"A H*ns a H*n for a' that"

mccoist355

Well don't watch BBC then, just as people advise don't buy the Rhags. :lol:

Thing is, if you don't buy the rhags, they don't get your money. If you watch TV other than the BBC, the BBC still get your money...

The whole point is that's your choice. I miss a lot of programs since I don't pay for cable, my choice. You can watch TV programs on your PC or laptop etc., if you choose. I have heard of people mentioning 1690 on TV too out of context. The BBC reporters are probably on here in fits of laughter planning their next wind up. If folks that are offended want to do something about it I have no problem with that but I do have a problem with folks trying to shove their opinion down my throat.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, if you don't buy the rhags, they don't get your money. If you watch TV other than the BBC, the BBC still get your money...

The whole point is that's your choice. I miss a lot of programs since I don't pay for cable, my choice. You can watch TV programs on your PC or laptop etc., if you choose. I have heard of people mentioning 1690 on TV too out of context. The BBC reporters are probably on here in fits of laughter planning their next wind up. If folks that are offended want to do something about it I have no problem with that but I do have a problem with folks trying to shove their opinion down my throat.

I would agree its about choice, in so much as the bbc is outdated, and, irrelevant due to cable and satelite tv, however, they still charge everyone with a TV (apart from the clever/pedantic people who have sky block the BBC channels, then no licence fee!). You dont see this discrimination against creed, colour, sex, sexual orientation at all, apart from ONE group. For me, thats the thing thats wrong. Replace the word "H**" with Faggot, or N******, or, Fat cow, retard, Paki, etc etc and, would this have been allowed on air? Its a simple answer, and, thats the point, really is.

I would agree its about choice, in so much as the bbc is outdated, and, irrelevant due to cable and satelite tv, however, they still charge everyone with a TV (apart from the clever/pedantic people who have sky block the BBC channels, then no licence fee!). You dont see this discrimination against creed, colour, sex, sexual orientation at all, apart from ONE group. For me, thats the thing thats wrong. Replace the word "H**" with Faggot, or N******, or, Fat cow, retard, Paki, etc etc and, would this have been allowed on air? Its a simple answer, and, thats the point, really is.

All these words that bring offence and still this site allows the use of the 'C' word - good job I dont need a licence fee for here or I'd have to protest about paying it, while still paying it!

BTW: I also think its a simple answer, its just we disagree on what the 'simple' answer is. I say relax and laugh about it and it will soon go away - you say (and I use a strawman paraphrase approach here) 'lets get all huffy and offended and paranoic' about it (although as Churchill once said, 'Just because I am paranoid it does not mean the bstards are not out to get me') :craphead:

I am a woman that grew up in the UK so I can tell you plenty about discrimination.

Do you ever read some of the threads on this site there's a lot more offensive things said on here? I for one, have been called worse names on here than a H**. So the point is that it happens all round and it's up to us to change it, not just at the BBC.

All these words that bring offence and still this site allows the use of the 'C' word - good job I dont need a licence fee for here or I'd have to protest about paying it, while still paying it!

BTW: I also think its a simple answer, its just we disagree on what the 'simple' answer is. I say relax and laugh about it and it will soon go away - you say (and I use a strawman paraphrase approach here) 'lets get all huffy and offended and paranoic' about it (although as Churchill once said, 'Just because I am paranoid it does not mean the bstards are not out to get me') :craphead:

Major paraphrasing!!

Not about being paranoid, huffy or offended, more about maintaining a level playing field and fighting the side of equality ;)

Major paraphrasing!!

Not about being paranoid, huffy or offended, more about maintaining a level playing field and fighting the side of equality ;)

Do you not find it depressing that BP9 still doesn't get the point?

Not really. :)

Major paraphrasing!!

That equality bit - is that the old 'They do it so we should do it to argument' ? If so, by your high standards, its a kind of weak argument - sort of 'Lets get as offended as them' (more pharaphrasing!).

Major paraphrasing!!

That equality bit - is that the old 'They do it so we should do it to argument' ? If so, by your high standards, its a kind of weak argument - sort of 'Lets get as offended as them' (more pharaphrasing!).

may I direct you to somewhere that defines the word equality? ;)

No it doesnt, its the exact opposite, what is happening, is, nobody is doing it apart from "them", so, "they" should stop.

Major paraphrasing!!

Do you not find it depressing that BP9 still doesn't get the point?

I do understand your argument - I just dont agree with you, which is compltely different from not getting the point!

Major paraphrasing!!

No it doesnt, its the exact opposite, what is happening, is, nobody is doing it apart from "them", so, "they" should stop.

