"Phones For Them" appeal.

Bazza

Ladies and Gents,

This is a little feeler to gauge what interest we could gather in a new initiative for the Former Players Benevolent Fund.

The Initiative is called "Phones For Them" and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Would you be willing to give up your old mobile phone/phones? could you get them off your friends and family? could you petition for them around your work place? all in the name of charity?

The idea is to place bins around Ibrox on a specific matchday as drop off points for any phones collected and then we will send them off and any monies collected would go straight to the Fund.

For those that can't/don't get to matchdays an address could be provided to send any old phones to so that people the world over could participate in the idea.

Would this be something that you would be willing to participate or help in? If so, post in this thread and if you have any ideas to strengthen the initial Initiative or any questions, we'd be glad to hear them.

Over to you...

Strangely enough I will need an address to send my old phone to, will ask if anyone has any to give away, even though these days some people will get cash back for their old phones.

A lot of people find its not worth it as their phones aren't that much value wise but to the Fund it all adds up. :)

i got a brick think someone got me it for my 21st that i need to get rid of

You'll have to delete all the abusive texts off it, I don't think my innocent mind could take them...

*choke*

We're setting an initial date of 29th Jan 2010 (Hearts game) for the collection to give plenty of time to get the ball rolling. For those further afield an address will be given nearer the time.

So keep this in mind, ask your friends/family/collegues, especially with christmas coming up and a lot of new phones on the go, the old ones will need a home and what better way than supporting our hero's of days gone by.

We're setting an initial date of 29th Jan 2010 (Hearts game) for the collection to give plenty of time to get the ball rolling. For those further afield an address will be given nearer the time.

So keep this in mind, ask your friends/family/collegues, especially with christmas coming up and a lot of new phones on the go, the old ones will need a home and what better way than supporting our hero's of days gone by.

would be an idea to get onto the jambos forums as well

sure they wouldnt mind helping?