Who would you want as Vice-Captain?

Jamie1807

There are not many choices. Bar Kevin Thomson, I can't think of anyone, and, tbh, he's not yet vice or captain material.

Steven Davis, Kenny Miller, Pedro Mendes and Allan McGregor are a no for me, Mendes especially.

There are not many choices. Bar Kevin Thomson, I can't think of anyone, and, tbh, he's not yet vice or captain material.

Steven Davis, Kenny Miller, Pedro Mendes and Allan McGregor are a no for me, Mendes especially.

McGregor is probably one of the best contenders as he isn't afraid to tell anyone what to do and would encourage the team more, but personally I'd like to see Thomson get the armband when Davie Weir retires (tu)

McGregor is probably one of the best contenders as he isn't afraid to tell anyone what to do and would encourage the team more, but personally I'd like to see Thomson get the armband when Davie Weir retires (tu)

Don't particularly like keepers being captains, and, McGregor is too quiet at times. I just don't see him as captain material.

Out of our current squad, then it would probably have to be Madjid Bougherra - no-one else really comes close.

Don't particularly like keepers being captains, and, McGregor is too quiet at times. I just don't see him as captain material.

Out of our current squad, then it would probably have to be Madjid Bougherra - no-one else really comes close.

Bougherra would make a great captain also but I see your point about keeper's being captains but out of the current squad isn't McGregor one of the longest serving players for Rangers?

Doesn't matter how long you've been in the squad for, it's your attributes as captain, Weir is the classic example, he wasn't here long, made vice captain and when Fergie wasn't playing was made the captain.

I think it should go to Thommo, I think when he's match fit it will actually improve his play as he will have to lead by example and not be so rash.

McCulloch wouldn't be too bad a shout as skipper.

But when Edu comes back, can't see him getting much of a game.

Maybe reserves captain.

McCulloch should be no-where near the starting 11, if Weir or Bougherra are suspended/injured I would rather see the youngster Wilson get a game, also can't wait til Edu is back :gerbad:

its quite scary when you think about the lack of leaders we have in the team

IMO thomson is gonna be a future captain for Rangers, and some may say its too early for him, but remember he was skipper at hibs, and he would grow into the role like ferguson did.

its quite scary when you think about the lack of leaders we have in the team

IMO thomson is gonna be a future captain for Rangers, and some may say its too early for him, but remember he was skipper at hibs, and he would grow into the role like ferguson did.

broadfoot haha