Walter promises Andrew Little another chance when fit

Boab

He'll get a token 5minutes then (tu)

Bit unfair, if he hadn't picked up that injury so early in the match, he would have probably played the whole of the Old Firm game.

The way he started if he didn't pull up he would have been hooked by HT, but that ain't his fault after been flung in at RB.

Andrew Little is like a lot of our reserves he'll get on for a token 5-10 minutes from the bench, can't see him ever outing anybody in our 1st team or becoming a permanent fixture if everybody is fit.

He was playing with a torn hamstring from the kick-off, which explains 'the way he started'.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit unfair, if he hadn't picked up that injury so early in the match, he would have probably played the whole of the Old Firm game.

The way he started if he didn't pull up he would have been hooked by HT, but that ain't his fault after been flung in at RB.

Andrew Little is like a lot of our reserves he'll get on for a token 5-10 minutes from the bench, can't see him ever outing anybody in our 1st team or becoming a permanent fixture if everybody is fit.

He was playing with a torn hamstring from the kick-off, which explains 'the way he was playing'.

He wasn't playing with a torn hamstring from the kick off, he pulled up 5 minutes into the game. That's how he ended upfront for a while til me made a sub.

He was playing with a torn hamstring from the kick-off, which explains 'the way he was playing'.

He wasn't playing with a torn hamstring from the kick off, he pulled up 5 minutes into the game. That's how he ended upfront for a while til me made a sub.

No. He pulled his hammy right from the kick off. Celtic immediately played a diagonal ball over to Zhi and Little sprinted over to head it out. After he did so he grabbed his hammy and couldn't run properly from then on. That was literally about 5 seconds into the match and he played at right back for some time after that before being moved up front.

No. He pulled his hammy right from the kick off. Celtic immediately played a diagonal ball over to Zhi and Little sprinted over to head it out. After he did so he grabbed his hammy and couldn't run properly from then on. That was literally about 5 seconds into the match and he played at right back for some time after that before being moved up front.

He pulled up just before we scored the 1st goal, cause after the goal Walter put him up front to get him out the road and Miller went LM and Smith went back to LB and Whittaker went RB. Until we could get Novo ready to come on which seemed like a eternity in Ibrox to come on.

He pulled it less than 2 minutes into the game. I saw the quote somewhere but can't find it now. :anguish:

He pulled up just before we scored the 1st goal, cause after the goal Walter put him up front to get him out the road and Miller went LM and Smith went back to LB and Whittaker went RB. Until we could get Novo ready to come on which seemed like a eternity in Ibrox to come on.

That may have been how it seemed to you but it's not how it happened. The man himself said in interviews it was right from the kick-off and I was at Ibrox and v close to him when it happened - I saw him look concerned and grab the back of his leg. It took a while for the news to get to the bench and for them to get a chance to shuffle the players around.

Does anyone else think that Fleck, little and the rest of them should be given a crack at the diddy cup? I would have thought with Ally being in charge of the teams for that tournament that he they would have been given a run out then, instead we fielded a full strength team at a time when we should have been resting our senior stars for Europe, don’t get me wrong I have nothing but respect for Walter but sometimes his logic baffles me.

Even playing 2 of our youth players in the match would have gave them invaluable first team experience.

If we hadn't given Hutton a chance then who knows if he would have became the player he is today (in my opinion one of the top 5 RB’s in Europe), This proves to Walter that our youth academy can yield stars,,,,,,, if given half a chance!!!!

“ I’ll play for Rangers as long as I can, then spend the rest of my life depressed ” – Ally Mcoist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(H)

That may have been how it seemed to you but it's not how it happened. The man himself said in interviews it was right from the kick-off and I was at Ibrox and v close to him when it happened - I saw him look concerned and grab the back of his leg. It took a while for the news to get to the bench and for them to get a chance to shuffle the players around.

Mate i was at game myself from a v good seat, i seen him struggling first hand from the stands and was glad when he come off.

We'll just need to agree to disagree on this one :cheers:

He only got a chance because we literally had no-one else.

Walter's great failing is with the young lads, even his staunchest backer would admit it, and giving Little a chance because we were down to the bare bones proves nothing to me.

Walter's great failing is with the young lads, even his staunchest backer would admit it, and giving Little a chance because we were down to the bare bones proves nothing to me.

Generalcartmanlee wouldn't.

He actually did yesterday, to my amazement.

He actually did yesterday, to my amazement.

Really? :ohmy::huh:

(Editing my post) Can't see from his posts from yesterday.

Mate i was at game myself from a v good seat, i seen him struggling first hand from the stands and was glad when he come off.

I'm not disagreeing with you that he was struggling but the reason was because he was playing with a pulled hamstring. He's usually very quick but he had no pace at all and there was clearly something wrong. It must be very frustrating for him that people think he wasn't good enough and ignoring the circumstances.

I'm not sure about that. Another way to think about it is that Little played RB because Smith didn't want to a) play Rothen, or b) have Stevie Smith at LB. Or both.

I agree with that - WS must have thought Little would add something, possibly going forward. He could have started with the team he had when Little had to go off. I don't know why Smith didn't give him more match time as a sub in the less crucial games before the OF though!

I'm not disagreeing with you that he was struggling but the reason was because he was playing with a pulled hamstring. He's usually very quick but he had no pace at all and there was clearly something wrong. It must be very frustrating for him that people think he wasn't good enough and ignoring the circumstances.

Both us acknowledge he was injured. It's when he was injured we don't seem to agree with.

We've all seen him play for us and NI in the past to put this unlucky Oldfirm debut behind him, and going with Walter statement he should get more minutes on the park to make a name for himself.

Both us acknowledge he was injured. It's when he was injured we don't seem to agree with.

We've all seen him play for us and NI in the past to put this unlucky Oldfirm debut behind him, and going with Walter statement he should get more minutes on the park to make a name for himself.

I don't want to seem arrogant about it but it's pretty clear he was injured in the first few seconds. See here, for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8293894.stm

The only reason (it seems, at least, correct me if I'm wrong) that you think the injury happened later is because that's when the team was eventually shuffled round. It wouldn't matter except it means you're judging his performance unfairly.