***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

Old firm network game in the 2nd season.

Last 16 of the CL thanks to my wing contingent of Afellay and Di Maria knocking the group of death to fuck! :pipe: Yet Boruc scored a 60 yard free kick in the first clash of the season.

It was one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen. :lol:

been wanting to do a network game for ages :(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a game with Newcastle United, was doing fairly well, 3rd in the league and a few points behind Nottingham Forest, who were amazing, but Mike Ashley sold Newcastle to a Turkish consortium, and I got the sack after Christmas and they hired some Turkish guy, needless to say they didn't even make the play offs.

Was unemployed until the start of Feb, when Swansea sacked Paulo Sousa, and I was offered the job. I took them from 16th to 8th. In June 2010, Sam Allardyce was sacked by relegated Blackburn, so I resigned from Swansea and applied for Blackburn manager.

Sold Samba, Robinson and Diouf, but I had to take in mainly loans and frees, as I a lot of the money didn't go into transfer budget.

Took in Danny Wilson, Ben Amos and Danny Rose in on loans, and David Cornell and Ritchie De Laet in on frees, tried to get John Fleck in on loan, but Rangers rejected the offer.

Now in October, 2nd in the league, Blackburn and Birmingham City are ripping up the Championship, In the 2nd round of the League Cup, I was 2-0 down at half time to Portsmouth, and came back to win 3-2.

Started a game with Newcastle United, was doing fairly well, 3rd in the league and a few points behind Nottingham Forest, who were amazing, but Mike Ashley sold Newcastle to a Turkish consortium, and I got the sack after Christmas and they hired some Turkish guy, needless to say they didn't even make the play offs.

Was unemployed until the start of Feb, when Swansea sacked Paulo Sousa, and I was offered the job. I took them from 16th to 8th. In June 2010, Sam Allardyce was sacked by relegated Blackburn, so I resigned from Swansea and applied for Blackburn manager.

Sold Samba, Robinson and Diouf, but I had to take in mainly loans and frees, as I a lot of the money didn't go into transfer budget.

Took in Danny Wilson, Ben Amos and Danny Rose in on loans, and David Cornell and Ritchie De Laet in on frees, tried to get John Fleck in on loan, but Rangers rejected the offer.

Now in October, 2nd in the league, Blackburn and Birmingham City are ripping up the Championship, In the 2nd round of the League Cup, I was 2-0 down at half time to Portsmouth, and came back to win 3-2.

Fuckin Turks :pierre:

I'm in 2016, won the league 6 out of the 7 times possible.

Managed to get to the CL final in the 2nd season, agonisingly losing 3-2 to Barcelona. Jimmy Briand and Mendes scored either side of half-time, before Barca pulled 2 back and took it to extra time. Then in the 117th minute, Webster fouled Messi in the area, then the little bastard scored.

I immediately sold Webster.

I have had many class act's in my team over the years including Mahamadou Sakho, Nani, Hugo Lloris, Carlos Vela, Carlos Matheu, M.Diarra, Douglas Costa, Martin Galvan, Urby Emanuelson, Henri Saivet, Andrea Rannochia, Alessio Cerci, Steven Defour and Christian Poulsen.

My 1st team squad atm is....

Guillerme Ochoa

Alex Smithies

Damiano Ferronetti

Rafael *

Christophe Berra

Gerson

Victor Laguardia

Gabriel Paletta

Vincent Kompany

Anthony Curutchet *

Royston Drenthe

Lorenzo Cristetig

Marc Crosas

Ibrahim Afellay

Rodrigo Pinto *

Luis Suarez

Ashley Young

Chris Fraser *

Jimmy Briand

Paulo Elia *

Sercan

Bruno Teixeira *

* Regen

My aim now is to win the CL!

Anyone here bought Briand before? He is a monster! Bought him for £925k and he has scored 165 in 203!

What patch do you download if you've got the

ISO file mounted on PowerIso.

:ph34r:

I've got my ISO mounted with poweriso and i've not downloaded any patch.

It's the 10.2 patch update for FM mate. I can play FM fine buddy, just want the updates. (tu)

It's the 10.2 patch update for FM mate. I can play FM fine buddy, just want the updates. (tu)

aye same the patch wont work with me (td)

oh :P i don't really use updates.

Feckin' Coloccini, 6 red cards in one season, starting a 6 game ban and i fine him 2wks wages and he claims he been treated unfairly.

for 2 yellow cards in one match only ever warn them and if its a straight red card then a 1 match fine is always accepted by the player , have had similar problems at Madrid :(

I started a game unemployed and went the Morton manager.

Having a fucking shanner!

2nd bottom, two wins, two draws and six losses from ten games :(

Won my last eight games and now sit fourth :pipe:

Good show (tu) think i might start a new game and let the computer decide who i go :pipe: currently Real Madrid the now sitting 2nd with a game in hand and 2 points behind with 4 games left :eek: sitting in the SF of the champions league after winning 2-1 in the first leg in moscow , knocked out of the spanish cup in the 5h round or something though :(

Got myself back into FM by starting a new game with West Brom, My Current team is

-------------------Lambo-------------------------

Zuiverloon---Wilson--Campbell(Sol)----Helan

Brunt-------Koke-----Dorrans--------Thomas

-------------Moore----Cristaldo(Loan)---------

Subs:

Carson

Morrison

Barnett

Cox

Teixeira

Jara

Mulumbu

Koren

-------------------

Transfers:

Lambo - 18k

Cristaldo - Loan

Wilson - 1.4mill

Sol Campbell - free until end of season.

Koke - 40k

Helan - 350k

Robert Lewandowski - 1.3 mill (Coming in January)

Kamil Wiktorski - 60k (Coming in January) - He is from Rangers Under-19's turns into a great player and can become just as good as Wilson.

Currently sittin in the Promotion places 3 points from after about 8-9 games. Some of the players i've bought are absolute bargains.

Been meaning to buy it for ages and got it for £13 at HMV yesterday so quite good, started a new season with Rangers. Only bought 2 players though in Sol Campbell and Christian Vieri. I will keep everyone updated :P

Get Landon Donovan for a free (tu)

I went to sign Donovan, had to free up some wages, by the time i punted Naismith to Wigan for £3.5 million Donovan signed for Liverpool. :anguish: Only brought in 3 players so far in Sol Campbell and Christian Vieri for free and Libor Sionko (remember him) for 200k, lol. Played 4 league games so far and sitting 3rd so not bad. Beat Falkirk and Hamilton, drew with Motherwell and got beat by Hearts. :(