*****Milan vs Celtic thread*****

Dan Deacon

To be fair, Celtic had a good run. I have no problem with that. Some of you will disagree with me, no doubt, but it can only good for Scottish Football's image. I stand up for that.

It is Coop, its great for Scottish football reputation in Europe. But when we win the UEFA cup we will enhance it more B)

We will for sure J !!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the highlights on stv just now it sums up the game. All the highlights were milan, only poor finishing and some great stops from boruc gave celtic hope. And hope is all it was, going forward they were very very poor. They were not impressive imo, and if it were not for boruc it would have been embarrassing for them.

Guest greengrass
iIF Milan can find thier shooting boots , i wouldnt be surprised at all if they made the final (again) or even win it ... thats the class they are.

Is that a roundabout way of saying that if Milan had their shooting boots on, Celtic would have got a good pumping tonight? I was working and couldn't get to watch it, but someone said they had 34 attempts at goal?

well not really but they did dominated possesion again as expected , we had a few half chances possible penalty claim , and never took them at all ,, they had a right few chances and took 1 that was the diffrence.. boruc helped us aye with a couple of world class saves , but boruc done what boruc do. at the end of the day.

as i said weeks ago hes the poty... and SHOULD defoo win it after some Cl permormances.

possible penalty claim

To be fair, 2 definate penalties. Bet you Milan would of got them. If that was Rangers that had the 2 claims I'd be raging!

Take Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo and Gatusso out that Milan team and they are p*sh!

well done in getting there, dont expect scottish teams to get much further, we just cant compete with top teams, i wont say i wanted you to go through, infact i wanted you to get pumped in every game...ill say it again well done to you lot getting there. ;)

possible penalty claim

To be fair, 2 definate penalties. Bet you Milan would of got them. If that was Rangers that had the 2 claims I'd be raging!

milan are p*sh anyway to be honest, since shevchenko left they are nothing

Thought Strachan f*cked up with his selection and subs as well. Gravesen should of started ahead of Jarosik and Miller should of been on long before he got on!

Impressed with McManus and the young lad O' Dea.

Guest greengrass
Thought Strachan f*cked up with his selection and subs as well. Gravesen should of started ahead of Jarosik and Miller should of been on long before he got on!

he tried to keep things on a level i guess and not concede early doors ,, then sling on miller and gravesen late on , to put some pace into the side at a later stage , but i wudda started gravesen instead of jarosik as u said as he did nothing really.

gravesen looked more likely when he came on ,, and possibly could do something similar to the first leg.

he tried to keep things on a level i guess and not concede early doors ,, then sling on miller and gravesen late on , to put some pace into the side at a later stage , but i wudda started gravesen instead of jarosik as u said as he did nothing really.

Still of brought Miller on earlier. Even if Milan had scored, celtic could of equalised and then Milan would of had to score. Strachan could of changed tactics. Miller would of run at that defence, chased everything and been a pain.

possible penalty claim

2 Definate penalties?? doh

1 Definate penalty, 1 cheating dive for a penalty would be more appropriate..

Tipsy

Guest greengrass

i guess it will just have to be your turn to win tomorrow then (tu)

1-0 Milan after ET ( at san siro ) over 2 legs.

no shame here.

just put us further on the map if anything.

the old scots mentality again fight , and never say die attitude goes a long way to prove them wrong.

at all things considered weve actually proved were good enough to be there.

that will do for me.

and we strenghten in the summer again to try and push on again to succeed at the highest level.

possible penalty claim

Tipsy

Dont agree, hand ball and Nakamura had the ball on the other side of him and the defender when he challenged him. As I said earlier, had that been Rangers we'd of been screaming for 2 penalties and complained all night and tomorrow.

The dive of Nakamura was pathetic, he got hit but not hard at all.

The handball might have been a penalty, but I don't think the Milan-player did it intentional.

Still happy to see them get knocked out :Animation44:

possible penalty claim

Tipsy

Dont agree, hand ball and Nakamura had the ball on the other side of him and the defender when he challenged him. As I said earlier, had that been Rangers we'd of been screaming for 2 penalties and complained all night and tomorrow.

I'd have never screamed for the second penalty claim... Nakamura went down far too easy. What about Milans penalty claim? Thought that one was a stonewaller compared to Nakamura's dive!

