Final Fantasy

True_Blue_Gal

Oblivion is fucking epic! but i don't rate either Fable that highly... For me FF8 was the best, didn't enjoy 9 that much, 10 was good and 7 was great, never played any of them after 10 but will prob buy the next one.

I've got an PS1 emulator at home with FF 7,8 and 9 on it. Am in college just now, when i get home i'll see if i can find the link for you (tu).

Mate could you please pm me with the link an all? Been dying to play FF 7 again for a while now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4283045/Fi...with_ePSXe_1.70

This is the link for it ePSXe emulator, its got 7,8 and 9 with it, ye need uTorrent to download it, WinRar to extract them and Daemon tools to mount them and then ye just extract the ISO's to wherever, when ye go onto the icon that is the wee ps1 controller called ePSXe, ye go to file and run ISO and then click on the ISO you extracted, and then thats you playing

DO NOT fuck about wae the graphics! it took me ageeeeeees to fix it and i can only play it in windowed mode now.

i preferred FF8 to be honest, i thought the whole junction system made you think a lot more about how to win fights

plus who can remember the opening scene in ff8

and this song

just brilliant

My favourite.

I remember I hadn't even read anything about any FF games, I must have been like 8 or 9. Was in Blockbuster and saw it and was like, 'Aye, why not'. Glad I decided to randomly rent it!

I can't think of a piece of music that I don't like or doesn't fit. It's my favourite game.

i preferred FF8 to be honest, i thought the whole junction system made you think a lot more about how to win fights

and this song

just brilliant

My favourite.

I remember I hadn't even read anything about any FF games, I must have been like 8 or 9. Was in Blockbuster and saw it and was like, 'Aye, why not'. Glad I decided to randomly rent it!

I can't think of a piece of music that I don't like or doesn't fit. It's my favourite game.

Oh, just FYI, FF8 will be released on PSN's store next Thursday. So, I'll be storing that on my PSP and playing it :D

and this song

just brilliant

My favourite.

Oh, just FYI, FF8 will be released on PSN's store next Thursday. So, I'll be storing that on my PSP and playing it :D

mate get the FF8 music album, the music is SO amazing

and this song

just brilliant

My favourite.

I did (tu):)

and this song

Who

just brilliant

My favourite.

I remember I hadn't even read anything about any FF games, I must have been like 8 or 9. Was in Blockbuster and saw it and was like, 'Aye, why not'. Glad I decided to randomly rent

Who is on the album? Sounds good. I do like the music fro

oblivian , quite soothing .

It looks marvelous!

You'll enjoy, I think they are far better than the Oblivion series, and I really like them, was looking forward to 13 finally coming out, until I learned a few things about it, I believe they're using the same fighting style that was in 12 (which I hated, and that game was boring and tedious), Claudia Black is also doing the voice overs for one of the characters and her voice grates on me, but the worst thing is they've changed what was going to be the soundtrack and now a Leona Lewis song is going to be used in it!

From what I read in a review the pace of the battles are supposed to be furious, so hopefully that's true! Because, like you, I found 12's battle system (along with characters, music and story) tedious and boring!

Aye, the Leona Lewis song is supposed to be the theme song. I'm not that bothered, I don't think they would have picked it without it having some relevance to the story and in one of the recent trailers it seemed to fit quite well. I've not listened to the Japanese theme yet, mind you.

Hopefully you're right about the battle system, I know I'll still end up getting it anyway :lol:

As for Leona Lewis I suppose so, just doesn't fit right with me, prefer the traditional Japanese aspects.

Not one recommendation or even a mention of Final Fantasy VI. For shame :(

I realise most folk started with Final Fantasy VII as that pushed the series into western mindshare but Final Fantasy VI is the high point of the series for me. I started with Final Fantasy at IV on SNES so I played FFVI on release which helps but I would think that it's easier to go back to than FFVII graphically since late-2D (especially with the calibre or sprite work in FFVI) is a lot more palatable than early 3D if you are used to the current generation.

IGN recently ranked the Final Fantasy games and placed VI at the top as well (though VII was second) : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1057079p1.html. That link actually summarises the series pretty well.

>> "CGI was awesome especially in 8 for being on the PS1 "

Just picking this up. It doesn't matter what system the CGI is run on: it's played back as a movie. The resolution will be lower than HD consoles nowadays but the actual content is not affected. The CGI sections of FFXIII could run on a PS1.

Not one recommendation or even a mention of Final Fantasy VI. For shame :(

I realise most folk started with Final Fantasy VII as that pushed the series into western mindshare but Final Fantasy VI is the high point of the series for me. I started with Final Fantasy at IV on SNES so I played FFVI on release which helps but I would think that it's easier to go back to than FFVII graphically since late-2D (especially with the calibre or sprite work in FFVI) is a lot more palatable than early 3D if you are used to the current generation.

IGN recently ranked the Final Fantasy games and placed VI at the top as well (though VII was second) : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1057079p1.html. That link actually summarises the series pretty well.

>> "CGI was awesome especially in 8 for being on the PS1 "

Just picking this up. It doesn't matter what system the CGI is run on: it's played back as a movie. The resolution will be lower than HD consoles nowadays but the actual content is not affected. The CGI sections of FFXIII could run on a PS1.

I'm hoping there are plans for VI on the DS as III and IV were pretty good when they re-released them. Never played V or VI but really want to.

This is the link for it ePSXe emulator, its got 7,8 and 9 with it, ye need uTorrent to download it, WinRar to extract them and Daemon tools to mount them and then ye just extract the ISO's to wherever, when ye go onto the icon that is the wee ps1 controller called ePSXe, ye go to file and run ISO and then click on the ISO you extracted, and then thats you playing

DO NOT fuck about wae the graphics! it took me ageeeeeees to fix it and i can only play it in windowed mode now.

Is the version of FF7 for PC or PSX? I remember the PC version had really shitty midi music (or something) that just didn't do justice to the PSX's CD quality.

Is the version of FF7 for PC or PSX? I remember the PC version had really shitty midi music (or something) that just didn't do justice to the PSX's CD quality.

The 3 ISO's are for PSX, a downloaded FF8's pc version and it was utter shite didn't work at all thats how a ended up going for this... and all 3 work perfectly.

Final Fantasy VII is easily one of the best games of all time. VIII is really really great as well, and X for the PS2 was fantastic too.

They've fell away a little bit in recent years with all the X-2 pish and XII was a tedious play through. They need to stop over-designing the games and go back to making them look gritty and dirty again like VII and VIII. Too many bright colours and bags of accessories on the character designs now. It looks like the new one, XIII, may be following this overly lush pattern again, but I'm hoping the story and gameplay harks back to the earlier installments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...