442s Worlds Top 100 players

Scott-RFC

Guest SandyWaTp
Ronaldo has more to his game than Messi IMO

Ronaldo is really an incredible player, i don't really like the guy but i've managed to see past the hatred and admired his raw talent. He gives you more than Messi. Messi is probably better to watch on his game but Ronaldo delivers more on a regular basis, thats why i'd have him above Messi at the moment

Messi is still a young guy and i'm sure he will only improve, same with Ronaldo maybe?

Do you regularly watch Barca league games? Messi often carries them. Entirely. He has as complete a game as any winger I've ever come across. And so young.

C'mon Gaz , ive got to agree with Jamie. How can you say Messi doesn't deliver as regularly. Last year he scored 38 goals and got countless assists.

It's a tough one, the pendulum swings in my head alot.

Ronaldo for Man Utd in 2 seasons scored 68 goals which to me is incredible considering he's more of a Winger than CF. He chips in with his fair amount of assists aswell and he is arguably the most skillful player on the planet

Messi has a great goalscoring record and is freakishly quick he has a better eye for a pass than Ronaldo and is better at executing a pass than Ronaldo.

So i don't know, one week it can be Ronaldo next Messi, they're both incredible footballers

Fair Enough (tu)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up this issue today so I could look at this list and a few of the positions caught me off gaurd.

Misimovic should be far higher up that list than 89.

Absolutely key to both Wolfsburgs Bundesliga win and Bosnia's challenge for a World Cup place (forgetting that little brainfart where he retired for four days) in the past year and a massive influence in helping Dzeko settle at the Volkswagesn Arena.

Guys like Pirlo (53) Ballack (49) Sneijder (48) Modric (61) and Diego (24) were not better than him over the past year.

Dzeko and Grafite also deserve to have higher positions than they do. The most successful strike partnership in the history of the Bundesliga and they have Premiership players who flattered to decive i.e Tevez (68) Berbatov (44) and Robinho (57) Adebayor (38) above them. Madness.

Luis Fabiano at 63 and Van Persie at 65 is also very very debatable, with three of the four aforementioned above them.

Honourable mentions to Palacios and Melo, both of who should be higher than they are too.

I picked up this issue today so I could look at this list and a few of the positions caught me off gaurd.

Misimovic should be far higher up that list than 89.

Absolutely key to both Wolfsburgs Bundesliga win and Bosnia's challenge for a World Cup place (forgetting that little brainfart where he retired for four days) in the past year and a massive influence in helping Dzeko settle at the Volkswagesn Arena.

Guys like Pirlo (53) Ballack (49) Sneijder (48) Modric (61) and Diego (24) were not better than him over the past year.

Dzeko and Grafite also deserve to have higher positions than they do. The most successful strike partnership in the history of the Bundesliga and they have Premiership players who flattered to decive i.e Tevez (68) Berbatov (44) and Robinho (57) Adebayor (38) above them. Madness.

Luis Fabiano at 63 and Van Persie at 65 is also very very debatable, with three of the four aforementioned above them.

Honourable mentions to Palacios and Melo, both of who should be higher than they are too.

Completely agree.

It depends what you regard as a "top" player. If you mean a guy that can run around a pitch doing step-overs for 90 mins then the list is almost right. however, i regard a top player as a leader. Someone who can give you that feeling, aye we can do this here. if your one nil down with five minutes to go do you think ronaldo and co. are capable of going to the team and telling them we can do this and give them that wee bit extra energy? Top players are the sort who can get you that goal out of nothing, the sort who just keep driving and are not afraid to tell his team mates they need to sort themselves out. A top player is a guy who can take an average team and make them great. For me there is no greater player in that department than Gerrard. Liverpool are nothing without him, without his passion, without his drive and without his creativity they would have never been champions of europe 4 years ago.

Tevez (68) Berbatov (44) and Robinho (57) Adebayor (38) above them. Madness.

All of these players prove that these articles are always EPL Biased.

Tevez was awful all year, then had a good finish, Berbatov was consistently average, Robinho turned up for about 3 games and Adebayor shouldn't be in the top 50.

100. Ronaldo

99. Santon

98. (Javier) Zanetti

97. Gomez

96. Akinfeev

95. Giggs

94. Chygrynskiy

93. Palacios

92. Van Nistelrooy

91. Gonzalez

90. Eduardo

89. Misimovic

88. Cazorla

87. Navas

86. Raul

85. Van der Sar

84. Gallas

83. Ronaldinho

82. Del Piero

81. Chamakh

80. Mutu

79. Bosingwa

78. Gignac

77. Gilardino

76. Cech

75. Huntelaar

74. Dzeko

73. Pepe

72. Zhirkov

71. Clichy

70. Milito

69. Grafite

68. Tevez

67. Cassano

66. Srna

65. Van Persie

64. Motta

63. Fabiano

62. Melo

61. Modric

60. Chiellini

59. Lahm

58. Reina

57. Robinho

56. Tymoschuk

55. Cambiasso

54. Totti

53. Pirlo

52. Senna

51. Pique

50. Higuain

49. Ballack

48. Sneijder

47. Carvalho

46. Ramos

45. Silva

44. Berbatov

43. Kanoute

42. Anelka

41. Diarra

40. Robben

39. (Yaya) Toure

38. Adebayor

37. Gourcuff

36. Alonso

35. Buffon

34. Terry

33. Evra

32. Pato

31. Aguero

30. De Rossi

29. Benzema

28. Cole

27. Mascherano

26. Henry

25. Alves

24. Diego

23. Cesar

22. Vidic

21. Forlan

20. Fabregas

19. Ribery

18. Essien

17. Maicon

16. Casillas

15. Arshavin

14. Drogba

13. Ibrahimovic

12. Ferdinand

11. Lampard

10. Rooney

9. Eto'o

8. Kaka

7. Gerrard

6. Torres

5. Villa

3= Iniesta

3= Xavi

2. Ronaldo

1. Messi

Though good, the only reason guys like Chamakh, Akinfeev and Santon have made it in there is because of the interest shown in them so far. I mean... Santon ahead of fullbacks like Filipe or Rafinha? He'll, you'd even get bloody Marcel Shaffer or Jeremy Mathieu (who had a fantastic season with Toulouse) in there before him!

What's Eduardo or Sergio Ramos or Ronaldinho done in the last season? Srna should be higher too in my opinion, a fantastic leader and an all round quality player everytime I watch him.

But I suppose an opinion is an opinion...

Though good, the only reason guys like Chamakh, Akinfeev and Santon have made it in there is because of the interest shown in them so far. I mean... Santon ahead of fullbacks like Filipe or Rafinha? He'll, you'd even get bloody Marcel Shaffer or Jeremy Mathieu (who had a fantastic season with Toulouse) in there before him!

What's Eduardo or Sergio Ramos or Ronaldinho done in the last season? Srna should be higher too in my opinion, a fantastic leader and an all round quality player everytime I watch him.

But I suppose an opinion is an opinion...

Agreed on Srna, he's 'wasted' at Donetsk.

I've never watched him and thought: "Yeah, that was a so-so performance."

Technically, athletically, mentally, he's absolutely superb and an awesome leader.

Anyway, this poll further enhances my thoughts that 442 is a magazine aimed at the masses, while World Soccer is aimed at the more thoughtful fan. I'd take a job on either mind, if you're reading this Mr Editor(s) :)