largest club in the world in terms of fanbase

kyle

apparently its Benfica but they use figures from the number of registered supporters i believe. supporters clubs maybe?

man utd and real madrid have worldwide fan bases but you have to wonder what determines who is a fan and who isnt? is the african boy who wears a fake man u shirt a man u fan?

Doesnt surporise me about germany as it is a massive country and they really do love thier football

germany is very impressive in terms of football.

plus they have beer in the ground aswell as the tickets being cheap. we should possibly follow suit?

Doesnt surporise me about germany as it is a massive country and they really do love thier football

plus they have beer in the ground aswell as the tickets being cheap. we should possibly follow suit?

I doubt it, people live for there football in Germany. Almost evertone supports thier local team, they have a massive advantage though. About 80 million people

I doubt it, people live for there football in Germany. Almost evertone supports thier local team, they have a massive advantage though. About 80 million people

ye thats a bit of a deciding factor having 16x the population of scotland. impressive stadia aswell

thats right, mate.

We have german beer in the ground (tu) we can smoke und we have standing areas with cheap tickets.

In April I visited the Rangers v Motherwell. No beer, no smoke only seater. Oh my God

Thank you Mr Taylor and your ****Taylor Report

See you on 20th October v Unirea. :21:

Best Regards from Germany

Michael

ye thats a bit of a deciding factor having 16x the population of scotland. impressive stadia aswell

That isn´t the only reason.

Fact is: The Taylor Report dispose of the culture of football in the UK. Grounds needs standing areas. Football is a Game for people of all ranks also young people and people with less money. The disposition (correct??) in the british grounds is more and more worse. Many Grounds in the UK have an audience of opera (Arsenal). In Germany we behold the situation in the UK with worry. Investors, TV and the Taylor Report destroyed the Game. :angry:

In Germany for investors it´s forbidden to buy a team. I hope forever and ever.

Ok, the grounds in germany are impressive but Ibrox is impressive too.

Sorry for my bad english.

Michael

based on my superior footballing knowledge the top 10 clubs with the largest support, not based on attendances are:

1.Man utd (Fact)

2.Real Madrid

3.Barcelona

4.Juventus (heres one for you, 67% of all itallian football fans support 'the old lady')

5.Boca Juniors

6.River Plate

7.Rangers

8.Celtic

9.AC Milan

10.Liverpool

I used to think a lot about this kind of thing, travelling support, average gates and the like. Then consider the people abroad who were real supporters, those that actually travelled occasionally or made the effort to get their team's games shown (TV, internet, video stream etc.) But honestly, now i couldn't give a toss. Some team in Beijing will have a kazillion supporters (only a few million less than celtic) just because of the population of the place. It doesn't matter a tinkers' cuss - cos no matter how many there are, anywhere else, WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!

There can't be a team anywhere who have taken the number of fans that we did to Manchester it truly was an awesome sight to see so many bluenoses ,

it's just a shame all you heard about was the small bit of trouble afterwards .

There can't be a team anywhere who have taken the number of fans that we did to Manchester it truly was an awesome sight to see so many bluenoses ,

it's just a shame all you heard about was the small bit of trouble afterwards .

They did hell of lot less dmge to Mnchester thn they would hve done to Scotlnd hd they ll styed. Shme Mnchester city center is lot smller thn Scotlnd :craphead:

based on my superior footballing knowledge the top 10 clubs with the largest support, not based on attendances are:

1.Man utd (Fact)

2.Real Madrid

3.Barcelona

4.Juventus (heres one for you, 67% of all itallian football fans support 'the old lady')

5.Boca Juniors

6.River Plate

7.Rangers

8.Celtic

9.AC Milan

10.Liverpool

Have you got a source for this mate? And how was it worked out?

lol, nah mate, just pure prediction. The juve 67% thing was given via football itallia tho

IMO Manchester United have the biggest fan base in the world, Followed by he likes of Madrid & Barca

I remember reading somewhere that Flamengo have the largest fan base but it's not reflected in their average attendances.