No tickets for Sevilla?

Steakbake

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember our 2008 UEFA run - Rangers gave us free tickets for Bremen (I think) Sporting and Fiorentina which

they didnt have to do so that kinda shows they dont treat us like cash cows.

No it doesn't

we got free tickets for 1 game but trust me ive been told by employee of ibrox they dont want us to travel

why did they take 12 quid off us every year for travel club card if they dont see us as an easy cash cow

Remember our 2008 UEFA run - Rangers gave us free tickets for Bremen (I think) Sporting and Fiorentina which

No it doesn't

we got free tickets for 1 game but trust me ive been told by employee of ibrox they dont want us to travel

why did they take 12 quid off us every year for travel club card if they dont see us as an easy cash cow

And rape our wallets at every opportunity. Booking fees? Credit card charges? Call charges?

yeah. I can only remember one game where we got free tickets. Fair enough. That was a good effort.

But the bottom line is they dont want us there. In fact, i think they would be happy if we werent at any away game. Europe or SPL.

If I recall correctly it was at least 2 free games (Lisbon & Florence).

I also recall it cost them around £50K each time so it has to be commended. - Rewarding loyal fans.

As far as the travel club is concerned you wouldnt expect them to run such a facility for nothing would you?

Theres obviously an expense incurred in co-ordinating loads of tickets etc for foreign countries.

If there was no cost them everyone would join every year in the hope of us getting to a final and with

no intention of travelling otherwise. - As a travelling fan youve got to agree thats not ideal.

Like it or lump it we are a business.

No it doesn't

And rape our wallets at every opportunity. Booking fees? Credit card charges? Call charges?

Every business does that - why single out Rangers?

No it doesn't

So you admit that they rape our wallets but deny that they treat us like a cash cow?

If any of our supporters are considering going then for fucksake and no matter what the provocation don't cause any more trouble for our club.

Personally I'd rather see our supporters stay away until we can form our own team of stewards to self marshal the fans. This is more to do with defending our supporters than persecuting them.

Who is going to reimburse us then.....thought not :rolleyes:

Still, At the end of the day. THEY DONT WANT US THERE. (in my view because there isn't enough money to be made from us travelling)

We are just a burden to them and they would definitely prefer us not to go.

Also, i dont think the 12 gbp or so a year would make a major difference to people going or not. If they constantly apply for tickets and dont go then they will be found out eventually (and incidentally, it will cost them a lot more than the 12 by having to pay for a ticket every time they are successful. so that argument about no intention of travelling unless a final is pish .

In my view why should we have to pay just to have a chance to watch rangers. I didnt join the TC for the first couple of years as i thought it disgraceful. by all means reward the guys who go all the time, but that can be done without paying for it. (I reluctantly joined as the only way I could get to FK Zeta was with rangers unless I was willing to shell out 800GBP)

any1 think are we within our rights to ask for the 12quid bak if they decide not to take tickets 4 sevilla. personally its the game i decided to go to this yr, therefore booked up etc for seville. i am goin no matter wat but just means i'll need 2 buy a ticket over there. dont get me wrong 12quid isnt alot of money but its the principle that i cant use my TC membership for the game i wanted 2c. it wud be almost as bad as last yr with the kaunas fiasco, didnt really get the opportunity 2 use the TC membership that yr either(didnt really fancy goin 2 kaunas TBH).any thots?

does any1 know if rangers are gona take tikets or not for seville?

any1 had any travel club emails or fone calls?

I'm sure Rangers will take a ticket allocation as thousands will have booked already, and will travel anyway.

This would be a recipe for disaster and impossible to police - something they can't afford to risk.

I think we'll be OK.

does any1 know if rangers are gona take tikets or not for seville?

any1 had any travel club emails or fone calls?

we should find out maybe tmro whats happening

i think the application email i got said shortly after wednesday(yesterday). hopefully it will be tomo

No it doesn't

So you admit that they rape our wallets but deny that they treat us like a cash cow?

No I dont admit they rape our wallets - they do what every business on the planet does and charge for

booking fees, credit cards and call charges.

And they dont treat us like a cash cow for away games because the money goes to the opposition.

If you dont like paying these charges to Rangers then dont do it. Simples.

Whats Douglas Park got to do with rangers ?

If Murray would play "nice" Mr Park would have a lot more to do with Rangers FC than any of us on here.......if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Douglas Park is a ruthless businessman driven by money - there are no guarantees he would be the one to take the club forward.

I'd imagine they were waiting for yesterday's UEFA decision before deciding what to do. I actually wondered if they would get in touch with UEFA before the hearing, to tell them if they went easy on us we would refuse tickets. Having had a small fine for a minor disturbance, I'd be surprised if they refused the tickets unless promises had been made...

No I dont admit they rape our wallets - they do what every business on the planet does and charge for

And they dont treat us like a cash cow for away games because the money goes to the opposition.

Simples - Yes

Practical - No

Rangers need to be wary of baton-wielding cops in Seville, says Spurs supporters trust

Nov 14 2009 Gary Ralston

SPURS fans last night warned Rangers to beware the batonhappy cops in Seville.

