When we had taken over the Arsenal home end

minstral

Found this little quote about when we had taken over the Arsenal home end which no other fans had ever done. :)

· EXTRACTS FROM LOST YOUR BOTTLE – THE BLAME GAME

Football broadcaster, author and Arsenal fan Tom Watt in his book entitled, The End (80 Years of Life on the Terraces) recalls this fixture as a seminal moment for Arsenal fans. He writes “the ‘taking’ of the home end by Glasgow Rangers fans in 1967 established a precedent that the teenagers on the North Bank decided was not acceptable. In their eyes, protecting the terrace became as much a part of the lads’ duty to the club as cheering on the team.”

I remember hearing the story of when we went to Villa Park for a friendly. The home fans held up a banner saying "You'll never take the Holt End" and less than ten minutes later the stand was full of Bears chanting "We just took your Holt End na na na na". :lol:

I love these kind of tales.

that the game that was abandoned after 12 mins or so with rangers 2 down?

That was the game that was abandoned after 51 minutes when we were 2 down. We had taken over the Holte end and waving the Union flag and belting out the Billy Boys, the started waving the tricolour and all hell broke loose. Ther were bottles flying everywhere and with the gates locked the Villa fans were climbing over the walls to get out.

My mate got arrested at Newcastle for biting the Police alsation :praise:

That was another crazy game. :lol:

It was mental Minst, probably the craziest I've ever been to. Right away in the boozers they said we are not givin you tumblers in case you glass someboady you can drink out the boattles, fcuk me those Newcastle broon ale boattles weighed aboot 10 pun. Need I say more ! :sherlock:

It was mental Minst, probably the craziest I've ever been to. Right away in the boozers they said we are not givin you tumblers in case you glass someboady you can drink out the boattles, fcuk me those Newcastle broon ale boattles weighed aboot 10 pun. Need I say more ! :sherlock:

Blue we had a crazy support in those days who would stand for no shit. :lol:

Blue we had a crazy support in those days who would stand for no shit. :lol:

Awe Mate it wis something else, and as you say no shit from no cunt. ! :sherlock:

Not an old tale but it was a crazy day / night in Rotterdam when we got beat 3-2 over there....the journey to the stadium and the fighting outside and then inside the stadium too...

Good day out in Bradford a few years back too.