed?

He has been decent, I agree, do I still think we have better? Yes, were they available? No. So who is to know how we would have gotten on ;)

No double standards? Oh if only that were true haha

That performance showed he can do it and if he can do it every week then he would be one of the first names on the team sheet and it would also merit him a new contract IMO.

There is no reason why he can't produce performances like that on a regular basis!

I agree, but, he doesnt, so there has to be somewhere

Oh, good, to who? People making crass offensive comments without actually readin what was said? Or, to those stating my intentions, therefore implying, or stating, that I must have sectarian views? Sorry, but, in those circumstances, no, not a chance mate, if none is shown, none is given. Check through, I have when a reasonable question or response was made.

Far too many got there panties in a bunch over the use of number 18, which, is his squad number correct? Why is that offensive? Oh, its not, unless you are looking to be actively offended. Its not even in the same league as the names used for other players and the manager. example? "Boyd is a fat lazy cunt", um? That may be slightly more offensive. Lets see, I used a player I dislikes squad number, and, asked a question as to why many of those dead against his signing, were now (as has been shown in this thread) hell bent on over playing his ability and contribution. Since my views, in the main are based on ability, perhaps the reason (that so few chose to actually give), is down to the fact that perhaps THEY had reasons other than ability to not want him signed?

He has been decent, I agree, do I still think we have better? Yes, were they available? No. So who is to know how we would have gotten on ;)

Not using Miller's name in your post just makes you look as petty as the very posters you just criticised mate.

I'd like to know what exactly you expect to happen? Say we drop Miller from the team with immediate effect, will you be willing to pair Naismith and Boyd? Or use an unfit Novo who is just back from injury having not played in pre-season? I'm afraid neither of those options fills me with great confidence.

What do you propose our set-up be in the Champions League if Lafferty is indeed still injured? Boyd on his own? Face it, Miller is th best option we have for partnering Boyd in the SPL or leading the line in Europe. I would concede that when Lafferty returns then the Ulsterman would probably be a more productive lone striker.

But that is why the timing of your post is very off.

Attention seeking post imo to which he has replied himself about 40 times, i would have Miller there or thereabouts the team every time if fit, safe to say he was not the flavour of the month when signed, but he has certainly done more than enough to win me and most bears over, football fans fickle? fuckin right we are.

Not using Miller's name in your post just makes you look as petty as the very posters you just criticised mate.

I'd like to know what exactly you expect to happen? Say we drop Miller from the team with immediate effect, will you be willing to pair Naismith and Boyd? Or use an unfit Novo who is just back from injury having not played in pre-season? I'm afraid neither of those options fills me with great confidence.

What do you propose our set-up be in the Champions League if Lafferty is indeed still injured? Boyd on his own? Face it, Miller is th best option we have for partnering Boyd in the SPL or leading the line in Europe. I would concede that when Lafferty returns then the Ulsterman would probably be a more productive lone striker.

But that is why the timing of your post is very off.

I didnt advocate dropping him, the whole point was trying to figure out the seismic shift in views towards. Petty? I dont mind, I have my reasons, and, they arent. They are also unimportant to this thread. I do think the responses to it however, highlight the point I was originally trying to discover

Say he gets injured, as he may have done with Scotland, we are looking at those options anyway. Yes, no issues with Boyd and Naismith, as I said to Amac, I agree Naismith and Lafferty could be the future. In the SPL? No issue, would also throw Fleck and Little into the equation. Little is, of course, an international now ;)

As I said in the Champions League thread, same formation as preseason, and, no issues with Boyd in the side. I think he will be over marked, just as Man City did to him, which will create space for others. I mind Miller less when out wider, where he actually contributes more. The issue is with him as a lone striker. He hasnt got the ability, composure, first touch, or goalscoring instinct to perform well enough, imho

Well I "told it" to anyone who reads this thread and it seems a few people have mentioned how stupid it sounded so they obviosuly care. Fair enough if you don't care about looking like a twat though.

