Shocking today.

McBoyd

Where was the team spirit we saw against Hearts? Where was the urge or desire to win? From anyone?

Only on a few chances did we look like scoring, and even then it was hardly.

Strikers had no goal presence. Miller, to me looks like he's now lost confidence. Boyd was attempting to link up, pass and win headers and set up goals, maybe to show he can 'do it' for a Champions league spot? But in doing that he totally lost any goal precense he has i feel and generally was just headering it to mickey mouse. (Lets leave the usual Boyd debate out)

Naismith and Novo came and did chase around and cause some movement, but again, i didn't feel like we were going to score..

I don't think the midfield were linking up too great with the strikers, Rothen throwing in some great passes and crosses, but apart from that we were just playing sideways and backwards, no fucker looked like he wanted to go and score, especially later on. Bougherra again, turned into a right winger, and doing what other should have been, but couldn't do it for the last 3rd of the attempt.

Whittaker, christ, how many times do i have to shout MARK THAT PLAYER or DON'T LOSE YOUR MAN. Seems to go forward and totally forget about going back.

Overall i felt we lacked anything at all today, i basically sat and watched Motherwell pass the ball around us for 75% of the game, and almost win it with a 'penalty' which, come on, wasn't one.

The only players that i'd consider for pass marks would be McGregor for what was an excellent save, and Rothen, for some decent play on his first game with this team. I look forward to seeing more of him.

We make some average teams look like Barcelona at times.

Pish game, and unless Dundee United get something, we're back to waiting for Celtic to drop points, at THIS stage of the season :anguish:

Did you not see Whittaker's challenge on Coke then that also saved us from defeat?

Aye of course i did. But that still doesn't mean he didn't do other shite things during the game does it?

Whittaker was far from being shite today. Certainly better than Mendes/McCulloch/Boyd and Miller.

YET AGAIN we play 60 minutes with a negative mindset and throw everything forward in the last 30 minutes.

Walter should be sending them out from the first whistle with the message Attack! Show Urgency! Get into them! Take the initiative!

I guess you cant teach an old Legend new tricks.

I am not justifying the result or the performance.

Rangers should beat all teams in the SPL. There is no excuses for below par performances.

But statements such as

Pish game, and unless Dundee United get something, we're back to waiting for Celtic to drop points, at THIS stage of the season
are pointless after just 4 games.

Walter will have recognised the problems with today's performance and will drill into the players what is expected of them.

I am not worried about playing Stuttgart because the performance will mean that Walter needs to make it clear what everyone's job is again. It will be fresh in their heads and they will up their performance in our next game...IMO.

We need to break at pace. We need Naismith and Novo out wide. Davis and Mendes in the middle. When tactics are not working we need to make changes sooner rather than later.

We need also a better more determined attitude and we win all 50-50 balls. We need to get going immediately and our fullbacks need to cover their wingers better.

Not hopeful now vs Stuttgart.

Walter needs to make it clear what everyone's job is again. It will be fresh in their heads and they will up their performance in our next game...IMO.

But why should we make the same mistake AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN:

starting the match, too flat, too slow, too defensive.

Why did it take 60 minutes to push forward and really go for it? Smith must take the blame for sending us out with the wrong mindset.

And what about McCulloch? we all know he is not good enough, but still Smith plays him? Will he really learn?

Did you not see Whittaker's challenge on Coke then that also saved us from defeat?

Aye of course i did. But that still doesn't mean he didn't do other shite things during the game does it?

Whittaker was far from being shite today. Certainly better than Mendes/McCulloch/Boyd and Miller.

to be honest in the first half whittaker was probably the most likely to get a break through

to be honest in the first half whittaker was probably the most likely to get a break through

Whittaker played well, defensively suspect as usual but we were commiting forward a lot in the first half it was going to happen, and whilst they created some chances, they never scored

Walter needs to make it clear what everyone's job is again. It will be fresh in their heads and they will up their performance in our next game...IMO.

But why should we make the same mistake AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN:

starting the match, too flat, too slow, too defensive.

Why did it take 60 minutes to push forward and really go for it? Smith must take the blame for sending us out with the wrong mindset.

And what about McCulloch? we all know he is not good enough, but still Smith plays him? Will he really learn?

I think this is something we have to put up with. We know Walter relies on his the defensive side of his squads. We cannot suggest he is wrong in doing this, over the past 3 seasons, it HAS worked.

Over the last 3 years I have been criticising McCulloch myself. I've hated the fact that he cannot play upfront, he cannot play on the wing and that Walter was trying to accomodate his "buddy" by playing him here, there and everywhere. However he has made a great start to the season and that is not up for debate.

He was most impressive, for me, against Hearts recently when he pretty much got us back into the game with his goal and work in midfield.

We need to go out full attack in every single game from the first whistle and try to get an early lead, to stamp our authority on it then take it from there, what I saw today was all too familiar from last season; slow start, no fight, no team spirit, everything from the Hearts game we had was lost, and the Hearts game proved we can do it, so why not today?. All I can say is well done to Mcgregor for saving one point for us, we should be beating teams like motherwell with ease, shocking display today from us. :anguish:

McGregor- 8, was solid today and made a vital save for a point at the penalty

Papac 7- solid at the back, offered himself as an attacking option

Whittaker 6- Was lively, but once again defensively suspect, he's not a RB

Bougherra 6- lost his head at penalty decision and should have scored header in first half, otherwise OK

Weir 5- some poor distribution from the back, looked a wee bit shaky

Rothen 6- one dangerous free kick for Bougherra header, otherwise poor corners and was dominated by RB. given benefit of doubt as it was his first game.

Davis 7- best midfielder, a couple of good crosses and movement. needs to play CM

Mendes 5- very poor by his standards

McCulloch 4- is not good enought to fill that CM position

Miller 4- effort never faulted, but is far too limited

Boyd 3- whenever the sun is out, it seems he struggles (like the scottish cup final in may) get a short sleeved shirt mate! melted in the heat and didn't seem to care

Too many passengers today. Bougherra will rightfully be criticised for making a silly tackle for the penalty and getting himself sent-off but one thing you can't fault him for is desire. Something that very few players showed.

Mendes and Davis were up to their usual hiding antics leaving Lee McCulloch to hopelessly patrol the midfield. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Lee or Thomson in there today, both would have been swamped.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything else is the midfield's inability to preassurise the opposition. We constantly see them standing 5 or 6 yards away and allowing passes to be played. An this is when the score is level. Motherwell played some good football today but the likes of Mendes, Davis and Rothen made them look far better than they were.

Substitutions should have been made earlier, infact Naismith should have been in from the start.

Only players who got pass marks from me today were Papac and Whittaker.

Too many passengers today. Bougherra will rightfully be criticised for making a silly tackle for the penalty and getting himself sent-off but one thing you can't fault him for is desire. Something that very few players showed.

Mendes and Davis were up to their usual hiding antics leaving Lee McCulloch to hopelessly patrol the midfield. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Lee or Thomson in there today, both would have been swamped.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything else is the midfield's inability to preassurise the opposition. We constantly see them standing 5 or 6 yards away and allowing passes to be played. An this is when the score is level. Motherwell played some good football today but the likes of Mendes, Davis and Rothen made them look far better than they were.

Substitutions should have been made earlier, infact Naismith should have been in from the start.

Only players who got pass marks from me today were Papac and Whittaker.

Pretty much sums it up.