Jerome Rothen - £15K a week wasted

mark1963

have we actually ever had a good french player or even anyone from france? :anguish:

Jean Boumsong, Jean Claude Darcheville, Gregory Vignal, Brahim Hemdani were all French or came from Ligue 1 and were good players for us

They were alright but theres been a fair few Rodriguez, Charbonnier, Cousin, Clement, Ponroy, Stanger, Namouchi, N'Guessan, Letizi, Boli, Guivarch and them you said Jean Boumsong, Jean Claude Darcheville, Gregory Vignal, Brahim Hemdani + Rothen and maybe more out the lot only Boumsong and Hemdani I would say were any good. Le Guen aswell :anguish: fuck the french :ph34r:

have we actually ever had a good french player or even anyone from france? :anguish:

Jean Boumsong, Jean Claude Darcheville, Gregory Vignal, Brahim Hemdani were all French or came from Ligue 1 and were good players for us

They were alright but theres been a fair few Rodriguez, Charbonnier, Cousin, Clement, Ponroy, Stanger, Namouchi, N'Guessan, Letizi, Boli, Guivarch and them you said Jean Boumsong, Jean Claude Darcheville, Gregory Vignal, Brahim Hemdani + Rothen and maybe more out the lot only Boumsong and Hemdani I would say were any good. Le Guen aswell :anguish: fuck the french :ph34r:

A bit unfair on big Cousin, yes he was a moody bastard but on his day he was quite a player. Letizi however, was pure :anguish:

Looked for more there FanFan aswell :anguish: we had a guy Kalenga at the same time as Namouchi. Think we should wipe france of the transfer map in future Boumsong got us a few bob but we must have lost millions buying french players from french teams

Hindsights a fantastic thing, there was not many dissenting voices when he signed, i was also in the majority thinking we had a coup, he turned out a coo.

Exactly mate. There wasn't too many people upset by Rothen's signing. Just one of those things and we move on