Criticism way over the top

rfc_no1fan

Some of the criticism that Walter and the players have taken over the last few weeks is nothing short of embarrassing.

Time for a wake up call, Barcelona we aint.

Our team has quality, but it also has hard working team players who may not be the best footballers in the world, but make up for it with their drive, determination and winning mentality.

Last night we get one of our best results in Europe for many years and all some people want to do if criticize our players. We were playing a good team last night at their home ground. They were always going to have a lot of the ball and take the game to us early on. We should be celebrating, not nit picking.

No player in world football can be great for 90 minutes or every game they play.... No player can win every tackle, make every pass or score with every opportunity. So why do we expect Rangers players to do it?

Papac, McCulloch, Mendes and Miller do not deserve your criticism, they deserve your praise. If you get over your personal vendettas against certain individuals and begin to understand what they offer to the team, maybe you will realise they are decent enough players and more importantly Rangers players.

Get behind the Manager, get behind the team and stop moaning for the sake of it. We are never going to be the best team in the world, get used to it.

Some of the criticism that Walter and the players have taken over the last few weeks is nothing short of embarrassing.

Our team has quality, but it also has hard working team players who may not be the best footballers in the world, but make up for it with their drive, determination and winning mentality.

Last night we get one of our best results in Europe for many years and all some people want to do if criticize our players. We were playing a good team last night at their home ground. They were always going to have a lot of the ball and take the game to us early on. We should be celebrating, not nit picking.

No player in world football can be great for 90 minutes or every game they play.... No player can win every tackle, make every pass or score with every opportunity. So why do we expect Rangers players to do it?

Papac, McCulloch, Mendes and Miller do not deserve your criticism, they deserve your praise. If you get over your personal vendettas against certain individuals and begin to understand what they offer to the team, maybe you will realise they are decent enough players and more importantly Rangers players.

Get behind the Manager, get behind the team and stop moaning for the sake of it. We are never going to be the best team in the world, get used to it.

:clap:

a good 45 minutes does not hide over the cracks off and on the field.

i was over the moon about the result after that awful 1st half with a slight dissapointement that we never sneaked it at the end, so well done the lads last night.

But as life long ranger, all i want is the best for my club, and when i see mind numbing stupid decisions with the club, whether it with the club itself or the transfer, financial aspect or team selections, tactics, and substitutions i am going to voice my critiscm just like i will praise when i think rangers are doing something well.

critiscm does not have to destructive, but without criticsm lessons of past and recent failings will not be learned and just repeated.

Totally agree, they had a tough time in the first half against an up for it Stuttgart.

Definately some overly negative opinions tonight. you'd think we lost last night looking at this forum.

I don't have a problem with criticism on message boards etc, that is about opinions, but when someone pulls on that blue jersey then we should give them our full support for 90 minutes.

:lol: have you seen a "match thread" on here? Thats 90 mins of pure abuse!

There is only a problem it seems, when certain players are criticised, perhaps therein lies the problem. If there is a valid reason for it, such as performance, then, I dont see the problem, then again, performance is subjective to the point of being polarised in some cases (McCulloch is a great example, on Weds, did nothing wrong, yet slated for being shit and costing us a goal? That is bizarre)

I dont rate Miller, or Papac. I actually prefer Miller over Papac, but, I dont think anyone actually realises that. Miller seems to be carrying an injury, and, is underperforming, Papac refuses to pass to his left winger so often its not funny, especially if they are young. Mendes has a tendency to vanish, however, I think people think he is a creative attacking midfielder, when, he isnt so suffers from that.

For some bizare reason, DB seems to think I dont rate Mendes haha. Its very odd at times, however, if players are underperforming individually, yet the team wins or draws, all are exempt? If all the players had turned up for the whole game on Weds, we could have won, not drawn (tu)

I don't have a problem with criticism on message boards etc, that is about opinions, but when someone pulls on that blue jersey then we should give them our full support for 90 minutes.

:lol: have you seen a "match thread" on here? Thats 90 mins of pure abuse!

There is only a problem it seems, when certain players are criticised, perhaps therein lies the problem. If there is a valid reason for it, such as performance, then, I dont see the problem, then again, performance is subjective to the point of being polarised in some cases (McCulloch is a great example, on Weds, did nothing wrong, yet slated for being shit and costing us a goal? That is bizarre)

I dont rate Miller, or Papac. I actually prefer Miller over Papac, but, I dont think anyone actually realises that. Miller seems to be carrying an injury, and, is underperforming, Papac refuses to pass to his left winger so often its not funny, especially if they are young. Mendes has a tendency to vanish, however, I think people think he is a creative attacking midfielder, when, he isnt so suffers from that.

For some bizare reason, DB seems to think I dont rate Mendes haha. Its very odd at times, however, if players are underperforming individually, yet the team wins or draws, all are exempt? If all the players had turned up for the whole game on Weds, we could have won, not drawn (tu)

That my friend is obvious :lol:

As for Mendes i've never said you don't rate him, but you always seem to have a dig. ;)

There is nothing wrong with criticism for those who merit it.

But people slating Steven Whittaker (although I'm not his bigget fan) for his performance against Stuttgart when he done nothing wrong is way over the top.

I only criticise those who warrant being criticsed, not just slating player's for the fun of it.

Well said RFC (tu)

Posters coming out saying i'll give out criticism when i want, don't think RFC is saying that the players don't need a kick up the arse sometimes. But as already pointed out we got a great result in Europe, but to look at this board you would have thought we had just been humped.

Whittaker, Papac, McCulloch, Mendes, Walter Smith and lets not forget Kenny Miller all got it on Wednesday night. When lets be honest there performances weren't that bad to the extreme they were a man down for 90 minutes in Germany. That some would lead you on to believe <cr>

We are all guilty of going over the top, but lets be honest we ain't in a bad position at the moment :)

hmm takes note for future reference RFC No.1 Fan says don;t criticise players. I am sure that'll change in the weeks ot come RFC.

I'm a cynical bastard

The only time I will criticise a player is for lack of effort/motivation.

I know our players arent world beaters, but they certainly make up for it with effort/passion/desire.

Go out, give me 100% and leave it all on the field and I will be happy.

Every Rangers player deserves our full support when they are on the field, after all we all want the same thing. Rangers to be successful.

hmm takes note for future reference RFC No.1 Fan says don;t criticise players. I am sure that'll change in the weeks ot come RFC.

I'm a cynical bastard

The only time I will criticise a player is for lack of effort/motivation.

I know our players arent world beaters, but they certainly make up for it with effort/passion/desire.

Go out, give me 100% and leave it all on the field and I will be happy.

Every Rangers player deserves our full support when they are on the field, after all we all want the same thing. Rangers to be successful.

I'd happily go out and play for Rangers, give 100% - but I'd be shite, you'd give me dogs abuse.

Are you not usually one of the first in the queue to criticise a guy who has scored over 100 goals with our club?