The new self-policing policy of the Light Blue legions will be put to the test when they travel for their Champions League crunch in Spain next month.

Rangers supporters have vowed never again after their club were hit with an £18,000 fine byUEFA for half-time crowd trouble in Romania 10 days ago.

The SPL champions have yet to announce formally how many tickets, if any, they will take for the game against Sevilla, with the application date for briefs just passed.

Spurs fans clashed with cops inside the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium two years ago during their side's 2-1 defeat in the first leg of a UEFA Cup quarter-final.

Supporters Trust chairman Daniel Wynne has warned Rangers fans to be careful as he revealed police were so heavy-handed they even battered a disabled supporter in his wheelchair.

It's a warning Rangers fans would do well to heed after they were hit by fines from UEFA for previous acts of disorder in Villarreal and Pamplona.

Wynne said: "The atmosphere before the game was fantastic and it got even better for us when Robbie Keane scored early on to give us a 1-0 lead.

"However, they were awarded a dodgy penalty soon afterwards and there were the inevitable shouts in protest at the ref.

"That was enough for the Spanish police, who emerged from nowhere with batons wielding and set about our fans. I'll never forget what I saw that night, including one of our own disabled supporters being hit by truncheons as he sat in his wheelchair.

"Quite simply, police over-reacted and Spurs stewards in the ground were forced to act as a barrier between us.

"Our message to Rangers fans is go over there, enjoy the game, have a laugh and a few drinks but, please, be careful with the police. I'm sure they will take their own delegation of stewards and police and they must also be at the top of their game."

Romanians Unirea Urziceni were also fined £7000 for poor organisation in the Ghencea Stadium that Rangers chief executive Martin Bain claimed contributed to the violence.

Wynne was among 4000 Spurs fans in Seville in April 2007 and he couldn't fault the warmth and hospitality of the Sevilla fans,only the cops.

He would hate to see the majority of travelling Rangers fans penalised for the violence of a minority if their club refuses to take a ticket allocation.

Wynne added: "As a football follower I could never support the decision by any club to deny a fan the chance to see his team. We live for these moments - the travel, new grounds, playing different teams. It's all part of the fan experience.

"Sevilla fans were absolutely fantastic and the week after we played they unfurled a banner at the stadium apologising for the actions of their police."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21820884/

Rangers need to be wary of baton-wielding cops in Seville, says Spurs supporters trust

Nov 14 2009 Gary Ralston

SPURS fans last night warned Rangers to beware the batonhappy cops in Seville.

The new self-policing policy of the Light Blue legions will be put to the test when they travel for their Champions League crunch in Spain next month.

Rangers supporters have vowed never again after their club were hit with an £18,000 fine byUEFA for half-time crowd trouble in Romania 10 days ago.

The SPL champions have yet to announce formally how many tickets, if any, they will take for the game against Sevilla, with the application date for briefs just passed.

Spurs fans clashed with cops inside the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium two years ago during their side's 2-1 defeat in the first leg of a UEFA Cup quarter-final.

Supporters Trust chairman Daniel Wynne has warned Rangers fans to be careful as he revealed police were so heavy-handed they even battered a disabled supporter in his wheelchair.

It's a warning Rangers fans would do well to heed after they were hit by fines from UEFA for previous acts of disorder in Villarreal and Pamplona.

Wynne said: "The atmosphere before the game was fantastic and it got even better for us when Robbie Keane scored early on to give us a 1-0 lead.

"However, they were awarded a dodgy penalty soon afterwards and there were the inevitable shouts in protest at the ref.

"That was enough for the Spanish police, who emerged from nowhere with batons wielding and set about our fans. I'll never forget what I saw that night, including one of our own disabled supporters being hit by truncheons as he sat in his wheelchair.

"Quite simply, police over-reacted and Spurs stewards in the ground were forced to act as a barrier between us.

"Our message to Rangers fans is go over there, enjoy the game, have a laugh and a few drinks but, please, be careful with the police. I'm sure they will take their own delegation of stewards and police and they must also be at the top of their game."

Romanians Unirea Urziceni were also fined £7000 for poor organisation in the Ghencea Stadium that Rangers chief executive Martin Bain claimed contributed to the violence.

Wynne was among 4000 Spurs fans in Seville in April 2007 and he couldn't fault the warmth and hospitality of the Sevilla fans,only the cops.

He would hate to see the majority of travelling Rangers fans penalised for the violence of a minority if their club refuses to take a ticket allocation.

Wynne added: "As a football follower I could never support the decision by any club to deny a fan the chance to see his team. We live for these moments - the travel, new grounds, playing different teams. It's all part of the fan experience.

"Sevilla fans were absolutely fantastic and the week after we played they unfurled a banner at the stadium apologising for the actions of their police."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21820884/

you would think the rhecord are hoping theres trouble saves the jounos having to work for a week

if a cop hits me with a baton im just gonna go OOOOOWWWWWCCCCCCHHHHHHHH

Simples - Yes

Practical - No

(tu)