And What's Your Point Caller?

Got to say you deserved everything you got for your comments on Boyd but it did make great radio when you got ripped so if you hadn't have taken your stance the program would not have been so good - but you set yourself up as the patsy! nae luck!

Oh and on the Boyd McCoist thing - I posted this in the Boyd thread

McCoist / Boyd Comparision on goals

McCoist was here 8 years - Boyds first 3 year goal scoring record is better than McCoists first 3 years

McCoists record before Smith came (including games as sub)

1983–84 47 games 20 goals

1984–85 38 games 18 goals

1985–86 40 games 27 goals

Ist season - 20 goals in 17 starts for Rangers in the second half of that season, ending it with a total of 37 goals for Rangers and Kilmarnock

07 44 app 26 goals

07 - 08 41 app 25 goals

08 - 09 46 app 31 goals

McCoists first 3 years 65 goals - Boyd firts 3 full years 82!

Some interesting stats there never knew thats how many boyd had in his first 3 seasons (tu)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say he's not my type of player and I don't think he'd be a great loss if he decided to leave. I think wer're more than capable of winning the league without him.

WWWWRRRRRRRRRRROOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just say he's not my type of player and I don't think he'd be a great loss if he decided to leave. I think wer're more than capable of winning the league without him.

WWWWRRRRRRRRRRROOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you may be right, then again, you may be wrong. We'll only find out which one of us is proved correct if Boyd decides to leave.

Very, very difficult to argue with his goal scoring record but I feel he could offer the team a lot more and doesn't. Obviously that's not a view shared by the majority. (tu)

It's a view shared by the majority with any sense though. ;)

Was well impressed with your remark about Davis being the best midfielder in Scotland! As you said the Boyd situation splits the fans 50-50 though.

:cheers:

I genuinely felt that was the case. I was slightly taken aback in the studio when Ewan said that not one email supported that claim.

My two sons are also Season Ticket Holders and love Boydy, suffice to say we fall out all the time over it. :lol:

Very, very difficult to argue with his goal scoring record but I feel he could offer the team a lot more and doesn't. Obviously that's not a view shared by the majority. (tu)

It's a view shared by the majority with any sense though. ;)

:lol:

Could have been doing with your support last night when I was under siege. :lol:

how can you have the neck to come on here ffs.

only joking,must have been nerve racking tbh.you did ok ,but look forward to the backlash mate .

not everyone could have done that.did you get her number.???

:lol: :lol:

I take that much stick on here from time to time I'm almost getting used to it. Seriously, it can be quite nerve racking but I think I made a bit of a cunt of it by saying what I said about Boydy even though it's what I believe.

If you were the guy on real radio u should hang your head in shame,cant believe the stick you gave one of our own players,boydie does the hardest job in the game an we should be going out our way to keep him

Well said !

If you were the guy on real radio u should hang your head in shame,cant believe the stick you gave one of our own players,boydie does the hardest job in the game an we should be going out our way to keep him

What, hang my head in shame because I said what I believe to be the truth, is that what you're saying? I was asked what I thought about Kris Boyd being offered a new contract and said I didn't rate him and don't think he's Rangers class.

We lost a far better striker in Cousin in my opinion but his attitude was shocking and for that reason he had to go. I've already said it's very difficult to argue against Boydies goal scoring record but his all round game falls well short of what I'd expect of a Rangers striker.

Perhaps Walter Smith shares that opinion and that's why Boyd doesn't always make the starting eleven. (tu)

Got to say you deserved everything you got for your comments on Boyd but it did make great radio when you got ripped so if you hadn't have taken your stance the program would not have been so good - but you set yourself up as the patsy! nae luck!

McCoist was here 8 years - Boyds first 3 year goal scoring record is better than McCoists first 3 years

Ist season - 20 goals in 17 starts for Rangers in the second half of that season, ending it with a total of 37 goals for Rangers and Kilmarnock

07 44 app 26 goals

07 - 08 41 app 25 goals

08 - 09 46 app 31 goals

8 years? 15 more like :unsure::lol:

It's a very odd one, that Boyd scored more than Coisty in his first 3 years.

Give Boyd the service the strikers got back in Coistys day and the Boyd debate wouldn't be happening, imo.

We have enough with the manks attacking us now we have a so called fan paying to abuse one of our own on radio.

I know what I would have done if I was on the radio.

I'd turn up with a massive list of facts a stats of what the scum have got away with and only said about Rangers stressing me out with the league win last season.

Never ever slate a player if he's Rangers threw and threw.

On Cousins he wasn't a Rangers player as he just wanted so use us as a stepping stone so putting his name against Boyd is just demented.

On the 50/50 with Boyd with Rangers I feel that's bull as I know six season tickit holders and all like Boyd plus we can add your two sons who seem to see Boyd for what he is a great Ranger.

I didnt agree with blouie on boyd or as he will tell you many things he says on here. However i think he handled himself well. For every boyd hater theres a lover. His davis comment is 110% spot on. Brown worth 12 well in davo we have double that! Assists, tackels won, pass completion and distance covered would be far more for davis.

At least blouie showed something alot of bears fans dont and thats sticking up for what you believe in WATP

Excellent contribution to the debate.

if your heard the Passion/anger in his voice against anything Boyd you see this was a great reply.

07 44 app 26 goals

07 - 08 41 app 25 goals

08 - 09 46 app 31 goals

8 years? 15 more like :unsure::lol:

It's a very odd one, that Boyd scored more than Coisty in his first 3 years.

Give Boyd the service the strikers got back in Coistys day and the Boyd debate wouldn't be happening, imo.

Aye - your right - I put 8 because the poster I was replying to put McCoists first 8 years (pre smith) statistics up in the original thread (Me head was in same gear as me arse on that point!!)

However I do remember, especially in his first few years many fans were undecided about McCoist because of his work ethic, overall contribution to the team etc. etc. - same as Boyd and to such an extent that his nickname was 'The Judge' under Souness's reign and IF RM had been about then this debate would be about Ally and not Boyd. (and Souness tried to punt him). I even remember McCoist being booed!

We have enough with the manks attacking us now we have a so called fan paying to abuse one of our own on radio.

I know what I would have done if I was on the radio.

I'd turn up with a massive list of facts a stats of what the scum have got away with and only said about Rangers stressing me out with the league win last season.

Never ever slate a player if he's Rangers threw and threw.

On Cousins he wasn't a Rangers player as he just wanted so use us as a stepping stone so putting his name against Boyd is just demented.

On the 50/50 with Boyd with Rangers I feel that's bull as I know six season tickit holders and all like Boyd plus we can add your two sons who seem to see Boyd for what he is a great Ranger.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I should put your name forward next time then - you sound a fairly level headed individual that wouldn't let yourself or Rangers down. :lol:

It's one thing sitting here stating your opinions on a football forum where everyone's faceless but quite another having a mike thrust in front of you knowing that people are just waiting on one slip in order to bury you. You don't have a "Preview Post" button and once you've said it your arse is your own.

You sound like one of these "I'd have said this and I'd have said that" type of guys but when push comes to shove I think your arse would go. :lol::lol: