Paul Reid

Muff

Anyone remember him?

Was an England U-19 and Carlisle captain when we signed him in 2000. He was the next big thing but was never given a chance at Ibrox. Since moving from Ibrox he has played for Preston, Northampton and is now the captain of Barnsley. Still only 24. He has been absolutely outstanding the last two seasons. Big, strong centre half who loves to get stuck in and isn't scared to put a head in. Now being linked with a summer move to the Premiership with, Boro, Portsmouth and Reading interested.

Anyone remember him?

Was an England U-19 and Carlisle captain when we signed him in 2000. He was the next big thing but was never given a chance at Ibrox.

How many players have we signed that have come in with that tag now?

Arteta, Nieto, Namouchi, Fetai, Stanger, Ponroy, Ashikodi and thats just ones off the top of my head!

Anyone remember him?

Was an England U-19 and Carlisle captain when we signed him in 2000. He was the next big thing but was never given a chance at Ibrox.

Arteta, Nieto, Namouchi, Fetai, Stanger, Ponroy, Ashikodi and thats just ones off the top of my head!

We have had loads of players titled that. Some never made it but some have gone on to become good players. Youth has to be given more of a chance!

Anyone remember him?

Arteta is a very good player and likely to be player of the season at Everton this year.

Anyone remember him?

Was an England U-19 and Carlisle captain when we signed him in 2000. He was the next big thing but was never given a chance at Ibrox. Since moving from Ibrox he has played for Preston, Northampton and is now the captain of Barnsley. Still only 24. He has been absolutely outstanding the last two seasons. Big, strong centre half who loves to get stuck in and isn't scared to put a head in. Now being linked with a summer move to the Premiership with, Boro, Portsmouth and Reading interested.

Thanks again dick!

Anyone remember him?

I had high hopes for him with us.

Watched him at Carlisle several times and was always highly rated.

Another good player slipped away. :(

Anyone remember him?

I had high hopes for him with us.

Watched him at Carlisle several times and was always highly rated.

Another good player slipped away. :(

He's 24, playing in the Championship for Barnsley and is attracting interest from the likes of Boro, Portsmouth and Reading. Hardly Rino Gattuso is he? What was your opinion of Khiz BTW?

Alot of players like Reid only become better as a result of playing and gaining expeience at lower levels. Don't just turn into good players overnite.

Arteta moved to a better league and to play at a higher level, he was always using ibrox as a stepping stone IMO

I always liked Khizanisvilli. Yet another player who was judged to not be good enough while he was still learning and being played out of position more regularly than than he was being played at cenre back.

Yes he was a decent player as he has shown in the BPL.

You can only judge a player on what he produces HERE. It may be and indeed has been the case that some players could not cut it here but learned a lot and eventually made the grade LATER. Does that mean we were wrong to move them on? No. Were we right to do so or should they have been given more time or a better chance? Thats debateable.

Its a judgement call and the only evidence was their form at Ibrox. Many failed to pass the test here and made it LATER on. Thats life. No-one is necessarily wrong.

I saw Paul Reid being interviewed on Sky Sp news when Barnsley done Stoke 1-0 last night, I thought it was the same Paul Reid.

Yeah he's getting more rave reviews again, wasn't ever going to get in front of Amo or Moore though.