E:chris.gosling@scotland.gsLgov.uk

Mr Garry ******

Our ref: 2009/xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 December 2009

Dear Mr ******

~

The Scottish

Government

Thank you for forwarding your email to Scottish Ministers on 6 November 2009 following

your visit to Ghencia stadium in Bucharest whilst watching Glasgow Rangers Football Club

in a UEFA Champions League match, I have been asked to reply.

I fully note your concerns but as I am sure you can appreciate it is not appropiate for the

Scottish Government to interfere in what is a matter for the relevant football club and football

authorities to address. For this situation your original email to both Glasgow Rangers

Football Club and UEFA was the correct course of action and I hope you have received a

response.

Since your email Unirea Urziceni and Glasgow Rangers Football Club have both been fined

by UEFA for incidents relating to that match.

Yours sincerely

CHRIS GOSLING

Seems fair enough I suppose.

i dont think it was "fair enough" we got fined

it wasnt us who didnt have toilet facilities

it wasnt us who opened only one turnstyle for the entire away support

it wasnt us who didnt provide ample food and drinks

it wasnt us that caused most of the away fans to miss most of the first half after travelling all that way

it wasnt our steward who waved a republican flag at the away support

it wasnt strathclydes finest who bludgeoned the away fans for complaining

why cant a government get involved in this situation

are the football authorities above the law

hhmm

Sport Division

T:0131-244 0614 F:0131-244 0810

E:chris.gosling@scotland.gsLgov.uk

Mr Garry ******

Our ref: 2009/xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 December 2009

Dear Mr ******

~

The Scottish

Government

Thank you for forwarding your email to Scottish Ministers on 6 November 2009 following

your visit to Ghencia stadium in Bucharest whilst watching Glasgow Rangers Football Club

in a UEFA Champions League match, I have been asked to reply.

I fully note your concerns but as I am sure you can appreciate it is not appropiate for the

Scottish Government to interfere in what is a matter for the relevant football club and football

authorities to address. For this situation your original email to both Glasgow Rangers

Football Club and UEFA was the correct course of action and I hope you have received a

response.

Since your email Unirea Urziceni and Glasgow Rangers Football Club have both been fined

by UEFA for incidents relating to that match.

Yours sincerely

CHRIS GOSLING

Seems fair enough I suppose.

well what the fuck do the scottish goverment want to get incvolved with songs we sing for?? Fucking double standards. Fuck yer independence ya bastards

Good work booler but I'd suggest that isn't an acceptable answer...

You're a Scottish/British citizen being treated shabbily by a foreign country. The SNP of all people should sympathise in that regard.

I'd press him for a more in-depth reply.

Frankie - This was my initial thoughts also but since both clubs have been fined, the Romanians for their lack of facilities, I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

However, a good point has been made about the fact I am a British Citizen who has been treated in an unnacceptable manner by the authorities of a member EU Country, and since my complaint was about MY treatment as a British Citizen, and not a complaint on behalf of Rangers Football Club, I will be replying to him on this basis.

I also don't see why he has to even mention the fact that Rangers FC were fined as this has absolutely nothing to do with my complaint.

I'll be sending of a reply lster today.

i dont think it was "fair enough" we got fined

it wasnt us who didnt have toilet facilities

it wasnt us who opened only one turnstyle for the entire away support

it wasnt us who didnt provide ample food and drinks

it wasnt us that caused most of the away fans to miss most of the first half after travelling all that way

it wasnt our steward who waved a republican flag at the away support

it wasnt strathclydes finest who bludgeoned the away fans for complaining

why cant a government get involved in this situation

are the football authorities above the law

hhmm

agree. fuck the lot of them :praise:

Good stuff - keep up the good work!

Reply to Reply!

Dear Sir,

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your reply to my complaints.

I would like to know, however, what the "fining" of Rangers Football Club has got to do with my complaint, as I find this a totally irrelevant fact, and has nothing whatsoever to do with my complaint, other than the fact I was in Bucharest as a supporter of the aforementioned club.

I would also point out that my complaint was not made on behalf of Rangers FC, or any other club. It was made on behalf of myself, a British Citizen, who has been very seriously mistreated by the authorties of a member EU State, and it is for this reason that I find your reply to my complaint totally unnacceptable.

I would appreciate it very much if you could look further into my complaint, and let me know what MY Governement are doing about the seriousness of the way one of their Citizens has been treated by the authorities of a fellow EU member state.

I would stress once again, my complaint is about the way I was treated in Bucharest, and has no bearing whatsover on Rangers FC, or any punishment handed out to either Rangers FC or Unirea Urziceni FC.

The fines received by these 2 clubs were for misdemeanours committed by them, whether it be their authorities, members of staff, or supporters of the clubs.

My complaint to you and your Government are about the way I was treated by the authorities of this country, and fines for both of these clubs have no earing whatsoever on this matter.

I wil only be satisfied when I know that my Government have properly investigated this complaint, and given me a proper reply to my concerns.

Kindest Regards