US Goalie to have trial with Rangers

TexasGers

Steven Goff, who reports on the US National Team, MLS, and the game in the US for the Washington Post posted this on his twitter (http://twitter.com/SoccerInsider) earlier,

Notre Dame goalkeeper Andrew Quinn will have a one-week trial with Glasgow Rangers this month, according to his father

I can't say I've ever heard of this guy, but here's his bio, http://www.und.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/quinn_andrew00.html

Did we not take someone Lapira on trial from them a couple of seasons ago?

Yep- Joseph Lapira, he's currently tearing it up in the Norwegian 2nd Division

Ahh glamour :pierre:

On his way to the top obviously

:pierre:

"Lapira is a full international for the Republic of Ireland. He qualifies for the Republic by virtue of his Irish mother, and came to the attention of former Irish boss Steve Staunton. He gained a cap for Ireland on May 23, 2007 against Ecuador, becoming the first amateur player to play for Ireland since Willie Browne in 1964."

"Lapira is a full international for the Republic of Ireland. He qualifies for the Republic by virtue of his Irish mother, and came to the attention of former Irish boss Steve Staunton. He gained a cap for Ireland on May 23, 2007 against Ecuador, becoming the first amateur player to play for Ireland since Willie Browne in 1964."

well their goes that myth RFC never try and sign ROI players :ohmy:

Wow. Ironic that he is coming to Rangers for a trial. Not only did he go to Notre Dame, but Dematha is one of the biggest Catholic high schools in the US. I followed him a little when he was there since my nephew played against him, but I didn't see him at all at ND. He was highly touted back then.