BBC 'Only an Excuse'

Ace

I am not usually one to go off on a rant about things like this but when are the BBC gointo stop Tony Roper using this Tv show to push his own, clearly biased, point of view.

sketches which slighted the Rangers fans in Unirea are beyond the pale.

This show is supposed to take a light hearrted look at WHOLE of Scottish football, not just look at one club in financial trouble (while ignore tha others in an actual worse situation i.e. hearts, killie etc).

Roper now regularly uses this show to push mopery ideals and viewpoint to the nation and it shoulb be stopped.

Also, it is just an awful Tv show now, the sketches aren't even funny any more.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't as funny as it used to be be but it is still light hearted, there is no agenda. Jonathan Watson is a bluenose for fucksake! Why rip the piss out of hearts and Killlie, they are not as big a target.

Unfunny embarrassing pish.... but didn't feel it was biased against one or other of the Rangers or Celtic... surely this run of Hogmanay programs has had its day??

Does anyone even remember who Frank McAvennie is?

You must realise that the BBC is a leftist ane elitist organization. The apparatchiks in Scotland tend to have an insular and anti Protestant (indigenous) agenda in favour of the Irish Catholic immigrants. This is what happens when you have those in charge who demean the majority's culture and the fickle stand for it! Wake up! It has now become institutional and discriminatory.

My missus - who knows nothing about football - said "do they not like Rangers?" during it. She thought it was clearly biased against us.

This discussion is going nowhere, Tony Roper has nothing to do with Only An Excuse anymore. It's Jonathan Watson and Phil Differ.

Anyway, monobrow sellick fan, Tony Monkeyheid, Macca and Strachan clips make up for the jokes against us.

It's only humour for fucks sake!

My missus - who knows nothing about football - said "do they not like Rangers?" during it. She thought it was clearly biased against us.

This discussion is going nowhere, Tony Roper has nothing to do with Only An Excuse anymore. It's Jonathan Watson and Phil Differ.

Anyway, monobrow sellick fan, Tony Monkeyheid, Macca and Strachan clips make up for the jokes against us.

We said, i think some on here are becoming terrifyingly mopish.

The last few years we have seen more and more digs at Rangers and the fans from this over rated well past its sell by date show. I thought last year was bad but this year takes the biscuit. It's getting more blatant each year.

I don't think it's up to Jonathon Watson what the content of the show is.

There must be a couple of generation of fans wondering what the hell it's all about.

Shockingly boring and unfunny!

They must be laughing on the other side of their faces right enough, after some of the jokes backfired......especially the Kenny Miller one.....idiots!!

They make sketches on the biggest stories of the year and Rangers have had the 3 biggest stories of the year. Boozegate, money trouble , and Bucharest. Lets not turn into a bunch of mopes, its light hearted fun. If you cant laugh at yourself life really isn't up to much - taking things too seriously Ace.

I thought the Rangers Charity Appeal was brilliant.

wee chick in romania was good

Aye, was that it just that, the Charity appeal thing and the boggie/miller conference?

We said, i think some on here are becoming terrifyingly mopish.

This (tu) but the subo sketch was a belter.

Can't agree with the suggestion of any bias in the show. It is only a comedy (albeit not very funny nowadays) show. Thought the Subo bit and Frankie boy sketches were good especially the jungle celebrity bit about the dangerous snake!