Magilton Suspended By QPR

Jimbo.

Manager Jim Magilton suspended by QPR

_46885610_008390529-1.jpg Magilton succeeded Paulo Sousa as QPR manager on 3 April 2009

QPR have suspended manager Jim Magilton with immediate effect, pending an internal investigation. The 40-year-old's suspension relates to an incident that occurred at Vicarage Road, where QPR lost 3-1 to Watford.

QPR have won only one of their last seven matches and the Watford loss followed a 5-1 home defeat by Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Magilton was appointed on 3 June 2009, succeeding Paulo Sousa after the Portuguese had his contract terminated.

EDIT:

Rangers are investigating allegations that Magilton head-butted Hungarian midfielder Akos Buszaky during the 3-1 defeat, an incident which also involved several other Rangers players.

A club statement said: "The club can confirm that manager Jim Magilton has been suspended with immediate effect, pending an internal investigation.

"The suspension relates to an incident which occurred at Monday's Championship fixture against Watford at Vicarage Road.

"The club will be making no further comment at this stage."

Magilton is the second manager this week to be embroiled in a high-profile clash with a player, following Stoke manager Tony Pulis' alleged head butt on James Beattie after the defeat to Arsenal at the weekend

Apparently Magilton has had his hands tied all season and has little influence on team selection. The Raynes Park Queenies absolutely detest Fitz Hall and see Kaspar Gorkss as a much better option; but Magilton has no choice but to play him as he's one of Briatore's favourites.

Rumour I have heard is that Ferguson junior is going to pitch up as manager and I heard that before this incident. I hope the son of old beetroot face does end up there as it seems to be a place that kills off managerial careers for good.

Also heard talk about Sir Stevie Coppell at the helm, but that may be my QPR pal's wishful thinking.