Sell Murray Park

ronniemca

Why don't we sell you? Give the profits to Lloyds, that'll easily wipe out the debt.

That whole £4.50 will contribute to the cause. (tu)

Come on mate im sure his mum would stump up a tenner at least :craphead:

Yes! Thats it, we've got the solution. Phone Bain (tu)

"Selling it" and renting it back could be a solution however. Get £10m for it then secure a long term 25yr lease for say 750k per year. It was quite a common property transaction before the crash.

Does that not tell you something?

The company i worked for did that, and as soon as money was tight they went into administration because of it. It's an idiots way of trying to look good on a balance sheet before buggering off and leaving the mess for someone else.

"Selling it" and renting it back could be a solution however. Get £10m for it then secure a long term 25yr lease for say 750k per year. It was quite a common property transaction before the crash.

The company i worked for did that, and as soon as money was tight they went into administration because of it. It's an idiots way of trying to look good on a balance sheet before buggering off and leaving the mess for someone else.

Thanks for your insight. :rolleyes:

I'd rather we did a lease back of the training ground than have to sell 3 top players in the summer.

Thanks for your insight. :rolleyes:

I'd rather we did a lease back of the training ground than have to sell 3 top players in the summer.

You should be on the board with that forward thinking.

:lol:

Aye I've got a picture in my head just now, Walter Smith leading the players on a jog down the Copland Rd

The upside of this scenario would be that the Club would be engaging with the supporters again as opposed to being locked away from our adoring gaze behind the large fences of Auchenhowie.

We could arrange subway days out, timing it so as to meet up with Walter and the boys and cheer them as they jogged past various stations (Ibrox, Cessnock, Kinning Park and so on). :D

We are the people, so let's get them back amongst 'The People'. :D

Just thinking about that, do we do what alot of EPL teams do and have like a training day at ibrox to let the fans in and have a look at the team ? i think that would be a great success

no chance then we.d get to see what half the lazy bastards actually do for there wages.

Obviously we're talking hypothetical scenarios but if we had to raise £10m in the summer you'd rather we sold Davis, Boogie and McGregor than organised a lease back of Murray Park? We'd still "own" the asset FFS, it's just effectively taking a mortgage on it.

Obviously we're talking hypothetical scenarios but if we had to raise £10m in the summer you'd rather we sold Davis, Boogie and McGregor than organised a lease back of Murray Park? We'd still "own" the asset FFS, it's just effectively taking a mortgage on it.

How would we own it if we sold it and rented it back? One of those mortgages where you pay 25 years then have nothing to show for it? It's a shite plan for the long term, long term planning being something Rangers need to focus on. Anyway the situation you're describing in all likelihood just wont happen.

:lol:

Aye I've got a picture in my head just now, Walter Smith leading the players on a jog down the Copland Rd

The upside of this scenario would be that the Club would be engaging with the supporters again as opposed to being locked away from our adoring gaze behind the large fences of Auchenhowie.

We could arrange subway days out, timing it so as to meet up with Walter and the boys and cheer them as they jogged past various stations (Ibrox, Cessnock, Kinning Park and so on). :D

We are the people, so let's get them back amongst 'The People'. :D

To many chip shops and chinky's on that route. :D