Alastair Johnston

Linfield

I think that the new owners are nearly in place and Mr Johnston is there to help them settle and possably he was put there at their request?

Anyway i believe that he is here for the long term as chairman and will turn our club around and put the supporters back in the heart of things!

Totally agree with your 2nd point, but can't agree with your 1st. He's denied that there is a bid for the club, or any approach. That would make it hard for anyone to be almost in place!

What does "expand the current business model " mean.

He's basically talking about our current status where we mainly operate within the confines of the SPL which has limited financial rewards to say the least and he is speculating about ways in which we can expand into other lucrative revenue opportunities which may arise out of changes to the footballing structures in the years ahead.

We all know how massive a club Rangers are but unfortunately we are stifled and restricted from fulfilling our financial potential due to the small league set up we exist in. If and when like Alistair suggests this current footballing structure changes then Rangers should be in a much better position to appropriately expand.

I was very impressed with how he conducted that press conference. Given the nature of the conference and it being his first address he naturally was very careful initially with what he said hence the 'um's' etc but after 5 minutes or so he went on to articulately demonstrate his knowledge and passion for the club.

He will be a very good chairman for us IMO. Well done Alistair.

I agree, I was also very impressed.

What does "expand the current business model " mean.

He's basically talking about our current status where we mainly operate within the confines of the SPL which has limited financial rewards to say the least and he is speculating about ways in which we can expand into other lucrative revenue opportunities which may arise out of changes to the footballing structures in the years ahead.

We all know how massive a club Rangers are but unfortunately we are stifled and restricted from fulfilling our financial potential due to the small league set up we exist in. If and when like Alistair suggests this current footballing structure changes then Rangers should be in a much better position to appropriately expand.

Thanks, I thought it was something like that.

I was really encouraged when he talked about expanding the current business model. We used to be miles ahead of Celtic in a commercial sense which generated more finance for us. It appears that rather than moaning about the confines of Scottish football like Murray and Bain he might actually get of his arse and try and generate more money through various schemes.

Well done Mr Chairman (tu)

To be fair, he's a businessman, not a spokesman/mediaman.

He sounds intelligent enough, just not very comfortable speaking to the media. However if we wanted somebody who was good to listen to we'd of brought in an ex presenter or something, not a well respected businessman. I'm more concerned about his ability to run the club, than his ability to speak to the media, that's what he'll be judged rather than stumbling about the odd interview.

Spot-on Badger