Martin Bain takes 200K pay cut

pessimistic_pete

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, the guy has just taken a £200k pay cut (assuming this is true) and still people say he is earning too much? <cr>

Ok, he has a well paid job but he's just written of £4,000 per week. Ridiculous to complain about the wage he is on now.

in a small bit of defence he does pay 50% tax. wont he? infact, hes prob got a wonderful offshore account.

He'll pay 50% tax on earnings over £150,000. From about £38k up to £150,000 is 40%. Anything below that is normal tax (about 23% I think :unsure: ).

Totally agree, the guys taken a pay cut and you're still slagging him saying he makes too much.

Edit: It's 20% for earnings up to £37,400 - get your personal allowance of £6475 untaxed though.

Seriously though, the guy has just taken a £200k pay cut (assuming this is true) and still people say he is earning too much? <cr>

Ok, he has a well paid job but he's just written of £4,000 per week. Ridiculous to complain about the wage he is on now.

Exactly (tu)

Wonder if Kris Boyd or Nacho Novo would do the same to pledge there future to the club.

Is opinion changing on Mr. Bain?

Mine has, since Murray resigned. I've been impressed with Bain, can't think of anything he's done wrong since.

Same mate, he has been making a lot of the right noises and is standing up for the club and fans. Murray was holding him back :sherlock:

Totally changed my mind on him now, no longer Murray's lap dog and has come out with a few good interviews recently - as I have no clue what he actually does in the running of the club I can't say if his salary is justified or not.

Mine has, since Murray resigned. I've been impressed with Bain, can't think of anything he's done wrong since.

Same mate, he has been making a lot of the right noises and is standing up for the club and fans. Murray was holding him back :sherlock:

Murray was his boss, and he clearly had to 'toe the party line' on a lot of things. Either he has got a lot more freedom now and we are seeing the real Bain, or he is now toeing a different party line. If the latter, I doubt if he'd have taken such a big pay cut. He could find work elsewhere for more than he'll be earning now, that's for sure.

I say well done to him (tu)

Murray was his boss, and he clearly had to 'toe the party line' on a lot of things. Either he has got a lot more freedom now and we are seeing the real Bain, or he is now toeing a different party line. If the latter, I doubt if he'd have taken such a big pay cut. He could find work elsewhere for more than he'll be earning now, that's for sure.

I say well done to him (tu)

I do think we are seeing the real Martin Bain now, and he seems to be doing a good job. This pay cut is a fantastic gesture from him and it clearly shows his commiment to the club in these difficult times. Good on him (tu)