Final Fantasy

True_Blue_Gal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy 7 is pretty much the best one. Though, I kind of prefer 8, perhaps down to the fact it was the first I played.

Of the three that were released on PS2, 10 was probably the best.

As mentioned above, 13 is out soon on March 9th.

I enjoy all of the games, really. 12 the least, though.

I was thinking of buying one of the games and wasn't sure which one is best? Can anyone recommend? I normally play Oblivian and Fable.

get yourself a cheap PS1 or an emulator and get final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 8

once you have MASTERED, (not just completed) them then you can move onto other FF games

7 and 8 are the best games ive ever played, storyline that grips you, action and fightscenes that are good

CGI was awesome especially in 8 for being on the PS1

I'd play number 7 first, as the artwork is more manga styled compared to the other titles. I've noticed those who play the latter titles first seem to prefer them; so may as well maximise your enjoyment of the best JRPG ever made! It's also got the best characters, locations, and story; and the materia spell system is widely regarded as the best in the series.

I still have Final Fantasy 7 tunes on my mp3 player, favourite game ever.

Had it since about 97 and my most recently play through was only a month or 2 ago

Hah, I'm glad I'm not the only one ;)

The fact 7, 8 and 9 have such replayability is testament to how good the games are.

12 was my least favourite, but even X-2 was one I enjoyed and it got slated by a lot of people.

You'll enjoy, I think they are far better than the Oblivion series, and I really like them, was looking forward to 13 finally coming out, until I learned a few things about it, I believe they're using the same fighting style that was in 12 (which I hated, and that game was boring and tedious), Claudia Black is also doing the voice overs for one of the characters and her voice grates on me, but the worst thing is they've changed what was going to be the soundtrack and now a Leona Lewis song is going to be used in it!

You'll enjoy, I think they are far better than the Oblivion series, and I really like them, was looking forward to 13 finally coming out, until I learned a few things about it, I believe they're using the same fighting style that was in 12 (which I hated, and that game was boring and tedious), Claudia Black is also doing the voice overs for one of the characters and her voice grates on me, but the worst thing is they've changed what was going to be the soundtrack and now a Leona Lewis song is going to be used in it!

Thanks.

I will get 7 and if i enjoy might eventually buy the newer versions coming out. I fancy fifa as well.

Can't wait to get a weekend and just play hee hee.

From what I read in a review the pace of the battles are supposed to be furious, so hopefully that's true! Because, like you, I found 12's battle system (along with characters, music and story) tedious and boring!

Aye, the Leona Lewis song is supposed to be the theme song. I'm not that bothered, I don't think they would have picked it without it having some relevance to the story and in one of the recent trailers it seemed to fit quite well. I've not listened to the Japanese theme yet, mind you.

Oblivion is fucking epic! but i don't rate either Fable that highly... For me FF8 was the best, didn't enjoy 9 that much, 10 was good and 7 was great, never played any of them after 10 but will prob buy the next one.

I've got an PS1 emulator at home with FF 7,8 and 9 on it. Am in college just now, when i get home i'll see if i can find the link for you (tu).

Oblivion is fucking epic! but i don't rate either Fable that highly... For me FF8 was the best, didn't enjoy 9 that much, 10 was good and 7 was great, never played any of them after 10 but will prob buy the next one.

I've got an PS1 emulator at home with FF 7,8 and 9 on it. Am in college just now, when i get home i'll see if i can find the link for you (tu).

That would be great thanks.

Yes oblivian is my favourite, i have the shivering isles as well and its superb.