I think he doesn't care about you thinking he 'looks like' a twat.....

Cheers for the contribution pal (tu)

Manticore make a contribution

The wee fud wouldn't know how to, i have never seen hiim make a point that wasn't hilarious fishing........ :anguish:

As for the OP he has a personal grudge against Miller apparently, i wonder if he called him "number eighteen " to his face ....... :pipe:

Attention seeking post imo to which he has replied himself about 40 times, i would have Miller there or thereabouts the team every time if fit, safe to say he was not the flavour of the month when signed, but he has certainly done more than enough to win me and most bears over, football fans fickle? fuckin right we are.

Is replying to things not the whole point of a messageboard? :lol:

And, ok, why? That was the question, and, why did you not want him to sign in the first place?

(which was the whole point of the op)

Well I "told it" to anyone who reads this thread and it seems a few people have mentioned how stupid it sounded so they obviosuly care. Fair enough if you don't care about looking like a twat though.

I think he doesn't care about you thinking he 'looks like' a twat.....

Cheers for the contribution pal (tu)

Manticore make a contribution

The wee fud wouldn't know how to, i have never seen hiim make a point that wasn't hilarious fishing........ :anguish:

As for the OP he has a personal grudge against Miller apparently, i wonder if he called him "number eighteen " to his face ....... :pipe:

Thats twice you have replied in a thread you said wasnt worth a reply, and, each time just to make personal digs, not contribute, well done (tu):pipe:

About 50% of the replies to this thread are people disagreeing with the original post, and the remaining 50% is Outlaw arguing with these people.

Lets just say I'm glad Walter Smith is the manager of Rangers, not Outlaw69uk.

Anyway, thats me done for thsi thread (tu). I think this discussion would be more appropriate when/if Kenny stops playing so well, and when we have Novo and Lafferty back to full fitness.

I said barely worth a reply. I was just letting people know that apparently you know miller so well you hold a personal grudge against him so they could judge the thread on it’s merits.

i'll let you back to your attention whoring..... (tu)

haha, that would be the reason, spot on of course, except, 1 - no personal grudge, and, 2 - you stated for a fact I dont, so, you cant be right here ;)

Not the fact he isnt a very good striker, his career stats tend to back that up, given his best goals to games ratio was from, um? Stenhousemuir

And, again, the thing so few seemed to realise is, the point was,

Why the massive shift in attitude towards him? That a couple of people managed to reply to

Is replying to things not the whole point of a messageboard? :lol:

And, ok, why? That was the question, and, why did you not want him to sign in the first place?

(which was the whole point of the op)

Football fans fickle? fuckin right we are.

For Kenny Miller read Maurice Johnston, most bears would not hear a bad word against him, Mo Mo super Mo reverbarated round Ibrox plenty times, he is another i never had great issues about, he done a job for us, just as Kenny Miller is doing, if he was shite he would be getting stick, but he is not and deserves the support of every fan when wearing the jersey.

A winning team on the park is basically the be all and end all of a football team, i'm maybe a little less concerned than you of the personell

Kenny Miller is possibly the best pound for pound signing along with Steve Davis that Walter has made. Yes he has his flaws but his constant work rate gives defenders absolute nightmares!!! He forces errors and creates goals for others and has a marvellous work ethic. Every league game so far IMO he has played well and at home to Falkirk he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park!!!

Kenny Miller is possibly the best pound for pound signing along with Steve Davis that Walter has made. Yes he has his flaws but his constant work rate gives defenders absolute nightmares!!! He forces errors and creates goals for others and has a marvellous work ethic. Every league game so far IMO he has played well and at home to Falkirk he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park!!!

Are you drunk?

Are you drunk?

Who the fuck r u? Am I not allowed an opinion on a fans forum?

i really think miller has had such a hard task getting to where he is now, he had twice the attention than a normal transfer yet he has proved us (myself very much included) wrong and hope for more out of him this season now the blood thirsty mob has cooled off