Neil Alexander - Happy where I am

Muff

NEIL ALEXANDER has reiterated his desire to remain at Rangers - and admits he'd love to finish his career at Ibrox.

The goalkeeper was reported today as being on the verge of quitting the club next month because of a lack of first-team opportunities after he spoke to the press on Saturday.

But he insists nothing could be further from the truth and he's desperate to stay with the Light Blues and fight for a place in Walter Smith's team.

Alexander concedes he would have to reassess his options if he was unable to displace Allan McGregor from the team.

But he's adamant that doesn't translate into a wish to move on and he'd far rather be in Glasgow for the long term.

Alexander said: "I was a bit disappointed with some of the headlines I saw this morning although most of the articles themselves were fine.

"One of the reporters said something to me which I took as a joke so I laughed about it and made a comment which has been taken as a quote.

"I'm not the type to take anything out on my wife or kids as has been suggested and people who know me appreciate that. My home life and football are separate.

"I'm very keen to stay at Rangers and I have absolutely no desire to leave whatsoever. I'd love to stay here for the rest of my career if possible.

"I'm obviously at an age where I'd like to be playing first-team football and that's the point I was trying to get across when I spoke a couple of days ago.

"I've been fortunate to play in more games than I expected to when I signed and I've won a lot of silverware.

"I'm very grateful for those opportunities and it would be great to stay here with Rangers and win more."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1904730

:clap: :clap:

Alexander is a model professional. Got nothing but admiration for the way he conducts himself

(tu)

Saw that sky sports yesterday were saying he wanted to leave. Funny how all the mhedia seem to be trying to sell our players. eg, i heared charlie nick (:wanker:) say that bougie is such a fantastic player that he shud be snapped up as soon as possible as rangers need the money.

Good news.

Some people take Neil Alexander for granted because we have Allan McGregor but we are extremely lucky to have, IMO, the two best GK in Scotland.

Neil Alexander has never let Rangers down. A top class professional and someone who I would have no problem with stepping in.

I didn't twist his words in my thread title with that interview, if someone else had posted his interview then I could imagine they may have just posted that paper's headline :)

I agree with other Neil Comments, a good and an excellent Goalie.

I didn't twist his words in my thread title, if someone else had posted his interview then they may have just posted that paper's headline :)

I love how always point out the fact that you dont just copy the newspaper headline Boabsy. :lol:

Like it means you go halfsies on kudos with the author of the article.

'Yes, Keith Jackson interviewed Ally, but I feel my headline gave a truer reflection of what was really said' :lol:

I didn't twist his words in my thread title, if someone else had posted his interview then they may have just posted that paper's headline :)

I love how always point out the fact that you dont just copy the newspaper headline Boabsy. :lol:

'Yes, Keith Jackson interviewed Ally, but I feel my headline gave a truer reflection of what was really said' :lol:

I don't have much of a problem in that bit haha, good banter and on its way to being true, but don't call me Boabsy.

Boab or Robert or Roberto if you want to be more cultured, please :)

I don't have much of a problem in that bit haha, good banter and on its way to being true, but don't call me Boabsy.

Boab or Robert or Roberto if you want to be more cultured, please :)

Your wish is my command Roberto.

:pierre:

He was superb tonight. Once again never let us down. The only thing that annoyed me about him was when he failed to spot Naismith bursting down the right, after he game him a shout for about 20 seconds, but that's me just being nit-picky.

His handling, organisation, and distribution was outstanding. Once again he put's in a terrific performance, and another clean sheet for him and the team.

Model professional, cracking keeper, and I hope he remain's at the club for the rest of his career.