Remembrance Sunday uproar - Falkirk v Beggars

CanadianBacon

What time is the real radio football phone in. if several of us phone in they'll have to at leastt take notice get anyone you can to phone in and lets get this disgrace out and open

6 o'clock IIRC

Ewen will definitely get stuck into the tarriers

.......and you know this, how? <cr>

Thing is, this wee Cameron geezer is a coward who has backed off slagging Nonce FC in the past. :angry:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the real radio football phone in. if several of us phone in they'll have to at leastt take notice get anyone you can to phone in and lets get this disgrace out and open

6 o'clock IIRC

Thing is, this wee Cameron geezer is a coward who has backed off slagging Nonce FC in the past. :angry:

He' merried tae a rampant wan, he goes tae the phiggery wae her brother ! :sherlock:

6 o'clock IIRC

aye right enough

after that bheggar threatened him on it a while back

a minutes applause is ok when its a footballer/manager/chairman that has died but when it comes to remembering the war dead a minutes silence is the only way forward. I am disgusted that they are even considering a minutes applause rather than a silence. Let them have a silence and if the scum cant keep their mouths shut then they will be shown up for what they are. Mindless bigots. I wonder will britney be so keen to condemn them?

It's ironic that last years "Poppy Day Fixtures", where all SPL teams wore poppies on their shirts, was actually launched at Falkirks stadium.

I take it that the wearing of poppies was a one off last year for the 90th anniversary of the end of the First World War.

Should be an annual occurence and if the SPL don't see fit to make it so then we should take the lead.

How about RM getting poppies to sell to all us fans outside the ground?

I'd be more than happy to take my turn.

It would be a good opportunity to raise some much needed funds for the hospices, etc.

Mate, the poppy appeal is a registered charity run by The Royal British Legion. You need permission to use the poppy symbol for any other fundraising effort. You can't just get a hold of some poppies and sell them for the cause of your choice.

My e-mail to the SPL:-

To Whom it may concern,

I have read with dismay the news that Falkirk FC have had to request guidance from the SPL regarding the holding of 1min. silence on Rememberance Sunday.

A 1min. Silence of Rememberance is the long standing internationally accepted way of showing

respect for the dead.

That the people of Scotland are expected to break this honourable tradition because certain people cannot be trusted to behave like human beings for 1min. is a shame on our society.

I trust God and your conscience help you to reach the honourable conclusion in your reply to Falkirk FC.

To Whom it may concern,

I have read with dismay the news that Falkirk FC have had to request guidance from the SPL regarding the holding of 1min. silence on Rememberance Sunday.

A 1min. Silence of Rememberance is the long standing internationally accepted way of showing

respect for the dead.

That the people of Scotland are expected to break this honourable tradition because certain people cannot be trusted to behave like human beings for 1min. is a shame on our society.

I trust God and your conscience help you to reach the honourable conclusion in your reply to Falkirk FC.

Well said that man.

To Whom it may concern,

respect for the dead.

Well said that man.

too right!! its absolutely disgustin how they wont just behave like human beings 4 a minute! and Y? cos they're all a bunch of animals with no morals! it sadens me to think of our brave troops who went thru hell and died to keep us safe and these animals can sit back and BOO at them! they would be turnin in there graves! :angry:

As others have said I cannot believe this is even up for debate. If falkirk are pressured into holding a minutes applause then it will be a massive disgrace. Tell you this though this is something the Daily Mail would be interested in especially their columnist Richard Littlejohn. And I am not fishing when I say that either, this is something I would not joke about. I will get emails sent after work later.

I think the best solution is for the tannoy announcer to ask for a moments appreciation instead of silence or applause. That way people can pay their respects in the way they feel is appropriate. Personaly I feel a minutes silence is best.

With all due respect mate, that is a cop out. Minutes silences for Remembrance Sunday is the done thing. It is the dignifies way to do it. No way should falkirk have to budge an inch on this matter.

I think the best solution is for the tannoy announcer to ask for a moments appreciation instead of silence or applause. That way people can pay their respects in the way they feel is appropriate. Personaly I feel a minutes silence is best.

With all due respect mate, that is a cop out. Minutes silences for Remembrance Sunday is the done thing. It is the dignifies way to do it. No way should falkirk have to budge an inch on this matter.

You're absolutely right on that matter. And I'm musing over the irony of celtic fans forcing applause for British servicemen.

I agree with everything that's been said in this thread! Well done guys!

One thing that hasn't ever been pointed out (as far as I know) about the minutes applause....is that it gives those scum the perfect chance to cheer the deaths of our servicemen! That just adds insult to the matter. SPL will be an utter disgrace if they allow this to happen! It's well about time someone in authority had the balls to stand up to them!

I'll send my e-mails in a minute. There's simply no room for the disrespectful minutes applause when it comes to remembering our war dead. If Celtic fans do indeed make a mockery of themselves then so be it, we shouldn't be bending over backwards to hide their disgusting behaviour.

I honestly cannot think of another European nation where such behaviour would not only be ignored but actually hidden from view.

The most ironic aspect of it is the fact that they are disrespecting the Celtic fans who serve their country. And there are quite a few.

That's the bit I don't get.

I know a number of Tic fans who are in the army, two who are pretty high ranking with the Marines.

If Falkirk's arse collapses on this issue, I hope we also reserve a round of boos for them next time they visit Ibrox, because it would be a disgrace. The fact that they're even thinking about it depresses me.

Ridiculous situation doh Going by recent history, Falkirk will probably be told to let the filth have their minutes applause. :rolleyes:

If this is the case,I suggest Falkirk fans(who I assume are decent citizens) should "LOUDLY BOO" the disrespect shown to our Armed forces.

t****** SCUM.

WE SHOUDL HAVE A MINUTE'S APPLAUSE OT MARK BLOODY SUNDAY

no we shouldnt that would be as cheap a shot as the t4igs are doing here

I know....

It just pisses me off that we are constantly given all the flak while they are allowed so much leeway even when it ocmes to something like remembrance day.

It's ironic that last years "Poppy Day Fixtures", where all SPL teams wore poppies on their shirts, was actually launched at Falkirks stadium.

I take it that the wearing of poppies was a one off last year for the 90th anniversary of the end of the First World War.

Should be an annual occurence and if the SPL don't see fit to make it so then we should take the lead.

How about RM getting poppies to sell to all us fans outside the ground?

I'd be more than happy to take my turn.

It would be a good opportunity to raise some much needed funds for the hospices, etc.

Mate, the poppy appeal is a registered charity run by The Royal British Legion. You need permission to use the poppy symbol for any other fundraising effort. You can't just get a hold of some poppies and sell them for the cause of your choice.

I never said for the cause of my choice - the money would go where its supposes to go.

I know the laws/etc regarding charities as I'm involved in it - I was meaning we could sell them for the British Legion POppy Appeal.

Not sure which part of my post threw/confused you.