Remember Nakamura dived against Copenhagen to con a penalty and win the game, once a cheat... always a cheat! :angry2:

Tipsy

Milan's was outside the box, hence the free-kick in which they hit the wall with. Nakamura cut the ball on to his left peg, the ball was on the other side of him and the defender, the guy nugged him and he fell over. Not a dive but the touch took him down. If it was a dive then the ref should of booked Nakamura and awarded a free-kick.

no shame here.

the old scots mentality again fight , and never say die goes a long way to prove them wrong.

that will do for me.

and we strenghten in the summer again to try and push on again to succeed at the highest level.

Proved your good enough to be there?? <_<

Never won an away tie in the champions league, 10 goals against in the last 4 away CL games... CL, your havin a laugh!! (clap)

Tipsy.

Guest greengrass

how anyone can say Milan are pish is beyond me ., if not there points deduction they would be sitting 3rd at the moment/

and lets not forget roma in lyon last night eh.

the tallys always show thier class , theyre there or thereabouts every year , be it milan , inter or whoever that is a fact of football sadly.

Guest greengrass

no shame here.

the old scots mentality again fight , and never say die goes a long way to prove them wrong.

that will do for me.

Never won an away tie in the champions league, 10 goals against in the last 4 away CL games... CL, your havin a laugh!! (clap)

Tipsy.

9 points x 3. thru once.

7 points x 1 ??

giezz peace.

Milan's was outside the box, hence the free-kick in which they hit the wall with. Nakamura cut the ball on to his left peg, the ball was on the other side of him and the defender, the guy nugged him and he fell over. Not a dive but the touch took him down. If it was a dive then the ref should of booked Nakamura and awarded a free-kick.

So shoulder-to-shoulder challenges aren't allowed now?

Defenders strength was too much for the "best player in Scotland" to deal with.... and he went down like a fairy!

Anyway, they are out... Good to see the real FOOTBALL teams get through. :king:

Tipsy.

how anyone can say Milan are pish is beyond me ., if not there points deduction they would be sitting 3rd at the moment/

the tallys always show thier class , theyre there or thereabouts every year , be it milan , inter or whoever that is a fact of football sadly.

When Celtic drew Milan, EVERYBODY (Celtic fans, Media, Newpapers, ex-players etc) said.........the best possible draw, Milan are in turmoil and are a very poor side. Possibly the easiest tie Celtic could have got.

Every phone in was hot.....Celtic will score 2 or 3 at home, Take the game to them etc etc. Fans even went on about how Celtic might even look at getting to the quarters, semis etc

After that game, it all changed. Milan are a good team, we always knew that......Blah blah blah

Then tonight.........Milan could go to the final, Maybe even win it.

Guest greengrass
7 points ??

Liverpool got out the group stages with 7 points and went on to win the competition. Didn't hear anyone complaining then!!!!

your not liverpool tho ??

what happened ? :rolleyes:

we beat liverpool in the uefa the same team the year previous .

Guest greengrass

When Celtic drew Milan, EVERYBODY (Celtic fans, Media, Newpapers, ex-players etc) said.........the best possible draw, Milan are in turmoil and are a very poor side. Possibly the easiest tie Celtic could have got.

Every phone in was hot.....Celtic will score 2 or 3 at home, Take the game to them etc etc. Fans even went on about how Celtic might even look at getting to the quarters, semis etc

After that game, it all changed. Milan are a good team, we always knew that......Blah blah blah

Then tonight.........Milan could go to the final, Maybe even win it.

its AC Milan .. 7 times winners i saide before the 1st tie no one was kidding me , if u dont give them respect or think they can win it at any time , regardless of anyone says , theyre good , theyre great , theyre bad , then you are clearly deluded.imo

no shame here.

that will do for me.

Tipsy.

9 points x 3. thru once.

7 points x 1 ??

giezz peace.

Difference is, we didn't get beaten away from home 2 out of 3!

Why don't you give US peace and admit that your away record in the CL is a joke!!

We were put out on away goals, sellick were put out 1-0 on agg!! (harhar)

Tipsy.

7 points ??

Liverpool got out the group stages with 7 points and went on to win the competition. Didn't hear anyone complaining then!!!!

your not liverpool tho ??

what happened ? :rolleyes:

we beat liverpool in the uefa the same team the year previous .

Same thing tho.

You beat Liverpool in 2003 and it was not the same team that won the Champions League, it wasn't even the same manager!

Notice how you have edited that tho!!!