Current Situation

DavidRST

Hello everyone,

Long time since I've been here, but having been criticised for not putting info out on various sources, thought I should share this here.

As you know, I don’t normally do such things, but given the circumstances, we feel it’s important and fair that the support should know this. Obviously I won’t name sources, but let me assure you, I wouldn’t be posting this if

a) I didn’t trust the source implicitly

b) they didn’t have a 100% track record

c) they weren’t as close to the situation or

d) it didn’t check out when we investigated it.

Allegedly;

• The bank are panicking

• Senior management are calling it ‘a PR disaster’

• They want out soonest

• Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

• Muir is effectively running the club

• Muir is hawking players to clubs

• If the club is not sold at least three first team players will be sold in January in an attempt to raise £10m. This will allow the bank to drop the price for the club to £20m. They believe this might encourage further investors.

The pressure that is being brought to bear on Lloyds IS having an effect. Keep up the good work Bears.

Dangerous times, but potential sunshine ahead.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So just the same stuff that's been peddled out for the last few days then. Cheers for the update (tu)

Again, I'm sticking by my gut instinct. Pointless hysteria the last few days. If we get a buyer that clears the debt.....great. If we don't, I bet we'll be fine and that no key players will leave. The only maybe for me is Bougherra if he's unsettled and a substantial bid (£5m+) comes in for him.

Hello everyone,

Long time since I've been here, but having been criticised for not putting info out on various sources, thought I should share this here.

As you know, I don’t normally do such things, but given the circumstances, we feel it’s important and fair that the support should know this. Obviously I won’t name sources, but let me assure you, I wouldn’t be posting this if

a) I didn’t trust the source implicitly

b) they didn’t have a 100% track record

c) they weren’t as close to the situation or

d) it didn’t check out when we investigated it.

Allegedly;

• The bank are panicking

• Senior management are calling it ‘a PR disaster’

• They want out soonest

• Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

• Muir is effectively running the club

• Muir is hawking players to clubs

• If the club is not sold at least three first team players will be sold in January in an attempt to raise £10m. This will allow the bank to drop the price for the club to £20m. They believe this might encourage further investors.

The pressure that is being brought to bear on Lloyds IS having an effect. Keep up the good work Bears.

Dangerous times, but potential sunshine ahead.

Just what I thought and been hearing from various places!

All the more reason to keep the pressure on the bank, Think I will push the petitions et al even more over the weekend :disappointment:

I do not want to see 3/5 players sold this January, I wish the bank to take £0.40 in the £1 for our debt like they are doing with other businesses. :angry: :angry:

So just the same stuff that's been peddled out for the last few days then. Cheers for the update (tu)

Again, I'm sticking by my gut instinct. Pointless hysteria the last few days. If we get a buyer that clears the debt.....great. If we don't, I bet we'll be fine and that no key players will leave. The only maybe for me is Bougherra if he's unsettled and a substantial bid (£5m+) comes in for him.

So you're happy just to sit tight and wait and see?

Quite right mate, everything will be just fine. Nothing to worry about.

FFS. <cr>

So if we are £30M in debt, next summer we will be approx £20M following CL money coming in and our cutbacks. I would suggest it may even be as little as £17M. Why is there this hysteria or can someone enlighten me.

FFS. <cr>

Its mind boggling eh <cr>

So if we are £30M in debt, next summer we will be approx £20M following CL money coming in and our cutbacks. I would suggest it may even be as little as £17M. Why is there this hysteria or can someone enlighten me.

The OP seems to suggest the level of debt and the price for the club is the same thing, I don’t understand that at all….

I'd just be happy if everyone got back to focusing on the fact we've got an enormous game this weekend at Tannadice. Our situation is not as it's been painted in the media, that's my opinion and I firmly believe that. Look at the climb down and apology after they stated that Murray was forced down......was b*llshit, the media are taking shots in the dark from a flippant remark from Walter.

Do you not remember the hysteria in January ? Everyone for sale, £3m must be raised, Rangers in administration fears......no key players have left, we rejected £3m for Mendes in January.

Form your own opinion, we shouldn't just open wide and let the media feed us. We should know by now that they are far from reliable.

I'd just be happy if everyone got back to focusing on the fact we've got an enormous game this weekend at Tannadice. Our situation is not as it's been painted in the media, that's my opinion and I firmly believe that. Look at the climb down and apology after they stated that Murray was forced down......was b*llshit, the media are taking shots in the dark from a flippant remark from Walter.

Do you not remember the hysteria in January ? Everyone for sale, £3m must be raised, Rangers in administration fears......no key players have left, we rejected £3m for Mendes in January.

Form your own opinion, we shouldn't just open wide and let the media feed us. We should know by now that they are far from reliable.

I agree to a certain extent and you do make a lot of sense but do you not feel that if at least some of us are working on pressuring the bank (just in case) its worth while so we can quickly get back to the football?

Can it cause any harm for people to work on pushing this while the rest show a little support by signing petitions or spreading the word and then just return to the good parts while the select few keep the momentum going?

I think its got something to do with the Governments plans to split the banks up.

Obviously they will start with the ones in the worst position, of which Lloyds is one.

The sooner Lloyds get their house in order, the more chance they have of avoiding this.

They won't wait too long for their maoney back from us.

Unfortunately, Rangers FC are just a small pawn in the bigger picture, in their opinion.

I'm sure they will find out soon enough that this is not the case.

I think its got something to do with the Governments plans to split the banks up.

Obviously they will start with the ones in the worst position, of which Lloyds is one.

The sooner Lloyds get their house in order, the more chance they have of avoiding this.

They won't wait too long for their maoney back from us.

Unfortunately, Rangers FC are just a small pawn in the bigger picture, in their opinion.

I'm sure they will find out soon enough that this is not the case.

They are certainly playing a dangerous game, going by some of the messages I have read to them from supporters <cr>

I am sure they fully realise it has been a PR disaster!

The OP seems to suggest the level of debt and the price for the club is the same thing, I don’t understand that at all….

The BANK has told Murray to sell. They are due £30m. They get an offer of £30m, they get their cash and they are out of here.

Murray is not making the decisions, he is simply trying to recover a few small £m's if he possibly can. In the end the bank will decide.

FFS. <cr>

Its mind boggling eh <cr>

Quite incredible mate.