Shirts (Poppies)

Are Rangers having a poppy on their shirts for this weekends match.

My other team Hartlepool united are having a strip for the poppy appeal and selling them on e-bay and all money made goes to help for the heros and brittish legion, i will be going to this match on saturday.

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/New...1867011,00.html

Every club in the UK should have it embroidered on their shirts.

Shame on Man utd,Liverpool and Blackburn i cannot believe these

have decided against it

Blackburn are wearing them mate,

this article explains why Man Utd aint though

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._their_poppies/

have decided against it

“We sell poppies around the ground and all our officials wear them and we work with Armed Forces charities in a lot of other ways throughout the year.”

Piss poor excuse imo

Have Falkirk went ahead with the minutes applause?

Naw its a minute's silence, well done Falkirk for not doing applause :clap:

Well done Falkirk :clap:

Yeah well done falkirk, a minutes applause would have been shameful :clap:

RANGERS will wear a specially embroidered Poppy on their strip against St Mirren at Ibrox tomorrow and fans will be asked to observe a minute of silence before the SPL match as the Club commemorates the 91st anniversary of the Armistice and Remembrance.

One hundred members of The Royal Air Force will represent The Armed Forces at the stadium while the Rangers Charity Foundation will host a can collection in aid of Poppyscotland, an organisation that raises money for the brave men and women who serve in the Armed Services.

The Rangers Supporters Assembly will also present veterans' charity Erskine and Bennett House - the Royal British Legion's facility for service personnel and their families in Portrush - with cheques for £3,000 each during the half-time interval.

Light Blues forward Steven Naismith joined former soldier Stuart Proudfoot - who was helped by Poppyscotland when he was injured during a tour of duty in Iraq - at Murray Park today to promote the activity.

Steven said: "Everyone associated with the Club is proud to support Poppyscotland and I know the funds raised from the can collection at tomorrow's game will make a positive difference to the lives of servicemen and women and their families.

"We will all pay our respects to those who have lost their lives serving their country at the St Mirren game and wear the poppy embroidered Rangers strip with pride."

Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain added: "This football club will always be fully committed to honouring and supporting our armed services and it will be a pleasure to welcome The Royal Air Force to Ibrox tomorrow.

"Every supporter and Club employee will be wearing their poppies in remembrance to the fallen this weekend as the Rangers Family pays its respects to those who have made selfless sacrifice for their country."

RAF Kinloss Station Commander, Group Captain Robbie Noel OBE, said: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rangers Football Club for the support they have shown not only to the RAF but to all the Armed Forces, who continue to operate in the most challenging of circumstances.

"This is the second time that personnel from RAF Kinloss and the other RAF stations in Scotland have been invited to Ibrox and I know that all those who are attending, many of whom have recently returned from operations in Afghanistan, appreciate this kind gesture.

"This is obviously a poignant time ahead of Remembrance Day and I am extremely grateful for the commitment made by Rangers to honouring and supporting the nation's Armed Forces, and for helping to raise the profile of Poppyscotland."

Ian McGregor, Chief Executive of Poppyscotland, spoke of his gratitude. He added: "We are delighted that Rangers Football Club are supporting the Scottish Poppy Appeal by wearing the famous poppy emblem during play this weekend.

"With many veterans returning from active service suffering from multiple and complex issues Poppyscotland needs to raise funds to provide vital year-round support.

"We are proud to be working with all twelve SPL clubs to raise awareness and I hope that Rangers fans will support the Scottish Poppy Appeal to ensure that veterans and their families across Scotland receive the help they deserve."

In recent months, the Rangers Charity Foundation has worked closely with veterans' charities Poppyscotland and Erskine while the Club invited members of The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland and Royal Marines from 45 Commando - who had just returned from front line duty in Afghanistan - to SPL matches at Ibrox.

In addition, around 1000 members of the Armed Forces attended the recent Champions League tie with Unirea at Ibrox and Scottish soldiers based in Germany have been invited to Rangers training sessions both during pre-season tours and before European matches in the last couple of years.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1868344

have decided against it

“We sell poppies around the ground and all our officials wear them and we work with Armed Forces charities in a lot of other ways throughout the year.”

Piss poor excuse imo

That article doesn't explain anything :S