Final Fantasy

True_Blue_Gal

Final Fantasy VII remains one of the most loved and respected games of all time, widely considered by fans as being the best of the now highly prestigious RPG series. I can’t argue with this praise, as FFVII still remains one of my all time console RPG favourites, right up there with Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.I will recommend you to go with this.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

papa and lidorfc, if you lot have a spare few hours a day for a few months then defo get an early version of final fantasy, best options are final fantasy 7 or 8

but you MUST be prepared to open your mind to the games and give them time, especially 7 as that doesnt get really really good until a fair few hours into the game

8 doesnt take as long, but still long enough

once you get the initial learning stages out the way etc, they games will hook you until completion, and they have a shed load of hidden stuff to uncover (for everyone that done 7, did you fight the weapons???????????? god emerald weapon underwater was a fucking bitch of a boss)

I've actually brought the ps2 out of storage so i can play FFX because of this thread! :lol:

Hahahaha. I was talking to a mate about fixing my PS2 for that at the weekend!

I looked out III and IV for the DS yesterday as well. Think I'll start III after I'm done with Dragon Quest.

Might buy ff7 and see what all the hype is about :pipe:

honestly mate, do it!

It is easily the best game i have ever played.

get involved in the characters and storyline and it is just like no other game thats ever existed.

I am still undecided about this, not sure whether to buy the new one due out or buy the final fantasy 7?

Was bidding for version 7 on ebay and someone sneaked in at end of bidding and beat my bid grrrr! Whats a reasonable price to pay for ps1 or ps2 version?

Just started III again last night. Ok so it's on the DS but jebus it's hard. There's none of the hand holding you get in the later versions and I'm remembering how good the job system is. I've died 3 times already in about 2 hours of play. I don't know if folks without a DS can get emulators but if you can then this is worth getting a hold of if you like the gameplay rather than the flashy graphics.

TBG, someone already said that you'd probably be better getting the new one to see if you like the concept. I'd agree with that, no point in splashing out on VII if you don't like the whole concept of the games.

Just started III again last night. Ok so it's on the DS but jebus it's hard. There's none of the hand holding you get in the later versions and I'm remembering how good the job system is. I've died 3 times already in about 2 hours of play. I don't know if folks without a DS can get emulators but if you can then this is worth getting a hold of if you like the gameplay rather than the flashy graphics.

TBG, someone already said that you'd probably be better getting the new one to see if you like the concept. I'd agree with that, no point in splashing out on VII if you don't like the whole concept of the games.

Yes i recall actually gitch, thanks. I reckon i will buy the newer version, have spent a wee bit on games this month so need to watch the cash flow.

• 1 month later...

Been getting emulators for all the older FF titles and here's what I've got so far. All very easy to find and install.

FFI & II Game Boy Advance emulator for the best versions of these.

FFIII & IV I've got them on DS but there are some alright DS emulators out there.

FFV & VI Game Boy Advance again.

FF VII, VIII and IX all on Playstation 1 emulator.

FFX - Already got for my PS2

FFXI - Think this was online only.

FF XII - Never got for the PS2, might try and get a copy though.