Excellent - I am glad you see it that way and not the 'lets do it cause they do it' approach, an argument I hear on this forum. Unfortunately we still disagree on whether H** is offensive and how to tackle any real or percieved 'inequality' (and so the argumment spirals around)

However having read 'contacts' excellent Malawi Blogs, especially the last one, I am starting to wonder whether I need to devote my energies to something a bit meatier. Thus, for a while, I am taking a passsive stance on this issue and going to move on from this thread.

Major paraphrasing!!

Excellent - I am glad you see it that way and not the 'lets do it cause they do it' approach, an argument I hear on this forum. Unfortunately we still disagree on whether H** is offensive and how to tackle any real or percieved 'inequality' (and so the argumment spirals around)

However having read 'contacts' excellent Malawi Blogs, especially the last one, I am starting to wonder whether I need to devote my energies to something a bit meatier. Thus, for a while, I am taking a passsive stance on this issue and going to move on from this thread.

I'll just take the stance that, the law says it is, so, should be straightforward, specially for a law abiding citizen like myself ;)

ps, you tackle it, by ensuring other people dont use it :P

I cant comment on the Malawi thing without sounding heartless haha. Charity begins at home for me

If certain posters can't bring constructive points to this debate then they should leave this thread for people who wish to do so.

Cancelling the TV License is NOT an option and i won't even get in to the stupidity of that suggestion.

I personally couldn't give 2 fu*ks what names i am called at a football match or in the media so long as ALL fans and ALL teams are subjected to the same treatment.

However, this whole tit for tat scenario only arose after MOPE's and their media chums decided to target Rangers and the fans and NO ONE ELSE.

Celtic Football Club issued a directive stating that employees could be sacked for using the H word

The PSNI declared the H word Sectarian when used in such context

The BBC have promised on more than 1 occasion that they would desist from using the H word gratuitously and they have not.

If certain people want to demonise the Rangers support and the songs we sing then it is up to US to take the fight to them and stop turning the other cheek.Pandering to bullies only gets you bullied even more.Some Rangers fans would do well to remember that and see this issue as more than just taking "offence" at a silly little word - H**.

If certain posters can't bring constructive points to this debate then they should leave this thread for people who wish to do so.

Cancelling the TV License is NOT an option and i won't even get in to the stupidity of that suggestion.

I personally couldn't give 2 fu*ks what names i am called at a football match or in the media so long as ALL fans and ALL teams are subjected to the same treatment.

However, this whole tit for tat scenario only arose after MOPE's and their media chums decided to target Rangers and the fans and NO ONE ELSE.

Celtic Football Club issued a directive stating that employees could be sacked for using the H word

The BBC have promised on more than 1 occasion that they would desist from using the H word gratuitously and they have not.

If certain people want to demonise the Rangers support and the songs we sing then it is up to US to take the fight to them and stop turning the other cheek.Pandering to bullies only gets you bullied even more.Some Rangers fans would do well to remember that and see this issue as more than just taking "offence" at a silly little word - H**.

Please let me draw your attention to the thread title "Our license fee paying for slurs of Bears again" so the argument I use is valid and in the spirit of the OP. I stayed out of this thread for a good while till it turned to lets berate people who don't agree with you, as has many of the threads recently. There's no need to shout and I probably would respect your opinion if it was expressed in a manner befitting to your obvious intelligence. By all means debate the issue and take it up with the BBC and Parliment and get something done about it. People on here can read as well as you and make there own minds up to take action or not. Please take your own advice.

At last - someone actually discussing the issue with some common sense !

Hi well you both are Vanguard Bears so I would expect that. Bored are we of discussing it on your forum. :) If this is really up for debate it should be moved to the debating section.

I'm sure you count yourself in the lack of common sense department......

Ah the tame T*** reappears with his astounding wit and reasoned argument... :lol:

tick tock...

Hi well you both are Vanguard Bears so I would expect that. Bored are we of discussing it on your forum. :) If this is really up for debate it should be moved to the debating section.

A tad divisive given the good relationship between boards ;) There are more than just those on VB who agree with the view

There are many things, that some wont agree with, that ultimately have an effect on EVERY Rangers fan, regardless of their nationality, creed, religion, sex, political views. For many years, we have been subjected to whats known as "chip chip", lots of little things, digs, which over time, build up to create a general view that Rangers (and fans by association) are bad. Just dismissing the "little things" leaves you more open for bigger things, and, many little things can create the same damage.

For me its simple, any perceived attack, how perhaps insignificant it may seem, is worth defending. I am not an antisocial violent bigot, as I am sure you arent, as arent many others, yet, we are portrayed as such, day in day out without comeback, and, I dont agree with it.

Ah the tame T*** reappears with his astounding wit and reasoned argument... :lol:

tick tock...

Tick tock..... :lol:

Scary stuff...... :lol:

Oi you - get back to the sink woman !!

Are you bucking for promotion to Admin? If so, you'll need to sort out that anger management problem lady ! :lol: