Chris Burke

Jonnyboyrfc

Nice to see chris burke doing well at Cardiff playing regularly and performing regularly.

Another man of the match performance today as Cardiff beat Middlesbrough at the riverside motherfucker

He was ripping the piss out of the full backs the whole game and you have to wonder if maybe we should have kept him? people say we lack width and a real winger.... was he not the answer?

File him in the Barry Ferguson section.

He needed to move away from Ibrox, he was going stale.

Disagree

He was never bloody used, the one game I seen him play last season was when he came on for Novo at Inverness and he set up one of Boyds goals. He was the only one in the squad who could dribble past a player, and still would be now.

Add Charlie Adam to that file - 3 players who looked like their career was haeding down a cul-de-sac at Ibrox, yet manage to hit top form as soon as they move club.

People will say it was right for them to leave but it's still frustrating to see them doing well when they do leave, although I obviously wish them all the best (tu)

Disagree

He was never bloody used, the one game I seen him play last season was when he came on for Novo at Inverness and he set up one of Boyds goals. He was the only one in the squad who could dribble past a player, and still would be now.

Yes and No.

Hindsight is 20:20 and if we kept him and he continued to under-perform we would complaining about how we should not have offered him a new contract - yet we release him, and he hits top form for Cardiff and we look stupid for releasing him on a free.

I think the question we should ask is why so many players do not reach their potential at Rangers...

Guest The Brown Brogue

Disagree

Yes and No.

Hindsight is 20:20 and if we kept him and he continued to under-perform we would complaining about how we should not have offered him a new contract - yet we release him, and he hits top form for Cardiff and we look stupid for releasing him on a free.

I think the question we should ask is why so many players do not reach their potential at Rangers...

Think a lot of players think they have made it when they sign for us or break into the first-team and get conplacent and into a comfort zone. A forced move away then gives them a kick up the arse that makes them refocus their game and attitude.

Nice to see chris burke doing well at Cardiff playing regularly and performing regularly.

Another man of the match performance today as Cardiff beat Middlesbrough at the riverside motherfucker

He was ripping the piss out of the full backs the whole game and you have to wonder if maybe we should have kept him? people say we lack width and a real winger.... was he not the answer?

Tune and a half :pipe:

haha yes it is :sherlock:

Disagree

Yes and No.

Think a lot of players think they have made it when they sign for us or break into the first-team and get conplacent and into a comfort zone. A forced move away then gives them a kick up the arse that makes them refocus their game and attitude.

absolutely (tu) but we need to find a way to let them not take playing for Rangers for granted and for them to have a Novo-like attitude to playing for the club

Disagree

Agree. Never wanted to see him go, personally.

My impression of the last 4 games from the championship that I have seen on tv is that the pace is slow, players get more time on the ball and the skill level is as mediocre as the spl. Players like Rae, Adam and Burke can be regulars in that league whereas in the spl they were closed down too quickly for them to perform.

I hate how we always look at players like Burke and criticise the management for letting them go. They were not performing at Rangers so letting them go was 100% the right decision. What they do when they leave means fuck all. They weren't doing it here.

(tu)

Players like Burke and Adam weren't doing the business for us so we had to ship them off, for their sake as well as ours.

You get the feeling, with Adam in particular, that he needed to be nocked down a level or two for his to actually realise he needs to put effort into it.

I hate how we always look at players like Burke and criticise the management for letting them go. They were not performing at Rangers so letting them go was 100% the right decision. What they do when they leave means fuck all. They weren't doing it here.

agree about the letting them go part

but the fact is that there are 5 players all playing in the championship that came from our club one way or another, and we made a profit of maybe 500k on them all

ffs we PAID OFF burke (defo did) and rae (im sure) just to get them to fuck

shocking at best, criminal at worst