anyone ever wanted to referee?

sneddon

you one of those people that always has a go at the man in the middle for his decisions?

i am :pierre:

as such im starting a referee course on January 11th, soon i will be the focus of your anger :h34rt:

I mind you reffed the first half of RMFC's first ever game at Glasgow Green. Good luck with it mate (tu)

should be pretty good, only £25 then when youve done it you can register to do under 12's etc

RMFC might need a last minute ref too :pierre:

I mind you reffed the first half of RMFC's first ever game at Glasgow Green. Good luck with it mate (tu)

should be pretty good, only £25 then when youve done it you can register to do under 12's etc

RMFC might need a last minute ref too :pierre:

You cant be any worse than some of the ones we get. Good guys but shit refs.

test Q #1

a player hits their own Goal Kick into their own net. Goal, retake or what?

havent started studying it yet, but my believe is that the ball has to leave the 18 yard box from a goal kick

in short, feck knows

i remember a ref my pub side got once - a tough crowd from Belfast .

he must have been just off one of them courses.

had the full kit, and then a refs kitbag with pockets labelled 'red card', 'yellow card', 'whistle' etc :lol:

was about 18 and his dad drove him and watched from the sidelines - which was a good idea as he almost got lynched a few times :lol:

If you complete your referee course, are you capable of going all the way and ref in the SPL?

yea basically

you go to the origonal intro classes for 12 weeks and get an exam then you can start at a younger level, then i think its all about ability and how much time you spend on it, natural progression up the age ranks then eventually amateur and juniors.

thin you work towards grades, then when your grade 1 tou can do professional as far as i know

If you complete your referee course, are you capable of going all the way and ref in the SPL?

yea basically

you go to the origonal intro classes for 12 weeks and get an exam then you can start at a younger level, then i think its all about ability and how much time you spend on it, natural progression up the age ranks then eventually amateur and juniors.

thin you work towards grades, then when your grade 1 tou can do professional as far as i know

Very interesting stuff.

Some of the younger referees these days must start quite young.

yea basically

Very interesting stuff.

Some of the younger referees these days must start quite young.

well the information i got sent out say that the minamum age is 16 so looks like it

A possible question for Sneddon on his future ref test:

Do you have a very thick skull to withstand catcalls, boos, cussing, etc? If you do, explain why you do have a thick skull.

yeai would say i can handle it pretty well, got thick skin, theres nothing anyone can say to me that will unsettle or unnerve me

been playing football for years and have seen the job that they do and recon i can handle the pressure

i just wont tell them i wear glasses :ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...

A mate of mine (John McCrossan) is quite far up in the refereeing structure just now.

Another mate's dad, second name is Crilley (and yes, big Celtic fans), was a linesman and gave us a goal at Ibrox that was three feet offside :lol: