That 'fucking goal' - Fortune

dummiesoot

Watched again and again, Greegs is a mile slow but fortune does knock his hand away - if that type of contact was up the other end you'd be looking for a penalty - soft yes, and greegs was shit but a foul none the less.

Laffert ? joke should have been off the park and we would not have missed him!

On another note, how many times did Fortune get away with leaping up with both hands, yet Boyd got climbed all over regularly and ahd fouls given against him?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

was a goal, we were lucky 2 get away with that 1

more lucky to get away with Lafferty and his tackle imo. There is no doubt goalies are over protected but as I said if similar contact is made up the other end on a forward you are looking for a pen!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8436131.stm

"However, referee Steve Conroy ruled that the striker had led with the arm as he challenged McGregor to a miss-hit McGeady volley that flew high into the air.

Conroy appeared to have got that call right despite the resulting anger from the home support, but he was too lenient 11 minutes later when only producing a yellow card after Lafferty lunged dangerously, studs-first into Hinkel's shin. "

i actually dont think it was a goal. We all know goalkeepers are too well protected but thats the rules and by the rules of the game fortune fouled mcgregor. Soft yes but if he hadnt fouled him mcgregor would have caught the ball. Boruc got a free kick for next to nothing at the other end. keepers are too well protected but thats life. Winding that lot up something shocking though, its great.

Watched again and again, Greegs is a mile slow but fortune does knock his hand away - if that type of contact was up the other end you'd be looking for a penalty - soft yes, and greegs was shit but a foul none the less.

On another note, how many times did Fortune get away with leaping up with both hands, yet Boyd got climbed all over regularly and ahd fouls given against him?

This was driving me mad. The referee gave us fuck all today. That was never a goal McGregor should have done better but he was fouled.

i actually dont think it was a goal. We all know goalkeepers are too well protected but thats the rules and by the rules of the game fortune fouled mcgregor. Soft yes but if he hadnt fouled him mcgregor would have caught the ball. Boruc got a free kick for next to nothing at the other end. keepers are too well protected but thats life. Winding that lot up something shocking though, its great.

Spot on assessment.

I agree. I instantly thought of Sol Campbell's "goal" in France '98. I think it was against Argentina.

No goal. Clear foul.

As for Lafferty, it did look bad in the replay, but he was going for the ball and did try to pull out of the challenge.

This was driving me mad. The referee gave us fuck all today. That was never a goal McGregor should have done better but he was fouled.

I agree with almost all of that, but Lafferty didn't deserve red.

I agree with almost all of that, but Lafferty didn't deserve red.

It was a pretty horrible tackle, maybe not a red but not far off it.

From what I have managed to see;

1. Fortune's right arm clearly knocks McGregor's left out of the way and prohibits the keeper from catching the ball. Clear foul. Keeper's are far too protected, but it was a foul as far as the rules go.

2. McDonald would have little to moan about if his goal was chopped off for offside. Very close.

3. Never saw Lafferty's tackle, but I hope to fuck he meant it. He should have saved it for that retard Robson however.

4. Big Jock Knew.