***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

I've never listened to The Who but this is good :pipe:

Loving the red white and blue thing that the blue order nicked of them :craphead:

The who were the business, but as with every band, there comes a point to chuck it. But I still love them.

My Generation is THE tune. :praise:

TG, off the point, I read one person's comment on FB that DC's schools will have a two hour delay tomorrow, so does that mean schools open at 10 am? Did you hear that on the news??

HT is 12 mins left.

Going to the gas station to get my Coal.

FFS,you's still use coal over there? <cr>

So see the kicker, is that all he does? Comes on for the kicks?

Yes, the kicking trio: long snapper, ball holder and kicker- three different positions. Sometimes each team's QB may hold the ball but that is very rare.

Each team has a punter who should have strong leg to punt the ball that far and should have a good hang time to give his team time to run up the field and stop the punt returner.

Like what TG said earlier, players would play offense and defense in the past, but the game is so specialized that each player plays one position.

What one guy comes on to simply hold the ball for the guy to kick?

And that's all he does? <cr>

the holder is usually a backup player- like the second string quarterback.

I suppose it's not that bad then, but basically it's like being a substitution for a football team, where you only get on the pitch every week for a few minutes to run down time. If I was a professional American football player I'd want to be on that pitch as long as possible.

I've never listened to The Who but this is good :pipe:

Loving the red white and blue thing that the blue order nicked of them :craphead:

The who were the business, but as with every band, there comes a point to chuck it. But I still love them.

My Generation is THE tune. :praise:

We all get old sometime mate, but old timers can still perform. have been to see ACDC and Rush in the last couple of years, and both were unbelievable.

TG, off the point, I read one person's comment on FB that DC's schools will have a two hour delay tomorrow, so does that mean schools open at 10 am? Did you hear that on the news??

HT is 12 mins left.

Going to the gas station to get my Coal.

FFS,you's still use coal over there? <cr>

:rolleyes:

How many NFL teams are there, surely there is tons for a country as big as America?

32 teams.

Is there a second string league or something like that?

The way we have the first second and third divisions.

It seems strange that a country as big as the US only has 32 teams.