Walter promises Andrew Little another chance when fit

Boab

by Alison McConnell

WALTER SMITH has promised crocked Ibrox youngster Andrew Little he will get another chance to impress this season.

The Northern Ireland international started the first Old Firm game of the season, but had to go off in the early stages due to injury.

He is facing six weeks on the sidelines and will not think about going out on loan as he bids to make a name for himself at Rangers.

"I've been in the first-team squad all season and Walter Smith has told me I'll get chances in the starting XI when I get back.

"So I would be mad to even consider going out on loan," said Little.

"My goal this season is to play in as many first-team matches as possible.

"After three years of waiting, I believe that is going to happen."

Little, playing as a right-back this season for Rangers but as a striker for Northern Ireland, is gutted at the timing of the injury but won't rush back.

"I realise I need to make sure my hamstring is strong before I even think about kicking a ball again," he said.

"Hopefully though, if Northern Ireland have a friendly in November, I'll be back fit and ready to play a full part."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2532219.0.0.php

Interesting, I hope he sticks to his word though but hope he isn't the only youngster that gets his chance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

by Alison McConnell

WALTER SMITH has promised crocked Ibrox youngster Andrew Little he will get another chance to impress this season.

The Northern Ireland international started the first Old Firm game of the season, but had to go off in the early stages due to injury.

He is facing six weeks on the sidelines and will not think about going out on loan as he bids to make a name for himself at Rangers.

"I've been in the first-team squad all season and Walter Smith has told me I'll get chances in the starting XI when I get back.

Little, playing as a right-back this season for Rangers but as a striker for Northern Ireland, is gutted at the timing of the injury but won't rush back.

"I realise I need to make sure my hamstring is strong before I even think about kicking a ball again," he said.

"Hopefully though, if Northern Ireland have a friendly in November, I'll be back fit and ready to play a full part."

Interesting, I hope he sticks to his word though but hope he isn't the only youngster that gets his chance

Just maybe he is the only one to PROVE he merits a chance :P

Little has played at the back as often as he has played upfront for the reserves/youth team.

The guy himself has even said that while he would like to be a striker he's willing to play anywhere as some players don't find their best position until they are a bit older.

Just thought I'd throw that in there, but don't let it hold you back from having yet another pop at Walter though.

Now now DBBTB, where would people be if they couldn't get their daily swipe at Walter? So far Little, Fleck and Wylde have had some game time this season, maybe not as much as we would all want but at the end of the day not every player who is being picked to start for Rangers is over 30 years old, never mind what some people seem to think.

He'll get a token 5minutes then (tu)

Bit unfair, if he hadn't picked up that injury so early in the match, he would have probably played the whole of the Old Firm game.

The way he started if he didn't pull up he would have been hooked by HT, but that ain't his fault after been flung in at RB.

Andrew Little is like a lot of our reserves he'll get on for a token 5-10 minutes from the bench, can't see him ever outing anybody in our 1st team or becoming a permanent fixture if everybody is fit.

Personally I think he'll get Little chance.

pierre.gif

I've seen very Little of him to make a judgement.

pierre.gif

Agreed. These youth threads just turn into many members taking Little shots at Walter.

pierre.gif

by Alison McConnell

Same quote Buffel gave, almost word for word, a few seasons ago.