Interesting news

zamba

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye whats happening is turns out Martin Bain has been working undercover for the Daily Retard and he's been leaking all sorts of stuff to the press. And him and Graham Speirs are an evil duo wating til Murray leaves then are going to take over and ban all fans from ibrox for sectarian singing :(

Another thing to take note of is the guy that broke this on FF says that this was months ago this"plot" not a few weeks ago.

What i want to know is why on the eve of a Champions League game?

well this champions league game doesnt really matter we are out of europe anyway

Another thing to take note of is the guy that broke this on FF says that this was months ago this"plot" not a few weeks ago.

What i want to know is why on the eve of a Champions League game?

well this champions league game doesnt really matter we are out of europe anyway

Every game matters,it's Rangers and a win would be fantastic for our co-efficients/seeding.

WALTER SMITH feared Rangers were ready to AXE him before he landed the Double last season.

The gaffer revealed he could have been binned in January as the Ibrox club battled huge debts.

Smith believes the idea of bringing in a cheaper boss was one of a wide range of cost-cutting measures considered by David Murray's firm Murray International Holdings, under pressure from bankers Lloyds.

But Smith dodged the bullet and sealed SPL championship and Scottish Cup wins which eased the cash crisis.

He admitted: "I don't think there is any doubt that my position was being considered in the early part of this year.

"In the majority of situations like this, when a club is being looked at the way ours is, the first thing they look to do is to alleviate a managerial wage.

"The easiest thing in the world for the financial people to do is to cut costs by getting rid of a manager and bringing in someone else on a lesser wage.

"That's the easiest way to make cutbacks and that was probably thought about in the earlier part of the year.

"But from my point of view, there was never a feeling that I wanted to leave."

Smith, 61, survived the cost-cutting purge and took Gers into the cash-rich Champions League.

They'll end a miserable Group G campaign with a meaningless clash against Sevilla tonight.

And Smith led the SPL champs to Spain just 24 hours after it was confirmed he's agreed to work without a contract.

Smith, No 2 Ally McCoist and first-team coach Kenny McDowall will all stay on until a new owner is found.

And the gaffer has revealed the motivation behind his decision not to quit when his current deal expires next month.

Smith said: "On a purely personal basis, the perfect time for me to leave would have been at the end of last season.

Advertisement

"But there is a lot to be handled in these situations. I had to do it at Everton and it's not an easy job.

"Therefore I would have felt I was leaving Alistair and Kenny to deal with that kind of thing and that would not have been right.

"Even if the three of us had got the sack, it would not have been ideal for a new manager to come into the club."

Gers could ease their cash worries by landing prize money of £750,000 by winning tonight.

Ibrox director Donald Muir, whose re-election to the board sparked chaotic scenes at the AGM, flew out with the squad.

Smith said: "It's a game that doesn't really matter apart from the financial aspect of winning a game in the Champions League.

"With the fixtures coming up, this is one we could obviously do without.

"But we hope to salvage some pride."

that is in the sun

Its a really strange story but say its a non story is burrying your head in the sand, there ar 3 points I fail understand here

1, Why does walter break the story before a run of crucial games

2, why did David Murray not know about this

3, is walter staying and braking these stories about banks and coups actualy having a worse effect on the club!

point no 1 there isnt much more to add to, as for point 2, I find it hard to believe that the board can hatch a plan and be about to sack a manager without david murray knowing, as for 3, this is the most important, at the AGM it was widely concieved that we have to stick together right now, work as a team, come through the hard times! but then walter smith goes and blows all that in the water by realesing these crazy non story's for what! does walter smith have his own agenda!

Dont have all the details as yet but there'll be a story into tomorrow's papers about a secret plot within Ibrox to sack Walter Smith.

on follow follow

Story that Ive head is that if King gets control he wants a Scottish manager based in England, Smith has known this for a while and has been using his media pals to spin for him.

Dont have all the details as yet but there'll be a story into tomorrow's papers about a secret plot within Ibrox to sack Walter Smith.

on follow follow

Story that Ive head is that if King gets control he wants a Scottish manager based in England, Smith has known this for a while and has been using his media pals to spin for him.

I am not pretending to be in the know or to be privy to this or that, the rumour and I stress rumour that I am hearing is that it will be Dave King, and Walter wont be manger by the end of January!

And I think Walter is using his friends in the media to spin things his way no doubt about it