Kyle Lafferty

BEE

He looks totally clueless a lot of the time, maybe he is unfamiliar will the role he is being asked to play but that does not excuse his inabiltiy to do the basics. That shot from an impossible angle yesterday was beyond belief 3 of our players were in the box waiting for a cross and he smashes a shot??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks totally clueless a lot of the time, maybe he is unfamiliar will the role he is being asked to play but that does not excuse his inabiltiy to do the basics. That shot from an impossible angle yesterday was beyond belief 3 of our players were in the box waiting for a cross and he smashes a shot??

He has played that role for a large part of his career, I would hope that any unfamiliarity would have been long gone otherwise he wouldnt play there at all

His tackle on Hinkel was a shocker, and it should have been a red card, which would have resulted in us being down to 10 men. The referee got it completely wrong, and luckily for us, never sent him off.

People are slagging Kenny Miller for getting sent off for a so-called punch and kick, what's different about Lafferty, apart from not getting sent off?

The thing that annoy's me with Lafferty is that he goes into challenges like that every so often, yet once he's on the ball, and someone gives him the slightest of nudges, he falls over like he's been shot, and makes a complete and utter arse of himself - it's cheating, and we have seen it far too many times from him.

If you go to games, and watch his movement, then you will see how lazy he is at times. Ally McCoist is constantly on at him from the touchline to get his arse in gear, and yesterday Broadfoot, McCulloch and Boyd all had a go at him for not closing down, and helping out on a few occassions. Boyd was running about trying to close down both Loovens and Caldwell, and Lafferty was walking, just ball watching.

He wasn't good enough whilst at Burnley, and he isn't good enough now. He has not improved one bit since signing for Rangers, and although he is played out on the left - where he has probably played out there on over 90 appearances through-out his career, is complete and utterly useless. Then you move him uptop, and his understanding with Boyd is completely non-existant. Instead of looking for a simple pass, he goes for a hollywood shot, which he usually wastes. He very rarely makes the right runs, fails to lift his head, get the ball for inbetween his feet....

And don't give me the 'he does it for Northern Ireland' bullshit, it's Rangers that matter, not Northern Ireland!

saw Kyle's tackle for the first time

how that wasn't a red I'll never know...embarrassing that one of our players could go in with such a potentially leg breaking challenge as that

Um? I take it you mean because he didnt actually manage to break the leg?

Kicking the piss out of the t**** doesnt embarass me in the slightest, especially when we get away with it! Ian Ferguson made a career out of it ;)

I think it's thuggish outlaw, I expected better of you.

And extremely harsh on Ferguson to say that he made a career out of solely kicking Celtic players, he was far better than that.

So far, Lafferty's made a career out of four good peformance for Northern Ireland, a dive against Aberdeen and that horrific tackle yesterday. As I said, I won't shed any tears for a T***, but I don't expect a Rangers player to carry themselves as Lafferty does.

Condoning it is just as bad.

There's going in hard and then there's going in high on a planted leg. Lafferty was lucky to get a yellow. If the ref had missed it totally then he'd be looking at 3 match ban.

He's also that much of a fairy that he couldn't even injure Hinkel :pipe:

haha that was cheeky! Hidden text? tut tut

defending in what way mate?

I thought you would like it :craphead:

Just another cheeky way of saying not completely writing him off yet.

Whilst retaining credibility? :D

Good plan, I should have thought of that

I wish I could find something positive to say about him, however when you think about what he has done for us since hes been here theres not a lot you can say that will justify his price and his so called football qualities. I believe he is actually a decent player but I still dont think hes rangers class. He never chases the ball if and when he losses it and to think the money hes on, id rather we signed Boyd u on a new contract than give money to this so called player. Anyway the reason I think WS signed him was because Strachan wanted him so badly!

He's not a lost cause yet.

His form at the end of last season, and on international duty shows their is a player in there somewhere. However he needs to buck up his idea's and attitude. I get the impression Lafferty, at just 21yrs of age and a couple of million in the bank, thinks he's made it. Maybe he has financially, but certainly not as a sportsman. If he wants to keep up this lifestyle and earnings.... he better buck up

He's almost 23, and has been playing first team football since the age of 16, along with currently playing for the club he supports.

The only terrible thing about the tackle he made was that it hinkel got back up and tha it was'nt mcgayday

lafferty has played terrible since the aberdeen game and thats why davie weir had to get him told

the dundee united game aswell he was non-excistant although we won 7-1 and ally mccoist had to get tore into him from the side line

but if he does find form and prove me wrong then i'll take it all back but until then

He has played that role for a large part of his career, I would hope that any unfamiliarity would have been long gone otherwise he wouldnt play there at all

Didnt realise that, he is just pish then.

he did pretty well to get the corner that led to our equaliser. Lets get behind the lad and give him some confidence rather than criticise him,

I believe he will come good.

500k a year should give him plenty of confidence, the lads a muppet and shouldn't be anywhere near that starting bench. We've all seen enough in the last year and I'd rather see Fleck or Ness get a real chance in that wide position. Even Mcculloch is more adaptable than him so it's not the coaching that's the problem, iys the idiot with that bloody stupid haircut.

:uk: he will come good ,lafferty is still learning the game ;but he needs too cut out these bad tackles

:uk: we could have been down to ten men and lost the game but the ref#lethim off the hook.

Or bottled it.

:anguish: Thinks he's made it? Look at me in my Bentley? The guys a professional footballer and is on big wages playing for the team he supported as a boy. Would you prefer he was driving about in a Corsa?

With regards to the tackle, by all means go in hard... However that tackle was stupidity and could very very easily of left us with 10 men with 3/4's of the game remaining.

It's one thing going in hard, it's quite another going in stupid. It was luck on his part that the ref bottled the red card/or never seen it correct after only 20-25 mins, most other days he wouldn't of got away with that tackle and would of left us playing uphill for 70 odd minutes.

If the tackle was that bad, how come the cunt seemed to play on no bother?

Lafferty is still so far from being the inished article for me. he has flashes of great talent and technique but this is so often overshadowed by either lunacy or frustrting lack of vision form him.

For me he is generally far too slow to get his head up and find a pass. He is also always too close to controversy with yesterday's shocking takcle and the incident v Aberdeen last season.

I don;t think he is being played in his natural position up top which probably doesn't help bring out the best in him but even in a forward role, I'm yet to see anything form him that makes me think he shou;d be given a shot up front

Totally disagree with the slagging this boy is getting on here. I can't fault the boy for too many things he did today apart from that woeful shot from outside the box. His offensive game wasn't too good but he put in a hard defensive shift. Granted he hasn't justified his price tag but he's still a young boy and I fully expect him to come good in time. Lafferty is not a winger and is not the type of player to take the ball past two or three players - but talk of selling him is laughable. If we sold him now do you think we'd get anywhere near what we payed? Mark my words the boy will come good in a few seasons, I severely doubt you were all saying the like when he scored the first goal against Dundee United when we won the league. Rant over :pierre:

Edit: Infact, rant back on. You were all hoping Broadfoot or Jig would go in with a nasty challenge at the start of the game to shut the tims up, but when Lafferty does it it's a disgrace. Saying, 'he could of broken his leg' etc. - am I on RM here or kerry dale street? I could care less if he had broke the players leg. Rant over now.

Lets be honest we would have been baying for green blood if it had been McGeady on Boyd it was a disgusting challenge it was either lazy stupid or talentless its not something I want to see any Rangers player doing we are better than that and its also not the first time he has done something stupid Aberdeen game anybody the question is does he do it because he is lazy stupid or talentless if so do we want him wearing our shirt? And if so what is a good reason one we would be happy to accept.