Kevin Thomson

He had a decent game on Saturday - shades of his old self. I didn't think he was sluggish. Looked to be bombing all over the place, hassling and putting his foot in.

As has been said time and time again, recovering from a cruciate injury is a long hard struggle. Coming back from a second cruciate injury is even harder.

He's been match-fit for upwards of 3 months now, so there is no excuse for his poor form of late in my opinion. If not fullt fit, he shouldn't be in the team. If he is fit, he still shouldn't be in the team, as his performances don't merit a place.

No hes not <cr>

:lol: Another thread.

Overweight? Seriously? That's a ridiculous statement.

Not enough people seem to understand that Kevin Thomson has done well to return from, not the first, the second cruciate ligament injury of his career. Some people never recover from the first.

It remains to be seen whether he will ever recapture his pre-injury form, but the earliest we will see him do this will be next season. If it hadn't been for injuries, Kevin Thomson would most likely have been a substitute in 50% of the games he's played at least.

Look at how Chelsea are easing Joe Cole back into first team action, look at how Arsenal eased Eduardo back after his serious injury. Those are examples of what clubs do to expose players back to first team football gradually after a serious injury. He shouldn't be a first pick, but injuries to others have dictated that he has seen more action than he should have.

Not enough people seem to understand that Kevin Thomson has done well to return from, not the first, the second cruciate ligament injury of his career. Some people never recover from the first.

It remains to be seen whether he will ever recapture his pre-injury form, but the earliest we will see him do this will be next season. If it hadn't been for injuries, Kevin Thomson would most likely have been a substitute in 50% of the games he's played at least.

Look at how Chelsea are easing Joe Cole back into first team action, look at how Arsenal eased Eduardo back after his serious injury. Those are examples of what clubs do to expose players back to first team football gradually after a serious injury. He shouldn't be a first pick, but injuries to others have dictated that he has seen more action than he should have.

:clap: Hey, I've got to edumacate the masses ain't inat!! ;)

I see the point you're trying to make but tbh I expect players to NOT be overweight when they shove on a Rangers shirt. Maybe the thread is a little to heavy on criticising him but when you think of the criticism WRONGLY aimed at Charlie Adam then I don't think it's tooooo unfair to have a pop at Kevin.

He needs to loose some inches - THEN he'll find getting around the field a bit easier and his form will improve...

:clap: Hey, I've got to edumacate the masses ain't inat!! ;)

I see the point you're trying to make but tbh I expect players to NOT be overweight when they shove on a Rangers shirt. Maybe the thread is a little to heavy on criticising him but when you think of the criticism WRONGLY aimed at Charlie Adam then I don't think it's tooooo unfair to have a pop at Kevin.

He needs to loose some inches - THEN he'll find getting around the field a bit easier and his form will improve...

I agree he does look overweight and even more sluggish. He has never had any pace and his second cruciate seems to have made him lose a couple of yards of pace.